Osh is a Legend

Floyd

I used to scoff at people who would post that O’Shea is too much of a player’s coach. But now I wonder. You can’t be a jerk nobody wants to play for, and you shouldn’t throw players under the bus. But, you do have to be able to make personnel decisions even when it may hurt some feelings. He sticks with some players too long, doesn’t play some who perform better than starters (Petermann), and then leaves in an injured Streveler in basically a lost cause because he wanted to go out and compete? How about, sorry Chris you’re done for tonight. For your sake and the team. Thank you, but you’re done. It’s like he doesn’t want to have difficult conversations. That’s your job!

13 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Here's the link, you can decide for yourself. Looks to me like he sees the writing on the wall https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/10/19/coach-oshea-post-game-54/

If you want an insight into O'Shea's mindset, turn off the audio and watch O'Shea's facial expressions, head movement and eyes. Little eye contact, a lot of head shaking, and in most of his replies, he looks down and to his right- a combination that indicates that he feels overwhelmed and ashamed. His confidence must be near zero.

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If you want an insight into O'Shea's mindset, turn off the audio and watch O'Shea's facial expressions, head movement and eyes. Little eye contact, a lot of head shaking, and in most of his replies, he looks down and to his right- a combination that indicates that he feels overwhelmed and ashamed. His confidence must be near zero.

Makes sense. He's been a failure as a coach so far. 

Edited by White Out

40 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I know he takes a lot of flak, but man, how on Earth do you throw that challenge flag? That was textbook definition of helmet-to-helmet, will continue to get called every single time. I understand they had nothing to lose...

EXCEPT A TIMEOUT, YOU IDIOTS.

Prob cuz blm ducked. Its a chincy call. If it was a headshot why wasnt blm in concussion protocol.

So its a headshot.. Ok.. Bo should go to the lockerroom then

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Reading these threads after losses, we dont deserve a winner. 

well in that case we are definitely getting what we deserve! Cause we are not a "winner" by any stretch. And if average or mediocre meets your expectation that good for you. As long as MOS is around you will be a happy camper cause that is what you will get with him running the show. 

30 minutes ago, BBRT said:

well in that case we are definitely getting what we deserve! Cause we are not a "winner" by any stretch. And if average or mediocre meets your expectation that good for you. As long as MOS is around you will be a happy camper cause that is what you will get with him running the show. 

Ill take winning records in the regular season. But unlike some of u i have faith the team can win a few more games this season and win the big game. I mean if u don't have faith or some hope, why be a fan right. 

IDGAF who the coach is.. I really dont.. If its MOS thats fine with me, if someone else, ok that's cool 2. I dont really think moving on from a guy who players love playing for is a great idea tho. 

I was under the impression u move on from the coach when he loses the room, osh hasn't

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ill take winning records in the regular season. But unlike some of u i have faith the team can win a few more games this season and win the big game. I mean if u don't have faith or some hope, why be a fan right. 

IDGAF who the coach is.. I really dont.. If its MOS thats fine with me, if someone else, ok that's cool 2. I dont really think moving on from a guy who players love playing for is a great idea tho. 

I was under the impression u move on from the coach when he loses the room, osh hasn't

Coaches are paid to win championships & O'Shea hasn't come close. Regular season wins are nice but it's more than that. A culture of winning is needed as well. Winning is expected because they actually do it. No pretenders. At some point, a lack of post season wins is going to cost O'Shea his job here. Unless he leaves first.

3 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I know he takes a lot of flak, but man, how on Earth do you throw that challenge flag? That was textbook definition of helmet-to-helmet, will continue to get called every single time. I understand they had nothing to lose...

Would have lost the timeout 30 seconds later at the 3 minute warning anyway.  So actually really low risk.  

3 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Would have lost the timeout 30 seconds later at the 3 minute warning anyway.  So actually really low risk.  

Some NFL writer tweeted the stats for coach’s challenges and coaches win somewhere around 10% of challenges. I can’t remember who but I’ll post if I find it. So basically from an analytics perspective it’s a waste of time 

1 minute ago, M.Silverback said:

Some NFL writer tweeted the stats for coach’s challenges and coaches win somewhere around 10% of challenges. I can’t remember who but I’ll post if I find it. So basically from an analytics perspective it’s a waste of time 

Maybe they were talking PI challenges, the regular ones are slightly below half.

7 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

Gotcha. I for one did not question Nichols toughness. He’s had a lot of injuries, and that happens. And surgery to throwing shoulder would worry me as GM. But he’s tough, no question.

People should watch some NFL films mic’ed up footage of Matt Stafford or Andrew Luck. Tough position to play, and tough dudes. They get killed out there

And some are tougher than others..... they are not all the same toughness equally

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

Prob cuz blm ducked. Its a chincy call. If it was a headshot why wasnt blm in concussion protocol.

So its a headshot.. Ok.. Bo should go to the lockerroom then

Not sure you understand the protocol. Did BLM have difficulty getting back to his feet, was he wobbly, disoriented? There is a spotter trained to scout out and watch for signs and symptoms. This person is an unbiased professional and not a fan who has an agenda or a vested interest in the outcome. 

27 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Not sure you understand the protocol. Did BLM have difficulty getting back to his feet, was he wobbly, disoriented? There is a spotter trained to scout out and watch for signs and symptoms. This person is an unbiased professional and not a fan who has an agenda or a vested interest in the outcome. 

It changes game to game so not sure how you could say this

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It changes game to game so not sure how you could say this

You've got a point. Streveler has been drilled many times with head shots and rarely gets them called. I've seen several occasions where he has gotten up from a head shot, absolutely furious about being drilled in the head. No call. It's one of the most disgusting things our officials do and I really don't understand it. TSN never mentions it but Bob and Doug sure do. But if it's BLM, out comes the flag.

3 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Changes according to who? Your interpretation? What qualifications do you have ?

Watch a game. QBs take head shots every game. Some are called.. Some are missed. Its every damn game. What are your qualifications? Just cuz u call yourself Dr CFL dont make you qualified. Do u watch other games? Certain QBs like certain superstar players in hockey get special treatment. BLM is 1 that gets the special treatment. Certain QBs like Streveler do not. Its a fact.

FFS did Nichols not get hurt earlier in the year on a slide where he took a non called head shot? 

Edited by Goalie

20 hours ago, Goalie said:

Watch a game. QBs take head shots every game. Some are called.. Some are missed. Its every damn game. What are your qualifications? Just cuz u call yourself Dr CFL dont make you qualified. Do u watch other games? Certain QBs like certain superstar players in hockey get special treatment. BLM is 1 that gets the special treatment. Certain QBs like Streveler do not. Its a fact.

FFS did Nichols not get hurt earlier in the year on a slide where he took a non called head shot? 

35 years in professional sports. Just to be clear is your head shot complained about officiating or the spotter responsible for concussion protocol initiation? They are two different things. My comments were solely related to the concussion issue. As for your case on officiating.....a difficult job and as far as fans are concerned you will be correct 50% of the time.

• 1 month later...