Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

18 hours ago, Booch said:

Strevler can throw..not sure why people are on this cant throw train..but when u have minimal practice reps with deeper balls..and chemistry with your receivers.. u get ups and downs...as the game has slowed for him and he has been less panicky and high strong.. his passing gas improved and he has a pretty good completion percentage last several games..give it time..he is basically gaining experience and instinctive reaction tendancies now as most other guys have gathered throughout 4 years of college and first year or 2 of pro..his only being a true QB and a starter at that for basically 3 years now has him behind the curve a bit..and this is huge..all things considered he is developing pretty good in this bizzare offence..and really should have a winning record as a starter this year if we didnt give 2 of his starts away

He's just really green as a passer.  He's making a lot of mistakes and those things are about learning through pain a little bit.  Has to learn how to put the ball where only your guy can catch it on some of these endzone passes.  I expect he will make fewer mistakes as he gets more in game reps. 

16 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

It's just the Matty lovers tryin to poop on Big Chris as he has stolen the limelight.

Streveler is trash, sorry to break it to ya. Maybe you'll realize just how terrible he is at making reads and placing the football. We've had plays with Harris handing the ball off to him. That's how much they trust him to throw the ball.

2 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Streveler is trash, sorry to break it to ya. Maybe you'll realize just how terrible he is at making reads and placing the football. We've had plays with Harris handing the ball off to him. That's how much they trust him to throw the ball.

Yes that is clear indication. SMH.

Not going to argue whether he is actually good at reading the field and passing the ball (he seems like he's always getting better). But wasn't the play selection fairly similar with Nichols? I seem to recall a lot of running the football. It's not Streveler's fault that he gives us another option running the ball.

45 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Streveler is trash

Is this a garbage post?

I’m with BBlink on this one. I don’t know how you know how Streveler is at reading defences. It’s hard to see it when you can’t tell from TV analysis. 
I think the jury is still out about Streveler’s abilities, so I’m willing to give him more time. And so are the Coaches, as evidenced by the last game, where he got more diversity In the plays called for him.

Reading some of these comments... it's easy to tell why the Bombers never develop a QB... If you're expecting a 2nd year guy with limited pro and college starts to be perfect... well then I'm not sure what to tell you... 

I'd also like to see more from Streveller... but to give up on him already would be a mistake... 

3 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Uh. Streveler is not the only QB in history whose receivers have dropped the ball...

where was it said he was? 

23 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Is this a garbage post?

I’m with BBlink on this one. I don’t know how you know how Streveler is at reading defences. It’s hard to see it when you can’t tell from TV analysis. 
I think the jury is still out about Streveler’s abilities, so I’m willing to give him more time. And so are the Coaches, as evidenced by the last game, where he got more diversity In the plays called for him.

Seeing an awful lot of junk and trolling these days. Really hope we see mods clean up the forum. 

Jury is out and probably will be for another year or more. Hes young and raw. We shouldnt rush him like the leos did with jennings. As long as he is getting better thats what is important. 

31 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Reading some of these comments... it's easy to tell why the Bombers never develop a QB... If you're expecting a 2nd year guy with limited pro and college starts to be perfect... well then I'm not sure what to tell you... 

I'd also like to see more from Streveller... but to give up on him already would be a mistake... 

The issue is the absolute lack of football knowledge of the people proclaiming Streveler is the savior, some sensible people here can see that he's not good enough to win the Grey Cup (they did say that was the goal).

Edited by Nickthesizz

6 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

The issue is the absolute lack of football knowledge of the people proclaiming Streveler is the savior, some sensible people here can see that he's not good enough to win the Grey Cup (they did say that was the goal).

Stop trolling. No one said he was capable of taking us to the Grey Cup. I normally deal with stuff in PM, but I’m sick and tired of it. 

12 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Stop trolling. No one said he was capable of taking us to the Grey Cup. I normally deal with stuff in PM, but I’m sick and tired of it. 

I'm not trolling? The goal has always been for the Bombers to win the grey cup this season has it not? Do you think Streveler can lead the Bombers to the Grey Cup?

Imagine coming on a forum to talk about football and all of you experts can't even have a conversation without deleting my posts.

Streveler is a joke and other teams are laughing at us.

Edited by Nickthesizz

9 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Do you think Streveler can lead the Bombers to the Grey Cup?

why not? He can be a game breaker with his running ability, qbs with less than that have won the grey cup. 

It's all about the rest of the team helping the guy along and the coaching staff putting him in a position where he doesn't have to do it on his own. 

Honestly the biggest impediment to Streveler being able to win a Grey Cup right now is the same as it's been with this team for a long time : Paul Lapolice. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

why not? He can be a game breaker with his running ability, qbs with less than that have won the grey cup. 

It's all about the rest of the team helping the guy along and the coaching staff putting him in a position where he doesn't have to do it on his own. 

Honestly the biggest impediment to Streveler being able to win a Grey Cup right now is the same as it's been with this team for a long time : Paul Lapolice. 

Appreciate somebody finally having the balls to answer me. While I disagree with your take on Strevelers ability, I respect your opinion.

Can Strev win a GC? Sure he can just like any QB can. It's not like they have a choice as to who is playing QB. Our starter is out so Strev gets the ball. They have no other options. If ZC goes in expect the exact same dink and dunk offense with a pile of hand offs. Lapo isnt going to allow ZC to throw the ball.

If Lapo can game plan around what he has they can win. But I fear he cant.

15 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Appreciate somebody finally having the balls to answer me. While I disagree with your take on Strevelers ability, I respect your opinion.

Always find it funny when armchair experts cone on and demand that their opinions be discussed as if their musings are just so darned insightful.  It might not be a lack of "balls" that stops people from talking with you.  Maybe, they just don't care what you think.

59 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

I disagree. Streveler certainly has the ability to help the rest of the team win the Grey Cup. He will need lights out play from the defence, OL, and an inspired gameplan from Lapo to do so but it's certainly not a lost cause.

45 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Can Strev win a GC? Sure he can just like any QB can. It's not like they have a choice as to who is playing QB. Our starter is out so Strev gets the ball. They have no other options. If ZC goes in expect the exact same dink and dunk offense with a pile of hand offs. Lapo isnt going to allow ZC to throw the ball.

If Lapo can game plan around what he has they can win. But I fear he cant.

Exactly. Weve seen mop candidate QBs fold in the GC, and average or worse QBs dominate. The GC is about who gets hot, and wants it more. 

Can he carry us through a season and to a GC game right now? Not likely over the course of a season. But he doesnt have to. Its late in the year, our play off ticket is punched, and we have a team that doesnt need to be carried. We have the best RB of the era healthy and with a large chip on his shoulder. We have arguable the best D in the league, a D that can do it all. We have guys who have won it all, and tremendous leaders on both sides of the ball. 

Weve seen Streveler dominate at times, you cant by any means expect it from him consistently currently. But he is capable of contributing heavily to team wins against any one in the league. Weve had to make due with worse before.