Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

25 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

So either one of Matt and Chris or zach and Chris. That means McGuire goes on the pr.  Stalls his development or we lose him totally. Or we go with strev and McGuire and too me that sounds like a scary situation going into the new year.

Even tho there is going to be this apparent 2 QB rule for guys allowed on game day roster it doesn't mean that teams won't/cant have a 3rd ready to roll on the PR or on the undressed portion of the active roster...to handcuff a team like that would be ludicrous

There will be a provision or spot for at minimum a 3rd somewhere, or if not the 3rd on a team will be on a PR but not paid the PR minimum..

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Even tho there is going to be this apparent 2 QB rule for guys allowed on game day roster it doesn't mean that teams won't/cant have a 3rd ready to roll on the PR or on the undressed portion of the active roster...to handcuff a team like that would be ludicrous

There will be a provision or spot for at minimum a 3rd somewhere, or if not the 3rd on a team will be on a PR but not paid the PR minimum..

I’m not saying teams won’t have a third qb on the pr. I meant that I don’t think McGuire would take that pr spot. Obviously this is speculation, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one of Matt, Chris or Sean isn’t on the roster next year 

36 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

does anyone know if there has ever been another starting QB for the Bombers that never lost a start? could be a mic drop for ol' ZC...

Danny McManus is the only QB with multiple wins. He went 6-0 as a Blue Bomber.

·         McManus actually went a CFL record 8-0 before his first loss. In 2014, BLM was credited with the CFL record when he went 7-0 but I have been informed that the record has been amended - problem is very people know it.

Modern day QBs who went 1-0 are Norman Gibbs (1983-1985) & Brian Ah Yat (1999-2001). Pre-War QBs who I have at 1-0 include Alex Lindsay, Fritz Hanson & Johnny Lake.

16 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Looking at Zach's numbers after four games, I don't see how we couldn't have achieved the exact same result with Nichols. We won with Zach the same way we always have with Matt. No turnovers, scoring off opposing turnovers, great run game and good defense. There were more deep balls, sure, but the blueprint was the same.

I guess my point is, Collaros was a great pick up because he was able to come in and give us what we were missing when Nichols went down.

Gotta disagree. You're right that the gameplan didn't change, but the execution did. The biggest differences for me is Zach's pocket awareness, ability to scramble, and willingness to throw the 50/50 balls with confidence.  Matt would have eaten sacks or checked it down to Harris in those situations and the result would likely have been different.  I love Matt, think he was a big part of what got us here, but I've maintained my stance that he isn't the guy to take us to the Cup. 

If Collaros signs elsewhere, I'll personally be hoping we go after another QB to pair with Streveler. 

Just my 2 cents

14 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

does anyone know if there has ever been another starting QB for the Bombers that never lost a start? could be a mic drop for ol' ZC...

I hope he has a chance to lose 1 game as a Bomber next season.   But just 1. 17-1 baby!!!!!

Edited by B-F-F-C

On 2019-10-09 at 4:43 PM, bearpants said:

Not a huge fan of Collaros at this point in his career... but Walters didn’t give up much... so there’s nothing to lose here...

17 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I needed a laugh yesterday so I went back and started to read this thread from the start.  Many posters on here need to apologize to Zach Collaros.  

I thought about that too... so I want and checked what I said... Turns out I was wrong about him... but I certainly didn't slam him like some others... :) 

I listened to a little bit of the Coach's Show on 'OB last night (only a little bit....****, are the callers ever annoying....) and I really got the impression that O'Shea wants Nichols back next year, come hell or high water. He was going out of his way to make sure Nichols got his due for all he did for the football club. Said something about "...as soon as we can get a contract done up..." regarding Nichols...

17 hours ago, Booch said:

Designate strevereler as a RB then put him on the field at the same time as collaros and harris. 

I want to say they used to have a rule against that but I think it was tossed out not sure though. If any thing after the last year, teams will want to carry 3 qbs. 

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I needed a laugh yesterday so I went back and started to read this thread from the start.  Many posters on here need to apologize to Zach Collaros.  

You should go back and look at the interview in TC with the riders. It was a small sample size, but this is easily the single biggest mental turn around for a QB ive ever seen in any league or level. Hes gone from DOA to a good pick of teams where he will have a good chance to start. 

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I listened to a little bit of the Coach's Show on 'OB last night (only a little bit....****, are the callers ever annoying....) and I really got the impression that O'Shea wants Nichols back next year, come hell or high water. He was going out of his way to make sure Nichols got his due for all he did for the football club. Said something about "...as soon as we can get a contract done up..." regarding Nichols...

It will be interesting to see how this off-season plays out, we know Nichols wants to stay which might motivate him to push to get his contract signed before F.A. begins and Zach  has time to decide where he wants to be.  LaPo could be the key domino as the OC should have a say in who he wants as a starting QB so a lot depends on whether he is staying or leaving.

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

Football can be a mental game.   Watch pre-Bomber interviews of Zac - a guy who just looked hopeless and whupped.  Then look at his demeanour now

Yeah I agree...his head space early in the year was bad..he looked defeated....this past month he seemed rejuvinated and almost like a different person

On 2019-11-23 at 10:35 AM, Rich said:

You’ve never been banned    You were suspended.   If you were banned you just wouldn’t be here anymore.

No one has been suspended for an opinion except when what they say is an attempt to troll or they try to push that opinion across multiple threads and derailing those conversations. 

If you think people that are disagreeing with you are actually attacking you, then report the post.  There is a report link on each post.  

Or you can “not back down”,  do what you did last time and get suspended again.   Get suspended enough times and then you will be banned. 

Remember that hit by Hansen?  This one was almost as good!  **BOOM**

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Even if he comes back next year his leash will be so short it will become embarrassing for him.  His first turtle and the crowd would be chanting for Big Chris...... if Matty is okay with giving up a fair amount of playing time to help the next QB develop then it may work...

13 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Even if he comes back next year his leash will be so short it will become embarrassing for him.  His first turtle and the crowd would be chanting for Big Chris...... if Matty is okay with giving up a fair amount of playing time to help the next QB develop then it may work...

And if strev continues with his way being a rb at qb, then what? 

1 minute ago, Tiny759 said:

And if strev continues with his way being a rb at qb, then what? 

You seen him place that ball perfectly for Harris for the TD on Sunday...... you have read booches stats on Big Chris' college days..  and his passing stats in his final year.....   things are looking up at the QB position it seems now..... enjoy it.  I am.