Osh is a Legend

Floyd

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I really think that a guy like Streveler is just such a competitor that he struggles with the passive lapo offense. Like Elliott when he was here just no patience for the idea that you don't try and take it to your opponent. At least Khari has talked about how you have to push it against a defence even if it isn't there just to show them you are crazy enough to do it.

At some point, the players who have been struggling under the current coaching regime will stop listening and either give up or start doing their own thing, as has happened before. 

As galling as it is for us fans to see obvious problems in game plans and/or player utilization, it has to be a lot worse for those players who are trying their best.

I was gonna mention one thing.....I think people over-estimate Khari's "love" for Winnipeg. Here's the thing......he was run outta town on a rail, and I remember reading something about how he was really upset by that Winnipeg Sun headline "Good Riddance" after he was dealt to Calgary. He's had opportunities to come back (Wade was pushing hard for him as OC in the past) but he said no every time. Said he'd only come as HC. So, while he might come back for big gobs of money, I really don't think he's going to come back because he has so much love for Winnipeg. I honestly think he's happy Montreal gave him a shot, and Montreal is happy to have him. They'll give him a blank cheque and he'll stay  in Montreal long term. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was gonna mention one thing.....I think people over-estimate Khari's "love" for Winnipeg. Here's the thing......he was run outta town on a rail, and I remember reading something about how he was really upset by that Winnipeg Sun headline "Good Riddance" after he was dealt to Calgary. He's had opportunities to come back (Wade was pushing hard for him as OC in the past) but he said no every time. Said he'd only come as HC. So, while he might come back for big gobs of money, I really don't think he's going to come back because he has so much love for Winnipeg. I honestly think he's happy Montreal gave him a shot, and Montreal is happy to have him. They'll give him a blank cheque and he'll stay  in Montreal long term. 

That's fair. I mentioned his connection to Winnipeg, versus his "love" for Winnipeg, as some others have. But, you're right, ultimately given the choice of more than one opportunity, any HC will choose money, term and the situation (i.e. contending team versus team in the crapper; stable management and ownership, etc.) over any type of loyalty or connection to a city. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I agree Khari is likely to stay in Montreal, he has a great deal more control of the team there than he would be given anywhere else, he's got no reason to want to leave.  As for the blank cheque, hard to do that now with the coaches cap especially while the league owns the team.

13 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I agree Khari is likely to stay in Montreal, he has a great deal more control of the team there than he would be given anywhere else, he's got no reason to want to leave.  As for the blank cheque, hard to do that now with the coaches cap especially while the league owns the team.

well, let's call it "blank cheque, relatively speaking"...... I think they'll pay him every penny that they possibly can.

Look you guys.....It's still not a stretch that we win it all...This is still a damn good team and if the recent acquisition works out we'll be in solid contention....AND if that scenario comes to pass I don't think you'll see O'Shea heading for the door...A lot has to transpire for sure, but things look a lot better than they did at a point in time yesterday .......Think I'll have to change my name to the eternal optimist....but oooops.. nope that one's gone

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Look you guys.....It's still not a stretch that we win it all...This is still a damn good team and if the recent acquisition works out we'll be in solid contention....AND if that scenario comes to pass I don't think you'll see O'Shea heading for the door...A lot has to transpire for sure, but things look a lot better than they did at a point in time yesterday .......Think I'll have to change my name to the eternal optimist....but oooops.. nope that one's gone

Listen, I'm the most positive person going.......but yaaaaaa.......that's a big stretch.

4 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

Agree. And things are fluid. So much can happen between now and the off season. Lots of potential moving parts with coaches, QB's, etc. The important thing is that Miller and Walters hopefully know that unless we go on an incredible playoff run, change must happen. Even then, change must happen. I can't see them trotting out the same HC, coordinators, QB's next spring saying "nothing has changed, but things will be different now". 

My predictions are O'Shea ends up in Toronto - partly his choice, partly the Argos going hard after him, partly the Bombers leaning towards different options - and Khari ends up in Winnipeg. I think his connections to the city, Miller, trump sticking around in Montreal. And basically most of the assistants are then gone. I think somehow Buck sticks around. 

I think khari stays in Montreal. With a head coaching job and a 3 yr contract he’ll be comfortable enough to uproot his family and move east.  

it's not a streetch..we have played wretched ball the last month and a bit, and other than the hamilton game...should have won all the others...yeah we lost to the riders and excuses are for losers and mean diddly....but those Rider wins were lucky wins on their behalf and in all 3 games we outplayed and out classed them...they didn't take us out back and whoop us by any means...and who knows what goes on against CGY...as it sits we are one up on them...so time will tell

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

it's not a streetch..we have played wretched ball the last month and a bit, and other than the hamilton game...should have won all the others...yeah we lost to the riders and excuses are for losers and mean diddly....but those Rider wins were lucky wins on their behalf and in all 3 games we outplayed and out classed them...they didn't take us out back and whoop us by any means...and who knows what goes on against CGY...as it sits we are one up on them...so time will tell

Yeah the Riders offense did absolutely nothing against the Bombers in all 3 games. We gave them a bunch of turnovers in their building and that's really all they got. I don't fear that team at all. Worst 10 win team I have ever seen. 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

In both losses, the Riders got the most out of their limited talent, that is good coaching. The Bombers are once again under-achieving which imo is a direct reflection on our coaching. Something has to give. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah the Riders offense did absolutely nothing against the Bombers in all 3 games. We gave them a bunch of turnovers in their building and that's really all they got. I don't fear that team at all. Worst 10 win team I have ever seen. 

I find it amusing how people speculate and rationalize how games are won and lost....or should have been won. There are no pictures on the scorecard only Ws and Ls....how you get them isn’t relevant to the final outcome. Football is a combination of 4 factors, O, D, ST and Turnovers. Any combination of those things can result in a win or loss.

10 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

I find it amusing how people speculate and rationalize how games are won and lost....or should have been won. There are no pictures on the scorecard only Ws and Ls....how you get them isn’t relevant to the final outcome. Football is a combination of 4 factors, O, D, ST and Turnovers. Any combination of those things can result in a win or loss.

yes, and turnovers are something you can at least somewhat control yourself. It's not some foreign concept to look at a game and see how it was won and lost, and the 2 games in Regina it was turnovers that got the Riders the win certainly not their offense. 

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

yes, and turnovers are something you can at least somewhat control yourself. It's not some foreign concept to look at a game and see how it was won and lost, and the 2 games in Regina it was turnovers that got the Riders the win certainly not their offense. 

And turnovers were a contributing factor in a number of Bomber wins last season....ya you can control them...don’t fumble of throw INTs....spread the word.

17 minutes ago, Esks1975 said:

I'm pretty much expecting to see three teams tied with 20 points at the end of the weekend based on the likelyhood of the home teams winning their games. Only problem for the Bombers is they have one less game remaining.

So get the Esks to do the entire league a solid and thump those pretenders to end the regular season. 

Riders have shown that against teams with a halfway decent offence...they cant score...and if they win is due to luck/other teams miscues/game shortened by weather/poor officiating...and they have CGY edm..edm..and BC remaining...other than BC they have tough defenses to deal with, and BC is on a roll a bit and I can see Reilly ripping through the Edem and Gainey led crappy back field...if they go .500 over those games I will be shocked and can see a 1 win scenario looming