Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think I'm around 20 all told, mostly Ebay purchases. I'm always in the hunt for older ones. My white whale is a Dunigan jersey circa 1993. My pride is a Walby circa 1990... Raven-made. 

I don't own any jerseys of a player from the The Trinity regime. My wife has a Bighill, and I really want to add a Harris or Nichols at some point. There's just so many players from this championship core that are "worthy" of buying their jersey.... 

Nice! The Dunnigan and Walby are sweet. I have a few gems as well I think my oldest is a Reeves. 

11 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I actually don’t think there’d be much debate… the only correct answer is royal blue… any other choice and you’ll be asked to leave

The correct answer is blue AND gold. The all-blue concept in 1996 created a lot of debate. Most of it hostile. 
Brett_MacNeil.jpg

s-l500.jpg

A re-visit of all blue in 2014 created even more outrage. 
Bombers-signature-2.jpg

Plus, gold is the colour of first place. The colour of a champion.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

I think I'm around 20 all told, mostly Ebay purchases. I'm always in the hunt for older ones. My white whale is a Dunigan jersey circa 1993. My pride is a Walby circa 1990... Raven-made. 

I don't own any jerseys of a player from the The Trinity regime. My wife has a Bighill, and I really want to add a Harris or Nichols at some point. There's just so many players from this championship core that are "worthy" of buying their jersey.... 

I hear ya. For me, I like getting jerseys that not "everyone" has. So as much as jerseys like Bighill, Collaros, and Jefferson are great jersey choices, they're ones I'm probably choosing against.

I need a jersey for Labour Day. O-Line jerseys seem to be rare-ish so I'm leaning towards a Big Stan jersey at the moment.

On 2019-10-09 at 11:26 PM, Zontar said:

Collaros beating Riders in playoffs would be more exciting then 10 Superbowls. 

Favourite comment in the entire thread. ZC just happened to do it twice in the playoffs (so far).

On 2019-10-26 at 11:26 AM, White Out said:

Good trade 

Amazing how some went on four or five paragraph tangents with no clue whatsoever, and this two word post was the most accurate of all lol.

On 2019-10-11 at 1:44 PM, TBURGESS said:

It's not about entitlement or having to be told what to think. There's a difference between not giving up information that may be useful to other teams and directly lying to the Media. MOS directly, unabashidly, and confidently lies. Kinda Trump like. 

....wtf...? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

On 2019-10-12 at 12:13 PM, rebusrankin said:

Reading the back and forth between 17to85 and Noeller and I was like tumblr_p8hlp8bHtB1vbcnq8o1_400.gif

Another favourite post of the thread given that I can picture the two of them doing this...

On 2019-11-25 at 7:04 AM, bluto said:

I will say the same thing about ZC as I said when he was our backup because my opinion hasn't altered:

The guy is a winner and has a set of brass ones. He is fun to watch and a deadly improviser, but his courage and play style will get him hurt and his throwing motion will lead to fumbles. But I'd have this guy leading the team any Sunday.

So much this. Not sure if it could have been stated any better.

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

My thing with jerseys is to only buy players that I’ve seen play.

My first was a Charlie Roberts with the 75 anniversary patch. Love that jersey.

I think I’m up to 7 total.

As for my own thoughts, I was apparently on one of my message board extended absences that I tend to go on every so often but I recall having a very ho-hum reaction to the trade at the time. I felt that Strevvy as a full time starter in the 2019 stretch run would have been a disaster due to his limitations throwing the ball. That said, you're "obviously" not going to get a miracle worker (though little did we know we did) in a trade so I remember thinking to myself that given playbooks take time to learn and with Lapo at OC the offence would be vanilla at best.

I remember not having any hope whatsoever during that Calgary semi final game and pretty much enjoyed the ride from that point on. Happy to be wrong about my expectations of the trade, like so many were looking back at the posts, and I look forward to the day when ZC is in the Blue Bomber and CFL Halls of Fame.

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

I think I'm around 20 all told, mostly Ebay purchases. My pride is a Walby circa 1990... Raven-made.

I think I've got that one.  No nameplate, silkscreened numbers, made of a weird polyester that still has a little bit of off gassing smell?

I've lost a bunch of weight recently and I'm getting an away bomber jersey to celebrate hitting 200lbs.  Trying to figure out who, but ZC8 is definitely in the mix.  My wife is a big fan of any bomber who does animal welfare work so she wants me to get an Oliveira or maybe a Cvetty.  I'm thinking BATTLE 34 or T. JONES 35 is gonna be it tho it's a tiny bit weird to get a super vintage name on a modern jersey.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

As for my own thoughts, I was apparently on one of my message board extended absences that I tend to go on every so often but I recall having a very ho-hum reaction to the trade at the time. I felt that Strevvy as a full time starter in the 2019 stretch run would have been a disaster due to his limitations throwing the ball. That said, you're "obviously" not going to get a miracle worker (though little did we know we did) in a trade so I remember thinking to myself that given playbooks take time to learn and with Lapo at OC the offence would be vanilla at best.

I remember not having any hope whatsoever during that Calgary semi final game and pretty much enjoyed the ride from that point on. Happy to be wrong about my expectations of the trade, like so many were looking back at the posts, and I look forward to the day when ZC is in the Blue Bomber and CFL Halls of Fame.

Going into the west semi felt like a rinse and repeat moment. I didn't even try to plan a get together with buddies to watch it or anything....among other things, I thought we'd have to get very lucky to win. I was extremely pumped after the game though and there was definitely a party for the final!!

52 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Going into the west semi felt like a rinse and repeat moment. I didn't even try to plan a get together with buddies to watch it or anything....among other things, I thought we'd have to get very lucky to win. I was extremely pumped after the game though and there was definitely a party for the final!!

Scheme and execution were superb - I rank it as one of the all-time great games by our D. 

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The correct answer is blue AND gold. The all-blue concept in 1996 created a lot of debate. Most of it hostile. 
Brett_MacNeil.jpg

s-l500.jpg

A re-visit of all blue in 2014 created even more outrage. 
Bombers-signature-2.jpg

Plus, gold is the colour of first place. The colour of a champion.

Still remember sitting through the pre-game warm up......and wondering what team this was, and why they were all covered in bird crap....

On 2019-10-12 at 12:05 PM, Tracker said:

We need to keep our expectations for Collaros low. He is probably brittle, unfamiliar with the Bombers game plan (if there is such) and is likely rusty as all heck. If he does take the field, it will probably be in dire circumstances. Bombers essentially bought a pig in a poke.

Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.