Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

4 minutes ago, Brock Streveler said:

I recall you saying the Riders would be lucky to win 3 games this season.  Why do you think anything you say can be taken seriously?

he's not wrong though, the Riders are the luckiest team we have seen in ages. 

10 wins, but they are a complete smoke and mirrors show. you can pretend otherwise but I suspect you will see a similar playoff result as last season. Out with barely a whimper. 

Just before the deadline.O'Shea, when asked if he had anything going, I believe his reply was, 'we've got nothing in the works'...Obviously that was bull$hit...but Mike appears to me, to be at times, trying to 'yank the chains of the media...He wants things to be 'vague' in his responses...especially to do with injuries AND on that score I don't blame him

13 minutes ago, Brock Streveler said:

I recall you saying the Riders would be lucky to win 3 games this season.  Why do you think anything you say can be taken seriously?

I did say that...as did others...and they got more than lucky obviously...they are 10-4 I will give them that...but not a powerhouse 10-4 by any means...and will bow out quickly in play-offs...

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Going all in on Cody Fajardo (LOL!!) and managing this many wins is nothing short of a fluke or miracle. 

Riders had few options once Collaros went down. I think what happened was that the Rider coaching staff was smart enough to take best advantage of Fajardo's limited skillset in their game planning. It also didn't hurt them that just about every other team in the CFL (with possible exception of the TiCats) ran into all kinds of problems. 

I guess this confirms one of two things, either the Bombers don't believe McGuire is a capable back up or the Bombers don't feel they can develop a QB period. They have had 2 years with Streveler and a year with McGuire so guess they don't make the grade. It either say the above or their scouting of QBs is poor. Oh well we will see what happens. Doubt he will be around come next year.

6 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

I guess this confirms one of two things, either the Bombers don't believe McGuire is a capable back up or the Bombers don't feel they can develop a QB period. They have had 2 years with Streveler and a year with McGuire so guess they don't make the grade. It either say the above or their scouting of QBs is poor. Oh well we will see what happens. Doubt he will be around come next year.

It confirms neither of those. McGuire hasn't even been tested. And, I think the Bombers would say they're developing both of those. 

It says we need a third QB going into the playoffs.

29 minutes ago, JCon said:

We heard how great the Riders were last year from their fan base. They were pretty damn quiet and sad last year leaving Mosaic, I can tell you. 

In the playoffs last year the Riders had a similar starting QB that the Bombers have today.   Without a quality QB no team is going to go anywhere.

28 minutes ago, Brock Streveler said:

Nope not at all.    I just like to call out people who think they know it all when obviously the opposite is the truth.  His post in gameday thread a few days ago is a beauty lol

Hey help me call out the chickenshits who run the riderfans forum...... they have blocked me for nothing and continue to hide from any messages I send their way...... I just figured since you like calling  out people....

1 hour ago, Brock Streveler said:

Nope not at all.    I just like to call out people who think they know it all when obviously the opposite is the truth.  His post in gameday thread a few days ago is a beauty lol

This guy, amiright? 

Bet he's the highlight at the Thanksgiving table, telling aunt/sister Becky how she put too much nutmeg in the yams, and there's too much salt in the gravy, but all he showed up with is a litre of Mountain Dew Code Red for himself so he can be constantly alert for Booch posts.

Interrupts Uncle Grandpa talking about his time during the Gopher wars to yell at the 3-armed shuffling hairy thing he's been told to call Sister (soon to be wife) the correct pronunciation of acai and floutist just because it's sure to make him look smart.

Imagine how sad this sock puppet of a human being must be to go to this trouble. 

Best advice, my sense little sasky moron, think about why you are who you are, then change literally every. single. painfully. stupid. thing.

I do agree they need some security however let me ask the question should Streveler go down who comes in to replace him.....McGuire or Collaras. If it is the later then I would suggest they have no faith in their development program or that he isn’t experience enough and that goes back to their development program as well. Not sure but were there other teams looking for another QB when their #1 went down and they had to play #2? Forgive me but I can’t recall any

8 hours ago, Brock Streveler said:

Image result for i don't believe you gif

Or just admit you're a trash ass troll with no life. Be honest with yourself. Better yet: go away.

9 hours ago, Stickem said:

Just before the deadline.O'Shea, when asked if he had anything going, I believe his reply was, 'we've got nothing in the works'...Obviously that was bull$hit...but Mike appears to me, to be at times, trying to 'yank the chains of the media...He wants things to be 'vague' in his responses...especially to do with injuries AND on that score I don't blame him

No it wasn't. As was said before, at the time he said that things were dead in the water with Toronto. This is Bob Irving's response to someone claiming the same thing.

Edited by Jacquie

8 hours ago, Jacquie said:

No it wasn't. As was said before, at the time he said that things were dead in the water with Toronto. This is Bob Irving's response to someone claiming the same thing.

See, that's just it; they were TRYING to bring in a veteran - but making it sound like they weren't. Unless Pinball has a magic wand that suddenly made a trade appear after he was hired (hmmmm I think I'll call Winnipeg now).