Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

1 hour ago, bluto said:

I will say the same thing about ZC as I said when he was our backup because my opinion hasn't altered:

The guy is a winner and has a set of brass ones. He is fun to watch and a deadly improviser, but his courage and play style will get him hurt and his throwing motion will lead to fumbles. But I'd have this guy leading the team any Sunday.

Don’t understand where you are trying to get with this one. He’s a pocket passer who can escape pressure. I guess every qbs style of play will lead them to get hurt then considering every starting qb got hurt this year. And idk where you are getting this throwing motion leading to fumble thing.

Can't a guy just bask in the glow of this fantastic Grey Cup win - and the amazing season that preceded it - without thinking about next season already?

Although, it wasn't until we solidified the all-important QB position with Collaros that the Bombers were able to reach peak performance as a team.

So I'd take Collaros back next year - gladly. And I really want Streveller here too. He is Dunigan2.

I think another year of maturation for Streveler and look out..heart and soul...blood and guts guy....a player a team needs

Some of the instagram pics and clips of him are priceless post game...guys lovin it...if you get to see him leaving McMahon with the cup booting the door open, and how he is dressed is priceless

25 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Don’t understand where you are trying to get with this one. He’s a pocket passer who can escape pressure. I guess every qbs style of play will lead them to get hurt then considering every starting qb got hurt this year. And idk where you are getting this throwing motion leading to fumble thing.

Watch video of his throwing motion. See how he pulls it back to a "cocked" state from underneath? Now picture a scrambler in traffic doing it. Imagine his pursuers batting at the ball below shoulder height. I don't feel like this is a hard one to get.

7 minutes ago, bluto said:

Watch video of his throwing motion. See how he pulls it back to a "cocked" state from underneath? Now picture a scrambler in traffic doing it. Imagine his pursuers batting at the ball below shoulder height. I don't feel like this is a hard one to get.

He’s got a bit of a longer arm delivery yes, but you are talking about a certain situation. Most qbs lose or fumble the ball when they get hit while entering a throwing motion 

2 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

He’s got a bit of a longer arm delivery yes, but you are talking about a certain situation. Most qbs lose or fumble the ball when they get hit while entering a throwing motion 

It isn't just that it is a longer delivery but that it comes up from underneath. Anyway, I'm done discussing it as I feel that my original post on ZC was complimentary and I don't want to be picking apart a Grey Cup Winning starting QB less than 24 hours after his greatest triumph.

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think another year of maturation for Streveler and look out..heart and soul...blood and guts guy....a player a team needs

Some of the instagram pics and clips of him are priceless post game...guys lovin it...if you get to see him leaving McMahon with the cup booting the door open, and how he is dressed is priceless

I hope this works:

https://twitter.com/nik_kowalski/status/1198864134722314241?s=20

https://twitter.com/CFL/status/1198823714487296001?s=20

17 minutes ago, bluto said:

It isn't just that it is a longer delivery but that it comes up from underneath. Anyway, I'm done discussing it as I feel that my original post on ZC was complimentary and I don't want to be picking apart a Grey Cup Winning starting QB less than 24 hours after his greatest triumph.

Not disagreeing it comes from underneath, but it has never led to fumbles without being hit. And well don’t bring something up on a fan forum if you don’t want to discuss it haha

18 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I've watched all the post game player interviews and I have to say Zach Collaros you can show some emotion. You just won the Grey Cup and ended the 29 year drought. 

I've never seen a player so even keeled after winning a championship.

Remember that he sat under Ricky Ray's learning tree for 2 seasons. Even keeled was the order of the day.

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

Every interview you see with Collaros, he looks like a kid on Christmas morning.   Playing for MOS and sitting behind that OL....will do that for you.

he probably hasn't felt so safe and secure in years...and hopefully him thinking of being swarmed behind the T.O o-line makes his decision to stay easier...I'd be okay going with him and Strev next year.

Just those subtle step up's in pocket..or the side steps to avoid the pressure, to allow the reciever to seperate and make those long tosses he did in all 4 games are huge..Sadly Matt would have tossed it away...or got buried...there's where the difference is...Strev can escape and get the yards with his legs while he masters the passing part, and what a perfect guy for him to play behind and watch and learn how from Collaros...he would never see that with Nichols..I think Zack's presence would go a long way in Strev's development

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

he probably hasn't felt so safe and secure in years...and hopefully him thinking of being swarmed behind the T.O o-line makes his decision to stay easier...I'd be okay going with him and Strev next year.

Just those subtle step up's in pocket..or the side steps to avoid the pressure, to allow the reciever to seperate and make those long tosses he did in all 4 games are huge..Sadly Matt would have tossed it away...or got buried...there's where the difference is...Strev can escape and get the yards with his legs while he masters the passing part, and what a perfect guy for him to play behind and watch and learn how from Collaros...he would never see that with Nichols..I think Zack's presence would go a long way in Strev's development

Man, you're convincing me, I don't want to be set up for disappointment though!

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Man, you're convincing me, I don't want to be set up for disappointment though!

Stranger things have happened...maybe his wife will want to have him be safe and tell him he has to sign in Winnipeg...Other than the couple shots he took in first game I don't think he was barely touched..except when he took off and ran those few times