Osh is a Legend

Floyd

18 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Summary of what he said?

"Why do you think you weren't able to execute as well on offense in the second half?"

"I don't know. I'd have to honestly.. I'd have to look at it a little more closesly, but I don't even know the stats to tell you the truth or what the yardage was."

"When the other coach is going for 2 all the time does it tempt you follow his lead there?"

"No, we have our formula. We know part of the reason teams go for 2 early is to get you to chase points early, so I don't really fall into that trap."

"Everyone's giving Streveler a lot of credit for being a warrior, y'know going in there limping all the time. Did you see him limping to the huddle before going down with the trainers? Were you monitoring his health throughout the game?"

"I don't think it was throughout the game. I think it was through the span of a couple plays prior to that, y'know you trust your players. If he says he can go, he can go."

"The fact that he willed himself to go when he was in noticeable pain, what does it say about him the player, the leader that he is as a quarterback."

"This time of year all these guys are nicked up, but y'know obviously Strev got a little nicked up that game. and I think when guys do that they're putting it on the line for their teammates. They want to be out there for them, they love working for their teammates. The want to give everything they've got."

Then he's asked about why he put McGuire in over Collaros and he basically said he looks good in practice. He said he looks "right" in practice, and McGuire knew the hurry up offense better than Collaros at this point.

3 minutes ago, White Out said:

As much as I want him gone, I don't get that Vibe. It's just more of the same old bulshit from him. Aw jeez shucks crap. 

Yeah, it was his very normal "I'd have to look at the video" response to everything that happened during the game.

Edited by None

According to Ted Wyman form the Sun. Most of the beat writers said Streveler was really limping. It’s borderline negligence by O’Shea. 

Here's #Bombers coach Mike O'Shea on decision to send a clearly banged-up quarterback Chris Streveler back into the game for a couple of offensive series at the end of 37-33 loss to Stampeders on Saturday. #CFL

View image on Twitter
Edited by M.Silverback

6 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:
According to Ted Wyman form the Sun. Most of the beat writers said Streveler was really limping. It borderline negligence by O’Shea

Did they say he did the same thing with Drew Willy? 

BTW, I wonder if we're going to find out that Streveler also has a fractured arm. 

1 hour ago, M.Silverback said:

According to Ted Wyman form the Sun. Most of the beat writers said Streveler was really limping. It’s borderline negligence by O’Shea. 

I can tell you from sitting on the Bombers side of the field watching the goings on after he got hurt, there was no force on earth that was going to keep him off the field. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I can tell you from sitting on the Bombers side of the field watching the goings on after he got hurt, there was no force on earth that was going to keep him off the field. 

Well except the head coach because a team player doesn’t question his HC

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Interesting. Thanks for the first hand account. Streveler obviously is a great competitor who would keep playing through anything. But a coach has to think of the overall welfare of the team and the player. Streveler could have been hurt further. Plus, is a significantly injured Streveler better than a healthy McGuire?

O'Shea never ever knew the meaning of 'when to hold em and when to fold em'...He has a poor in depth grasp of what is going on and field presence....Seems to just go with the flow and an 'oh well' attitude...Certainly isn't the hallmark of a winner....and that's where we stand and will continue to do so as long as he is the head coach....The writing is definitely on the wall........hello rebuild and another 5 yrs; in the wilderness 

Hell at one point it looked like they did say he was done, Streveler had a moment with McGuire where it seemed he was giving him the pep talk about finishing the game. He was trying to plant his foot to throw and was having issues with that, but it did improve and he was able to make it work and went back in. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The guy was sprinting up and down the sidelines, yeah he was in pain but he was willing to play through it, if they felt he was going to do more damage they'd never let him do that, so if a guy is hell bent on going in that's his choice. 

I believe you. You were there. But when it happened he basically couldn’t put weight on his leg. That’s not a shake it off thing. It’s not like it was half time in the Grey Cup. There were a few minutes left in a game we were likely losing. Let McGuire finish, tell Streveler thank you, and let’s get you healthy for next week 

I thought that one of the things you admired about Streveler and made him so much better than Nichols was that he was "tough" and a warrior.  Now you're bitching about O'Shea because he left in his QB.  Plus I can't see any scenario where Mike O'Shea would put in a player if the player or training staff said he was too injured to play.  You guys know it but aren't willing to admit it. 

You guys love to spin things to fit you're personal biases or agendas. 

Edited by B-F-F-C

24 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I thought that one of the things you admired about Streveler and made him so much better than Nichols was that he was "tough" and a warrior.  Now you're bitching about O'Shea because he left in his QB.  Plus I can't see any scenario where Mike O'Shea would put in a player if the player or training staff said he was too injured to play.  You guys know it but aren't willing to admit it. 

You guys love to spin things to fit you're personal biases or agendas. 

I don’t know if “you” is me or the collective. I don’t recall many posters saying to play Streveler because he’s “tougher” than Nichols. People said play him because he’s a much better athlete and can make things happen running. That’s where he’s better than Nichols. Both are tough. QB’s are the toughest players on any football team without question. 

1 minute ago, M.Silverback said:

I don’t know if “you” is me or the collective. I don’t recall many posters saying to play Streveler because he’s “tougher” than Nichols. People said play him because he’s a much better athlete and can make things happen running. That’s where he’s better than Nichols. Both are tough. QB’s are the toughest players on any football team without question. 

"You" is the term used for the group on here who questioned Nichol's toughness and called him injury prone.

Does anyone seriously think that the Bombers are going to do anything in the playoffs? come on.

imagine O'Shea job interview for head coach of another team.

Q. How long were you head coach of the Bombers?

A. six years

Q How many playoff games was the team in over that time?

A. three.

Q Did you win any playoff games?

A. one. in six years.

Mike:  I'd like to submit this letter of recommendation from someone who goes by the bomber forum handle 17 to 85!

Interviewer: thanks very helpful! I see he's listed many reasons why this lack of success is in no way related to you!

And that's all I know to know, you're hired!

I think people here like O'Shea cause he's a Canadian head coach, and they desperately want to see that work.

All the other stuff is just word play, stat jumbling, and excuse making. Nothing is ever on O'Shea for some people. silly.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

"You" is the term used for the group on here who questioned Nichol's toughness and called him injury prone.

Gotcha. I for one did not question Nichols toughness. He’s had a lot of injuries, and that happens. And surgery to throwing shoulder would worry me as GM. But he’s tough, no question.

People should watch some NFL films mic’ed up footage of Matt Stafford or Andrew Luck. Tough position to play, and tough dudes. They get killed out there

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Does anyone seriously think that the Bombers are going to do anything in the playoffs? come on.

imagine O'Shea job interview for head coach of another team.

How long were you head coach of the Bombers?

A. six years

How many playoff games was the team in over that time?

A. three.

Did you win any playoff games?

A. one. in six years.

Well, that's all I know to know, you're hired!

I think people here like O'Shea cause he's a Canadian head coach, and they desperately want to see that work.

All the other stuff is just word play, stat jumbling, and excuse making. Nothing is ever on O'Shea for some people. silly.

But luckily for O'Shea the Argos look at things differently.   They look at your playing resume first and foremost.

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

But luckily for O'Shea the Argos look at things differently.   They look at your playing resume first and foremost.

whatever they do, it isn't working out.

playing resume guarantees nothing. All kinds of examples.

And there are all kinds of highly successful coaches who played badly, at low levels, or not at all.

Edited by Mark F