Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

Walters says they reached out to 4 QBs who are out of the game....2 are Glenn and Willy. Not sure who the others are. Gotta think one was Frito Ray.....now THAT woulda been an interesting pick up, but I think the guy is just mentally done and probably hasn't done a lick of physically conditioning since he left the game (all "like he ever did!!" jokes aside...) but not sure who the other woulda been...

10 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

If Collaros gets a chance he may just surprise you. You are better at QB today than you were yesterday. 

More experienced for sure. We can't throttle Strev back on his running because, as we saw the last couple weeks, he is no good unless he can take off. We couldn't let him run wild without insurance either. This a move born out of necessity.

12 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

214 yards passing a game, 9 td passes, 13 interceptions last year in 14 games. 196 yards passing a game, 8 td passes, 7 interceptions in 9 games in 2017. Putting aside the serious injury issues, the game has been terrible the past two years.

His win loss record in Saskatchewan was quite impressive. He will never win a game by himself, but he proved he could do just enough to win last year behind a strong defence. If Streveler goes down, ZC provides us a chip and a chair. That's what we traded for. We were never going to get a bonafide starter in October but we got a guy who had a great win/loss record last year, has experience, and might just be able to do enough to ride a hot defence in the playoffs.

this has nothing to due with lack of confidence in Streveler and McGuire...it's about depth and experience...if needed and if Streveler struggles continually..nothing more..nothing less

What team would have confidence in their 3rd string guy leading them in the play-offs with next to no experience???..none...you all forget the 2007 Grey Cup with Dinwiddie??

That being said, nothing lost really in this move and Collaros if healthy (which apparently he is ..at moment) could do well in Lapo's conservative offence, and he would recognize and see the things that Streveler is still learning and getting used to, which could...well should benefit the offense....But Lapo needs to have his guys in the right spots and taught up properly as to what to do on certain looks...which to my eye seems like he hasn't done.

Stop all the pointless crap over and over to the outside...the flats and the dumb short sideline crap...when the defence has cleared out and basically has taken away the edge our guys should be getting the quick hitter slats..crossers...splitter routes and with some of the guys we have on offence they would be having a field day....but nope...we stick to the script that all teams are sitting on now.

As long as we don't expect and plan for Colaros to sit in the pocket and get gang rushed he may be productive for a few games to get us where we need to go....we are in the playoffs regardless...it's a matter of where we will be playing and as bizzare as it is to say this I feel a lot better moving forward for the rest of the year with Marshmellow head on our roster, than where we were up to yesterday

16 hours ago, White Out said:

This is a gamble I can get behind. We had to. Nichols is not coming back, and Streveler is not a CFL Qb. You cant just throw away a whole season when you can gamble on ZC. Tape him up, give him extra padding in his helmet ,and pray to christ he can do something on offence. People jumping in with their negativity need to pipe down.

Pretty hilarious commentary coming from the guy who created a thread to **** on this entire team the other night and say the HC is done.

This is a desperation move but the team had to do something. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll translate to more wins.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Pretty hilarious commentary coming from the guy who created a thread to **** on this entire team the other night and say the HC is done.

This is a desperation move but the team had to do something. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll translate to more wins.

Some people just want to see desperate panicky moves.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Walters says they reached out to 4 QBs who are out of the game....2 are Glenn and Willy. Not sure who the others are. Gotta think one was Frito Ray.....now THAT woulda been an interesting pick up, but I think the guy is just mentally done and probably hasn't done a lick of physically conditioning since he left the game (all "like he ever did!!" jokes aside...) but not sure who the other woulda been...

On Twitter, I've seen Bridge & Lulay thrown out there as possibilities.  Durant would be the only other guy I could think of.

46 minutes ago, Booch said:

this has nothing to due with lack of confidence in Streveler and McGuire...it's about depth and experience...if needed and if Streveler struggles continually..nothing more..nothing less

Exactly. And, this is what you do as a GM when your starting QB goes down for the year and you're a playoff team. You have to. We were literally two hits away from having to play Trevor Knight or Darvin Adams at QB. You're basically negligent as a GM if you don't do something. I too feel more comfortable about our situation today than yesterday. Not delusional like this takes us to the next level, just comfy knowing I will not have to watch Trevor Knight potentially play at McMahon Stadium in November. 

Edited by M.Silverback