Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

14 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Neat spin by Argos .."we can re sign Collaros"...begging people to notice "see, new regime is making smart moves already" whilst ignoring the very real possibility Collaros will flop spectacularly or sadly and not a single Argo fan would care if he was brought back.

Or you know. Not see the field at all and theyll have given up 2 draft picks for no real reason at all.

A controversial move to say the least BUT we had to do something....Streveler has a lot to learn ...his passing game was ...let's say 'sporadic'....Collaros can stretch the field and is fairly accurate BUT we'll have to bubble wrap him so he can continue his career...Any miscues like the missed block in the last game and that hellacious hit Streve took will/would put and end to Zach's career..definitely...So we are walking on eggshells...Collaros knows it....we know it...and the opposition knows it....we have to play those monsters on the opposition's D upfront ...flawlessly...Can we do it...???I think we have the horses but you can't expect Collaros to be upright a 100 percent of the time....Big chance we're taking but did we have a choice...I think we had to go this route or face an early exit...Maybe Zack will find his game and fool everyone who thought he was done....He sure as hell has had enough time to get healthy (if you ever can from a concussion) BUT the writing was on the wall for us postseason and it's definitely been on the wall for quite awhile for Collaros....Hope this all plays out well for all concerned......

13 hours ago, JCon said:

You’re going to rely on Collaros? Good luck with that. 

Im going to take my punchers chance with him.. Keep in mind. Sometimes these type of guys stay healthy long enough to give their team a chance.  Remember when Buck Pierce stayed healthy long enough to get us to the Grey Cup and played in the game as well?  The odds on McGwire winning the grey cup for us in his first year in the CFL is much lower than Zach.

2 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Im going to take my punchers chance with him.. Keep in mind. Sometimes these type of guys stay healthy long enough to give their team a chance.  Remember when Buck Pierce stayed healthy long enough to get us to the Grey Cup and played in the game as well?  The odds on McGwire winning the grey cup for us in his first year in the CFL is much lower than Zach.

But this assumes Collaros was the only option, which I reject. If you're bringing in insurance, shouldn't that insurance be able to survive more than a play or two? We're going to be onto McGuire in the end. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

But this assumes Collaros was the only option, which I reject. If you're bringing in insurance, shouldn't that insurance be able to survive more than a play or two? We're going to be onto McGuire in the end. 

I know that James Franklin was available lol.  But he's inept.  Who else would you think was available.  I don't think personally that i would have been worth a 1st round pick to get MBT for example but then you lose an asset that would be the key part of a potential trade for Masoli in the offseason. You don't give up a 1st just to give yourself a puncher's chance. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I know that James Franklin was available lol.  But he's inept.  Who else would you think was available.  I don't think personally that i would have been worth a 1st round pick to get MBT for example but then you lose an asset that would be the key part of a potential trade for Masoli in the offseason. You don't give up a 1st just to give yourself a puncher's chance. 

Masoli's a pending ufa.

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

We didn't give up two draft picks. We're moving down approx. 14 spots in the middle of the draft.

I know. Argos gave up two draft picks. The first to get him and the second to us...they did get one back obviously....

Edited by Bigblue204

4 hours ago, Booch said:

this has nothing to due with lack of confidence in Streveler and McGuire...it's about depth and experience...if needed and if Streveler struggles continually..nothing more..nothing less

What team would have confidence in their 3rd string guy leading them in the play-offs with next to no experience???..none...you all forget the 2007 Grey Cup with Dinwiddie??

That being said, nothing lost really in this move and Collaros if healthy (which apparently he is ..at moment) could do well in Lapo's conservative offence, and he would recognize and see the things that Streveler is still learning and getting used to, which could...well should benefit the offense....But Lapo needs to have his guys in the right spots and taught up properly as to what to do on certain looks...which to my eye seems like he hasn't done.

Stop all the pointless crap over and over to the outside...the flats and the dumb short sideline crap...when the defence has cleared out and basically has taken away the edge our guys should be getting the quick hitter slats..crossers...splitter routes and with some of the guys we have on offence they would be having a field day....but nope...we stick to the script that all teams are sitting on now.

As long as we don't expect and plan for Colaros to sit in the pocket and get gang rushed he may be productive for a few games to get us where we need to go....we are in the playoffs regardless...it's a matter of where we will be playing and as bizzare as it is to say this I feel a lot better moving forward for the rest of the year with Marshmellow head on our roster, than where we were up to yesterday

Given your gross failures in predictions over the past season maybe you should sit this one out.

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

What is this, year 6 now for this crew? Why anyone actually believes anything they say in the media is a mystery. 

Difficult to understand how "were not interested..." is the better answer to media digging than a vague and un specific "were always interested in opportunities to make the team better".

It was a weird week for Bomber football ops

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Again...year 6 man. Nothing new.

I viewed O'Shea's comments about not making any moves at the deadline as similar to Murphy's comments about how much interest there was in his players. Murphy is like the used car salesmen who is overhyping what he's selling and O'Shea is the guy proving beyond any doubt that he's willing to walk away from the deal if the price doesn't come down. 

44 minutes ago, Brock Streveler said:

Given your gross failures in predictions over the past season maybe you should sit this one out.

maybe u can eff off too....but we cant be so lucky...like your riders have been....flawed team as much as any other in league...and truth be told lucky to have beat us and any thought otherwise shows your intelligence

57 minutes ago, Booch said:

maybe u can eff off too....but we cant be so lucky...like your riders have been....flawed team as much as any other in league...and truth be told lucky to have beat us and any thought otherwise shows your intelligence

I recall you saying the Riders would be lucky to win 3 games this season.  Why do you think anything you say can be taken seriously?