Day Before GDT: Larks @ Bombers

JCon

4 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Anyone know what Gray's injury is? To me he's an upgrade at either guard position. 

Also - broken record time - I've seen enough of Lucky. Not a CFL caliber receiver. He's a returner, period. And the big gadget plays he broke seems like a million years ago. I'd play Bailey and sit Lucky. Not sure who has the man crush on Lucky - Lapo or O'Shea. 

Based on last game, I'd absolutely agree with that.  The interior line struggled in a big way and I second the Lucky sentiment. 

The 'best' receiving corps we've trotted out all year (most successful in my mind) was:

Wolitarsky, Bailey, Peterman, Lawler and Adams.

4 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Based on last game, I'd absolutely agree with that.  The interior line struggled in a big way and I second the Lucky sentiment. 

The 'best' receiving corps we've trotted out all year (most successful in my mind) was:

I agree.  Those imports and then you have Wolitarsky, Demski and Petermann platoon through the 2 spots.

Whitehead could only stay on if they trusted him to be the primary returner.  Thus far Grant is much better at that role.

5 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Yup. I totally agree with Petermann over Demski. Any opportunity the guy gets he produces. Not to side track this discussion into an O'Shea chat, but, that to me is my biggest frustration with him - loyalty to players/coaches when better options exist. Not sure what goes on in the dressing room, but, the ones I've been in coaching youth ball, every player knows when a back up should be playing over a starter. And that's disruptive. 

Edited by M.Silverback

18 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

And if McGuire went down .. the emergency QB would probably be someone like Darvin Adams. 

I'd rather have an actual QB then a receiver as an emergency back up QB...

Unless he's still hurt... there's literally no harm to dressing him as the third stringer...

I thought the poster was joking about Collaros not being on the roster....Christ, he got into town Thursday afternoon!! As was mentioned, let's get his bubble-wrap suit in before they let him step on the field. He's at best our 3rd stringer, so don't even worry about it...

22 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Yup. I totally agree with Petermann over Demski. Any opportunity the guy gets he produces. Not to side track this discussion into an O'Shea chat, but, that to me is my biggest frustration with him - loyalty to players/coaches when better options exist. Not sure what goes on in the dressing room, but, the ones I've been in coaching youth ball, every player knows when a back up should be playing over a starter. And that's disruptive. 

Demski to me is a Lapo guy much moreso than this being an O'Shea thing. Lapo loves his little gadget players and a rb turned receiver like Demski is the stuff that gives Lapo a rager. Why you think our entire offense is Harris plus gimmick plays to Whitehead and Demski? The reason the group minus Demski and Whitehead was impressive is cause it forced us to call a proper game and not that cutesy crap Lapo is in love with. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Yes, when we win, they suddenly disappear. 

Personally

I'd prefer walking into a den of well-fed happy content lions than a den of hungry angry nasty "got a burning scab on my nutsack" lions

So without trying to sound troll like,

I need you to win so I can join the conversation ( unless it's against the riders- then I just pout for a week)

Edited by VoR

6 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Has the question regarding Gray's "injury" been answered? I think since Neuf went in the interior hasn't been as strong.

No and all the Bombers media seems to have turned their attention to the Jets. I'm not seeing any updates on practices or anything. I've asked many without response. I would have walked over there myself to see a practice but I'm made of sugar. 

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

We’re bringing in collaros for two games ha... omfg

Plus at least one playoff game. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Literally makes no sense unless he's not medically cleared.

1. He's getting paid a game cheque.

2. The 3rd QB spot can't be used for a player elsewhere on the roster.

So we are playing a player short.  Even if Collaros doesn't know the offense at all, would we not want him to play if both our #1 and #2 QB's got knocked out?

I can understand not elevating the PR QB because of cap space.

I mean, it's the way they team has been playing since Anderson left.

3 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

Anyone know what Gray's injury is? To me he's an upgrade at either guard position. 

Also - broken record time - I've seen enough of Lucky. Not a CFL caliber receiver. He's a returner, period. And the big gadget plays he broke seems like a million years ago. I'd play Bailey and sit Lucky. Not sure who has the man crush on Lucky - Lapo or O'Shea. 

He’s not even a great returner. He is terrible on punt returns. He had a nice preseason and a few games early on, and we’ve been chasing that since. He can be on the roster as a gadget guy and have a few plays designed for him but Bailey provides infinitely more as a pass catcher. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Demski to me is a Lapo guy much moreso than this being an O'Shea thing. Lapo loves his little gadget players and a rb turned receiver like Demski is the stuff that gives Lapo a rager. Why you think our entire offense is Harris plus gimmick plays to Whitehead and Demski? The reason the group minus Demski and Whitehead was impressive is cause it forced us to call a proper game and not that cutesy crap Lapo is in love with. 

Hopefully we beat the crap out of Montreal and the Lapo trolls go back under their bridges. 

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I guess. But it's not some big risk to not dress him. Theyve been rolling with two qbs for a few weeks. One more shouldn't be an issue.....of course now that I've said that

It’s not that there’s a huge worry that the two QBs get hurt, though that isn’t completely impossible especially in these conditions. It’s that the roster spot can’t be used on anyone else so they’re playing a man short for no reason. 

Just now, AKAChip said:

It’s not that there’s a huge worry that the two QBs get hurt, though that isn’t completely impossible especially in these conditions. It’s that the roster spot can’t be used on anyone else so they’re playing a man short for no reason. 

"man short" cause collaros would have done what if he dressed? Stood around and talked to people. Which is likely exactly what he's going to be doing.