Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

19 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

check out the season passing stats, ill give you a sample.

Matt Nichols 15 TD - 5 INT

Chris Streveler 7 TD - 12 INT

I'll bite.

Let's compare apples to apples shall we?  Not what an 8 year vet has accomplished compared to a guy who has less than a full season of playing time under his belt.  Through Nichols first 23 games with Edmonton (Streveler has been in 24):

270 / 443 (60.9% completion rate) for 3386 (12.5 yards per completion) with 19 TDs and 18 interceptions. He added 36 carries for 138 yards (3.8 yards per carry) and 3 touchdowns

Streveler by comparison:

224 / 347 (64.5% completion rate) for 2564 yards (11.44 yards per completion) with 18 TDs and 17 interceptions. He added 182 carries for 1089 yards (5.7 yards per carry) and 22TDs

See .. stats are fun! 😉

3 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I'll bite.

Let's compare apples to apples shall we?  Not what an 8 year vet has accomplished compared to a guy who has less than a full season of playing time under his belt.  Through Nichols first 23 games with Edmonton (Streveler has been in 24):

270 / 443 for 3386 with 19 TDs and 18 interceptions. He added  36 carries for 138 yards and 3 touchdowns

Streveler by comparison:

224 / 347 for 2564 yards with 18 TDs and 17 interceptions; not great but he added 182 carries for 1089 yards and 22TDs

See .. stats are fun! 😉

Nice try! we're comparing this season in this offense, you see; NOBODY SHOULD CARE if this is only Strevelers first 24 games. He can't throw! Nichols is the better quarterback and its not close. 

42 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Nice try! we're comparing this season in this offense, you see; NOBODY SHOULD CARE if this is only Strevelers first 24 games. He can't throw! Nichols is the better quarterback and its not close. 

Pretty sure with a blown shoulder, Nichols is not the best QB we have right now. 

Edited by JCon

as mentioned before...a lot of things Streveler is learning/gaining on the fly are things most back-ups/new guys have had 3 or 4 years of more than him..being a QB all through college...Streveler is learning a lot of these things, as well as a totally different game all at once...not making excuses for him, but that is a huge thing, and a lot of the instinctive reactions that a QB has and does without even thinking due to reps...game play and practice he is just getting...and he has been getting better....even an untrained eye can see it.

His overall body of work for a fresh faced rookie new to Canada in his first 2 years (with only 2 years of College experience as a starter) and a lot of it in a neutered offence is pretty impressive...he has generated 40 td's basically...not sure how many were result of coming in for 1 play after Nichols got us to goaline, but even then it's probably not more than 10...and even in some of those instances he was brought in when ball was outside the 5 yeard line, and threw some TD's to end Nichols drives, as well as ran them in.

Show me the TD total for any of the now "elite" QB's in the league in their first 30 games or so and I bet few if any come remotely close. He is gonna have ups and downs for sure...but there are more ups then downs, and what rookie/second year QB hasn't had them..save for Ricky Ray?

Just now, JCon said:

I really, truly, have no idea what you're saying. But we're not getting Nichols back now (or ever, probably), so......... 

What I said:

Nichols is the better quarterback and its not close. 

you inferred that to mean:

Best qb we have right now with a shoulder injury

maybe take some night classes in reading comprehension?

Just now, Nickthesizz said:

What I said:

Pretty much every scouting report out of college suggested Streveler has a good/NFL quality arm but had issues with pocket awareness that are still a work in progress. So either all the scouts are wrong or you’re wrong. Considering arm strength is largely an objective measurement, I’ll go with you being wrong. 

4 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Pretty much every scouting report out of college suggested Streveler has a good/NFL quality arm but had issues with pocket awareness that are still a work in progress. So either all the scouts are wrong or you’re wrong. Considering arm strength is largely an objective measurement, I’ll go with you being wrong. 

Lmao if arm strength is the only valuable skill for a quarterback Michael Bishop got robbed by the NFL.

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

as mentioned before...a lot of things Streveler is learning/gaining on the fly are things most back-ups/new guys have had 3 or 4 years of more than him..being a QB all through college...Streveler is learning a lot of these things, as well as a totally different game all at once...not making excuses for him, but that is a huge thing, and a lot of the instinctive reactions that a QB has and does without even thinking due to reps...game play and practice he is just getting...and he has been getting better....even an untrained eye can see it.

His overall body of work for a fresh faced rookie new to Canada in his first 2 years (with only 2 years of College experience as a starter) and a lot of it in a neutered offence is pretty impressive...he has generated 40 td's basically...not sure how many were result of coming in for 1 play after Nichols got us to goaline, but even then it's probably not more than 10...and even in some of those instances he was brought in when ball was outside the 5 yeard line, and threw some TD's to end Nichols drives, as well as ran them in.

Show me the TD total for any of the now "elite" QB's in the league in their first 30 games or so and I bet few if any come remotely close. He is gonna have ups and downs for sure...but there are more ups then downs, and what rookie/second year QB hasn't had them..save for Ricky Ray?

Even ricky ray was run in tandem with maas for what a year and a half?

1 minute ago, Nickthesizz said:

What I said:

Before he was injured, Nichols was a better QB as evidenced by his statistics. 

However, this does not make Streveler "garbage" or "trash" or whatever. Streveler has far less experience and can grow, as Nichols did, as evidenced by the voodoochylde's post. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Before he was injured, Nichols was a better QB as evidenced by his statistics. 

However, this does not make Streveler "garbage" or "trash" or whatever. Streveler has far less experience and can grow, as Nichols did, as evidenced by the voodoochylde's post. 

That's fantastic, I'm sure he will get better.

Unfortunately we're trying to win the Grey Cup this season after an almost 30 yr drought.

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

Pretty sure with blown shoulder, Nichols is not the best QB we have right now. 

What I'm concerned about is the stubbornness of both our HC & OC & that they won't even try to sign another FA qb come February.  That they won't change the offense & the way plays are called. Things need to change but they won't. 

1 minute ago, Nickthesizz said:

That's fantastic, I'm sure he will get better.

Unfortunately we're trying to win the Grey Cup this season after an almost 30 yr drought.

We're trying to win a GC in 2019. 1991-2018 are completely irrelevant to this discussion. 

I'm not sure what you're arguing. What QB is better suited to lead the Bombers than the one who is starting now? Who knows the playbook better? Who is a proven winner that is or was available? 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Being able to run is fundamental? I'm not even going to try & explain it to you. Let someone else waste 3 minutes of their life. 

You laughed in reaction on the last quote,  Skunk which is why I wouldn't bother trying to explain it to you. Since when is running a THROWING fundamental.?Thanks for stopping by though. Your input is greatly appreciated. You've certainly enriched this conversation, as always. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27