Day Before GDT: Larks @ Bombers

JCon

We're in really bad shape if we haven't even talked about tomorrow's game yet. 

The weather will certainly be interesting and it's Family Day. Too bad they keep scheduling Family Day in October, as it seems the weather can't hold out. My son was excited about the American Ninja Warrior style obstacle course but I don't think we'll be going to it now. Game time weather is now showing as 2 (feels like -3), mix of sun and clouds, wind 21N gusting to 33.

Ed Tait's 48-hour primer from yesterday. 

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

We're in really bad shape if we haven't even talked about tomorrow's game yet. 

But we did get a lot of really important talk about when we should fire Mike O'Shea and why the answer is 3 years ago. 

Put the last month behind us, kick the crap out of Montreal and send the trolls back to their bridges. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But we did get a lot of really important talk about when we should fire Mike O'Shea and why the answer is 3 years ago. 

Put the last month behind us, kick the crap out of Montreal and send the trolls back to their bridges. 

Yes, when we win, they suddenly disappear. 

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Are the Als here currently?  If not they are going to have a tough time getting into the city after noon today.

And as I write this and look at arrivals board, all flights between Winnipeg and Montreal today are listed as cancelled.

I'll take a win by default lol...

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Better not see our guys falling on their asses after this kind of stuff.

I don't understand? They're not taking a shot at the Als, they're just saying the conditions are bad. 

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

I'll take a win by default lol...

We're not the Riders. We want to play the game. 

Some juicy info:

Andrew Harris: Leads the CFL with 1,095 rushing yards and is trying to do so for the 3rd consecutive season. 

Mike Miller tops the CFL with 24 ST tackles and with 184 career is tied for #2 all-time with Wade Miller (184). He needs one more to be #2 alone and is 6 behind leader Jason Arakgi (190)

Montreal has 8 wins thus far (most since 2014) and of those 8, 4 have been comeback from 10+ point deficits

Winnipeg Pass Defence - First 12 games: 280 yds allowed per game; Last 3 games: 382 yards allowed per game.

- Montreal's last 7 games: They have scored just one 1st Quarter TD; in the 4th Q/OT they have scored 10 TDs over that span.

- Winnipeg's last 4 games - 4th Quarter Scoring: Winnipeg 3, Opponents 37

Winnipeg has been outscored in the 4th Quarter 7 times in 2019 and in each of the last 3 games

With 556 career receptions, Andrew Harris is the CFL's all-time leader among pure Running Backs

Chris Streveler has 577 rushing yards and needs 64 to set a Winnipeg team record for QBs (Buddy Leake 1956: 633 yds)

Willie Jefferson leads the CFL with 12 Knockdowns. No Def. Lineman has led the CFL in PKDs since Fred Perry in 2006 (10)

Since the start of 2016 the Bombers are 37-16 with Matt Nichols at QB and just 5-11 when another QB is the starter

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Collaros not dressing...

Literally makes no sense unless he's not medically cleared.

1. He's getting paid a game cheque.

2. The 3rd QB spot can't be used for a player elsewhere on the roster.

So we are playing a player short.  Even if Collaros doesn't know the offense at all, would we not want him to play if both our #1 and #2 QB's got knocked out?

I can understand not elevating the PR QB because of cap space.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Literally makes no sense unless he's not medically cleared.

1. He's getting paid a game cheque.

2. The 3rd QB spot can't be used for a player elsewhere on the roster.

So we are playing a player short.  Even if Collaros doesn't know the offense at all, would we not want him to play if both our #1 and #2 QB's got knocked out?

His equipment is on order. 

8e66ec67-dd4d-4a75-ab5e-9122ce79048c_2.7

52 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You're a hoot - Anyone that disagrees with your view point is a Troll! Guess what! The Bombers have a ton of issues and avoiding discussions on them will not make them go away. Not that anything we say makes all that much difference in any event but folks that have opinions that differ than yours are not trolls at least IMHO.

26 minutes ago, JCon said:

EGmrqkiX0AAhFmd?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Anyone know what Gray's injury is? To me he's an upgrade at either guard position. 

Also - broken record time - I've seen enough of Lucky. Not a CFL caliber receiver. He's a returner, period. And the big gadget plays he broke seems like a million years ago. I'd play Bailey and sit Lucky. Not sure who has the man crush on Lucky - Lapo or O'Shea.