Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

1 minute ago, Captain Blue said:

Don't really see the point. There are a lot of issues with this team and specifically the offense that won't be changed even if they switch Collaros in for Streveler.  

If we are going to lose - and that does appear somewhat likely - I would have rather watched Streveler and/or McGuire, if only to look at your 2020 options with those guys. 

Doesn't indicate much confidence in McGuire, does it?

This makes management look like a joke.  I am in agreement with firing them all now.   Canadian Mafia my azz.  Holy trinity..... holy krap.   I wonder if Streveler and McGuire are seeking any advice on what to do next with their careers.......MOS probably didn't even care because pinball all ready contacted him.... MOS an Streveler to Toronto next year and a grey cup appearance...

bombers now the proverbial leafs of the cfl..... 

Edited by NorthernSkunk

3 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

This makes management look like a joke.  I am in agreement with firing them all now.   Canadian Mafia my azz.  Holy trinity..... holy krap.   I wonder if Streveler and McGuire are seeking any advice on what to do next with their careers.......MOS probably didn't even care because pinball all ready contacted him.... MOS an Streveler to Toronto next year and a grey cup appearance...

Overreact much? Seriously you might not want to operate heavy equipment today. 

No risk move.

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Doesn't indicate much confidence in McGuire, does it?

I wouldn’t say that exactly.

It’s just if you have a chance to acquire a veteran backup, for a pretty reasonable price, do you not look into it? What if it turns out we do need him? It’s a flip of picks. Doubtful that it goes beyond that. Veteran presence. All the rest of it may never come in play..

1 minute ago, B-F-F-C said:

Overreact much? Seriously you might not want to operate heavy equipment today. 

No risk move.

No risk ? Lol...... well at least not until he has to play...... Collaros is done .....done more than Nichols is.  And it's embarrassing that is the best management can come up with. 

8 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Strev and MOS are guaranteed a GC appearance? In what world? 

If Strev is in Toronto (and I like Strev) I hope it’s because Masoli or Arbuckle is here.

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

No risk ? Lol...... well at least not until he has to play...... Collaros is done .....done more than Nichols is.  And it's embarrassing that is the best management can come up with. 

They reach out to 4 vet QBs per Walters... before Collaros. 

Regardless of who they got, somebody will not be happy. Can't please everyone. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Ya. There are so many legit #1 QBs with CFL pedigree sitting at home in October. I mean could have got Umm ya.. Umm Max Hall or Brian Brohm or Ya.. U know what... Reality.. Collaros is the best you can do right now. 

This isn't a shot at McGuire. Guy has never taken a meaningful snap and Streveler is 1 hit away from being done. And if you haven't been paying attention, in Strevelers last 3 games, hes taken huge hits while sitting in the pocket. This is decent insurance. If Streveler goes down against the Stamps, there no qbs available....period. 

I dont love this pick up but dont hate it either. Didnt really give anything up. But would have preferred MBT.

If Collaros is announced as a starter in any of the remaining games, something is very wrong.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ya. There are so many legit #1 QBs with CFL pedigree sitting at home in October. I mean could have got Umm ya.. Umm Max Hall or Brian Brohm or Ya.. U know what... Reality.. Collaros is the best you can do right now. 

Kevin glenn and ricky ray but yeah. Not to mention pop offered franklin, who a lot would have preferred talent wise. Im guessing the reason why they wanted collaros was his expiring deal. Didnt want to be tied down to franklins money. I dont know what they could have planned in the off season for Qbing that requires the money to be available, but I hope its good. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Kevin glenn and ricky ray but yeah. Not to mention pop offered franklin, who a lot would have preferred talent wise. Im guessing the reason why they wanted collaros was his expiring deal. Didnt want to be tied down to franklins money. I dont know what they could have planned in the off season for Qbing that requires the money to be available, but I hope its good. 

Glenn and Ray moved on already.

Franklin. Really? Have you seen him play lately?

MBT, Franklin and Collaros were all pending FAs. Toronto actually offered Franklin but the Bombers wants Collaros.
I guess Toronto not offered MBT. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

What's the over/under of Collaros lasting a full game? 6 plays? 7? More or less?

Yup... I hate this trade, not for what we gave up, but for what we got in return. I'd rather have Franklin, Jennings, even Bridge as the backup to Streveler and yes I know none of them are any good, but they can all last a game or two if needed.

I now know how the winds are blowing, and just got my biggest lead indicator.  I now "love" this trade.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Clarification on the trade, from Walters....

If they re-sign Collaros, it's an ADDITIONAL 1st on top of the 3rd... 

Ai Yi yi... 

Well they could have thrown in Willie J too... because threres no way we’re resigning collaros - everyone should be fired before that happens

50 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I agree. But Walters and MOS are special teams guys. They don't have a hot clue how to manage the most important position on the team. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

People around here never change. 

Seems like the expectations were that we acquire a QB that doesn’t exist.

We got the best QB we possibly could have at a very tolerable price. Literally no harm done by doing this at all. 

Still doesn't mean a fan can't like it who was in the camp of stay with what we have based on what was available. Nothing against ZC, I understand the for insurance mentality, I hope he does well here and not take another serious  concussion wearing our uniform but I'm not convinced more 'veteran leadership' is needed on this team. We have MN and BP on the sidelines to help with that aspect at the QB position. If CS continues to falter I'd rather give SM a look and some important CFL playing experience. Hey if ZC comes in here and lights it up or even plays adequate, great I'll cheer him along because he's wearing the right color but a big meh to this deal. 

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

They reach out to 4 vet QBs per Walters... before Collaros. 

Regardless of who they got, somebody will not be happy. Can't please everyone. 

Yup agree can't please everbody but standing pat with what we have has its advantages (and disadvantages obviously) as well.