Osh is a Legend

Floyd

51 minutes ago, Floyd said:

So aside from Maas I guess - who are all these coaches that players don’t want to play for?  This argument is so weak

you don’t think Rick Campbell would be an instant upgrade - or mark Nelson, Constanza, Dyce etc

Good lord are those horrendous options and massive steps back from Osh.... Just.... Wow. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Good lord are those horrendous options and massive steps back from Osh.... Just.... Wow. 

How is Campbell a step back? Costanza is an excellent receivers coach probably ready to be an OC. He's coached under Huff & Dickenson for a decade. If anyone knows the Stamps system, it's him. I'd take Nelson over Hall as a DC in a heartbeat.  Other than Campbell, the other guys as HC's, no. But Costanza should be looking to move up as a coordinator. He could be a future HC.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

you don’t think Rick Campbell would be an instant upgrade - or mark Nelson, Constanza, Dyce etc

Campbell's success has come with very good qbs in a very bad division. Now he has very bad qbs in an improved division, and he looks lost. It would be interesting to see how he'd do with our roster. 

Not sure why the other names should be considered "instant upgrades".

Edit: did you mean bringing the entire Ottawa coaching staff here under Campbell, or those guys as potential head coaches?

Edited by sweep the leg

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Campbell's success has come with very good qbs in a very bad division. 

Almost every successful HC has had a great or great qbs playing for him as well as great players at other positions. I could give coaches names & the qbs they had playing for them but do I need to? So, I find that argument doesn't carry a lot of weight.

48 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Almost every successful HC has had a great or great qbs playing for him as well as great players at other positions. I could give coaches names & the qbs they had playing for them but do I need to? So, I find that argument doesn't carry a lot of weight.

It does when you're comparing him to a guy who has coached in a tough division with average to poor qbs.

took the foot off the gas after the first half stomping in Montreal, and it's been mainly downhill since then.

This team does not look like a playoff winner at all.

Worst thing for me is sending a clearly beaten up Chris Streveller.

sure, let O'Shea go to one of the many teams that are clamouring and lining up to have him as their head coach.

Edited by Mark F

4 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I'm not quite there but at a minimum O'Shea must have the kahonies to fire Hall and Lapolice. If he doesn't, he should be gone too.

Ya right fire Hall? The defence directly scores one TD and has an INT responsible for scoring another TD. YOUR offence passes for what 135yds...completes one pass over 20 yds downfield and the QB is the leading rusher.?

1 minute ago, DR. CFL said:

Ya right fire Hall? The defence directly scores one TD and has an INT responsible for scoring another TD. YOUR offence passes for what 135yds...completes one pass over 20 yds downfield and the QB is the leading rusher.?

The first 9 passes thrown by Bo Levi were not defended even a slight amount 

4 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

217 passing for us. Bo was 6 of 9 for 135 at 1 point with 3 drops. 

11 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Hey doc, what game were you watching? The D had a moment or two but for the majority of the game they were nowhere near BLM or a Calgary receiver. 

Interestingly, while coach Hall was away for two weeks the D including the backs had a couple of decent games. I realize that the guys who were running the D while Hall was away were using the same overall "scheme" but individual plays were called differently....more aggressive in my opinion....with better results.