Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

What's the over/under of Collaros lasting a full game? 6 plays? 7? More or less?

Yup... I hate this trade, not for what we gave up, but for what we got in return. I'd rather have Franklin, Jennings, even Bridge as the backup to Streveler and yes I know none of them are any good, but they can all last a game or two if needed.

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

What's the over/under of Collaros lasting a full game? 6 plays? 7? More or less?

Yup... I hate this trade, not for what we gave up, but for what we got in return. I'd rather have Franklin, Jennings, even Bridge as the backup to Streveler and yes I know none of them are any good, but they can all last a game or two if needed.

All we need to do is win our playoff games and Collaros is better then any of those quarterbacks you mentioned. 

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

People around here never change. 

Seems like the expectations were that we acquire a QB that doesn’t exist.

We got the best QB we possibly could have at a very tolerable price. Literally no harm done by doing this at all. 

You're joking right?  Collaros has no reps this year and is one concussion away from retirement walking into an O where opposing D's constantly send heat

He won't make it to the playoffs - All he will do now is be a distraction to Streveler's development - Lapo and Walters hit the panic button

9 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

All we need to do is win our playoff games and Collaros is better then any of those quarterbacks you mentioned. 

Collaros isn't any better this year than those guys and we'll start Streveler in the playoffs anyway, unless he's hurt.

Edited by TBURGESS

Wonder what the price for MBT was.  The Argos can't want him going forward.  MBT has been better than Collaros recently and has at least played this season.  I don't see what Collaros can offer having been out for about 5 months and struggling all of last season when he did play, sure his W-L was good but Sask was scoring by special teams and turnovers at CFL record pace.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Oh, well, we didn't gain much but didn't lose much. I see this as a token move to calm the masses but from Collaros' point of view, if he takes the field, he ought to have one of the best O-lines in the league to protect his melon. 

But one of the worst coordinators for protecting a qb. Last year the Riders never kept Collaros in the pocket simply because they knew he'd die back there. Lapo though loves to leave his qbs sitting in the pocket for blitzes to tee off on

Don't really see the point. There are a lot of issues with this team and specifically the offense that won't be changed even if they switch Collaros in for Streveler.  

If we are going to lose - and that does appear somewhat likely - I would have rather watched Streveler and/or McGuire, if only to look at your 2020 options with those guys. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

But one of the worst coordinators for protecting a qb. Last year the Riders never kept Collaros in the pocket simply because they knew he'd die back there. Lapo though loves to leave his qbs sitting in the pocket for blitzes to tee off on

Agreed. I have no faith that LaPolice will adapt a game plan to compensate for a brittle QB.