Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

26 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He is the best, but it's closer than you think. 

Had you said passer you'd be more correct. 

Who's even close? Not Strev... Not as an overall QB. The biggest thing is the ability to read D and process everything instantly. I still put Nichols up there with pretty much anyone in the league right now... When he's fully healthy. 

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Who's even close? Not Strev... Not as an overall QB. The biggest thing is the ability to read D and process everything instantly. I still put Nichols up there with pretty much anyone in the league right now... When he's fully healthy. 

Streveler with his running is very comparable to Nichols overall production. You are over looking the single biggest flaw with this offense: Lapo. He has made Nichols look like **** too, remember last fall? That's what we're going through now. 

You have hated Streveler for years!

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Those days are over.  

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Streveler with his running is very comparable to Nichols overall production. You are over looking the single biggest flaw with this offense: Lapo. He has made Nichols look like **** too, remember last fall? That's what we're going through now.

Strev should be even better. But it's not his fault. You have to wonder what Khari might've done coaching up Strev and teaching him the nuances of the CFL game.  Instead, he gets coached by Lapo and Pierce. Mismanagement of the QB position is the recurring key weakness on this team - and not just this season.

8 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Strev should be even better. But it's not his fault. You have to wonder what Khari might've done coaching up Strev and teaching him the nuances of the CFL game.  Instead, he gets coached by Lapo and Pierce. Mismanagement of the QB position is the recurring key weakness on this team - and not just this season.

I believe we're cursed for booing Khari and Glenn off the field. 

It will take a miracle to finally convince some people that Nichols isn't close to a top tier QB in any facet. Streveler has two bad games and suddenly forget the dozens of Nichols' bad to mediocre performances. Not that Streveler is a saviour but Nichols is no better than the 7th best QB in the league at best. Mitchell, Reilly, Masoli, Arbuckle, Evans and even Adams are better. Hell, I think Fajardo is pretty terrible but even he is probably better. 

Nichols couldn't run to save his life....BUT could stretch the field....Streveler is the best running qb. in the league but his passing game is lacking....So we have two qb's. with every good attributes..Too bad we couldn't roll both into one....As the weather progressively worsens I think the running qb. has the advantage...especially when the 'rock' actually turns into one and receivers hands go frigid....But we need Streve to put together a respectable passing game to be successful as well  but stay heavy with the run....Plays designed more toward the run will be more successful ..It'll be an interesting test today

25 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

It will take a miracle to finally convince some people that Nichols isn't close to a top tier QB in any facet. Streveler has two bad games and suddenly forget the dozens of Nichols' bad to mediocre performances. Not that Streveler is a saviour but Nichols is no better than the 7th best QB in the league at best. Mitchell, Reilly, Masoli, Arbuckle, Evans and even Adams are better. Hell, I think Fajardo is pretty terrible but even he is probably better. 

The compounding factor is that Matt Nichols isn't getting any younger and has had injuries in the past three season. This year we completely lost his services, last year he lost his mobility when he came back and the year before he was cobbled together and actually played pretty good in the playoffs with the injuries he had.  However, he's gotten older the injuries have started to hamper his play more and more. With some potential other options out there this offseason we need to explore a trade for early negotiating right to Arbuckle or Masoli and if not Masoli than i think Evans will be traded as he demands starters pay and Masoli will demand IMO Bo level bucks this offseason.  We need to be aggressive this offseason and not take the old mindset we've always taken that is we are simply satisfied to have mediocre level quarterbacking. The timing has never been better to be a bit more cut throat. 

In the meantime.  We need to kind of rush Collaras a long. He's not going to learn enough just by being in the filmroom and taking second string reps. He should have a small package of plays for the first Calgary game and then give him full starter's reps in the second Calgary game.  The plan can be to go back to Streveler in the playoffs but at least that make Collaras and potential option in the playoffs to come off the bench or have some sort of two qb system.  It also gives Streveler two weeks to rest so that when he plays in the playoffs he can be healthy and they can unleash him as a major part of the running attack. I feel like he was injured in the Montreal game and hasn't looked as fast since. Either that or they haven't designed as many creative run plays for him since learning that Nichols was out for the season.

47 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

But that’s lapo’s fault right? Oh sorry that’s only when strev plays bad. 

4 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

But that’s lapo’s fault right? Oh sorry that’s only when strev plays bad. 

Again, both statements can be true. Lapo is bad, Nichols is bad. Streveler still may or may not be bad. I liked Nichols when he first came here and didn’t judge him harshly until a reasonable sample existed. 

Streveler could and can stretch the field and also mix in very productive mid range stuff if we had game plans implemented for that..people say he cant because he misses on his rare opportunity more often then not...but when he gets no reps doing that..and receivers get no reps running it..and each other learning tendancies and chemistry is non existant due to lack of reps doing it..well that's what u get..more failure than success...and there in lies the problem...scheme

On 2019-10-12 at 11:15 AM, AKAChip said:

I can't tell if you're serious or not? Streveler has the worst arm in the league AINEC.

On 2019-10-12 at 10:15 AM, AKAChip said:

Image result for seinfeld really gif