Osh is a Legend

Floyd

Three loses in a row....can we make it four and be headed out the door///Something has to bloody well change or the writing will certainly be on the wall...How you fix the qb. problem is a tough one....BUT if it ain't colour us gone....The last 2 games showed that the opposition is on to us bigtime....I don't even know that Lao has the ability or the balls to change things up....It appeared the D has come around but without an offence that can put up points....dead in the water....Walters and Mike O are being paid to pull this thing out of the fire....Get on it or get gone

24 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

People keep blaming LaPo for Streveler's lack of success running the ball, he ran the ball 12 times and his longest run was 8 yards.  The Rider D watched the film, contained him and shut him down, nothing LaPo can do about that, it's on Streveler to make use of the tools at his disposal to move the offence.  He couldn't do it.

How many of those runs were planned plays.  And how many were broken plays where Big Chris tried to make something out of nothing ?....... 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

People keep blaming LaPo for Streveler's lack of success running the ball, he ran the ball 12 times and his longest run was 8 yards.  The Rider D watched the film, contained him and shut him down, nothing LaPo can do about that, it's on Streveler to make use of the tools at his disposal to move the offence.  He couldn't do it.

It is LaPo.

Don't you think a competent OC would actually know that Saskatchewan would plan a way to stop Streveler..

and that he would preplan some counter measures in anticipation?

He didn’t. He played right into Sask.’s plans and made no adjustments when he did see it. Hell, if you see some guy spying, you throw to where the spy guy vacated. 

it's on Streveler to make use of the tools at his disposal to move the offence.  He couldn't do it.” 

It’s up to LaPo to provide those tools. He’s the master of the morning isn’t he? Thanks to this plain-Jane yogurt offence we still don’t know about Streveler because he wasn’t given much of a chance.

Streveler, square peg into a round hole game plan. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Wait... So you're suggesting that a 2nd year QB should just start freelancing when he thinks that the offence is bogging down?  There's a word for a QB that does that.  It's "ex-QB".  He's paid to run the plays.  The OC is paid to recognize what's happening and to make adjustments.  The last thing we want is to tell Streveler is that he should just start making it up as he goes along.

3 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I think what he’s suggesting is that if it’s a designed QB run and the defence is ready for it, Streveler should just run “better” and “stronger” to get more yards! 

Not at all, if the running game is shut down you have to use your arm to exploit their adjustments, Streveler was unable to do that.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Not at all, if the running game is shut down you have to use your arm to exploit their adjustments, Streveler was unable to do that.

If the running game (plan A) is shut down, then a good OC will revert to plan B.  Plan B will be something that complements the skill set of the current QB and not ask him to become something (a pocket passer) that he's not ready to do.  LaPolice should, by now, know that everyone is scheming to shut down our running game.  It's on him to recognize that he's not starting Nichols anymore.  I just don't see much of an adjustment at all for Streveler.  That's on the OC. 

5 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

If the running game (plan A) is shut down, then a good OC will revert to plan B.  Plan B will be something that complements the skill set of the current QB and not ask him to become something (a pocket passer) that he's not ready to do.  LaPolice should, by now, know that everyone is scheming to shut down our running game.  It's on him to recognize that he's not starting Nichols anymore.  I just don't see much of an adjustment at all for Streveler.  That's on the OC. 

There were 4 sometimes 5 receivers out running routes, like it or not those were his real options, the Riders were not going to allow Streveler to get outside, to break a run he had to beat a DE or LB playing wide.

Streveler had receivers open (I was at the game). He just couldn't find them.

He's not a bonafide #1 QB yet. Maybe he will be someday, maybe he won't. Sorry, that's not all on our OC. ( With that argument I could say "Stick me in at QB, and if I don't succeed it's LaPolice's fault" -ridiculous!!)

Streveler is a great athlete, a fantastic talent. But he has to grow his mental game yet.

1 minute ago, blueingreenland said:

Streveler had receivers open (I was at the game). He just couldn't find them.

He's not a bonafide #1 QB yet. Maybe he will be someday, maybe he won't. Sorry, that's not all on our OC. ( With that argument I could say "Stick me in at QB, and if I don't succeed it's LaPolice's fault" -ridiculous!!)

Streveler is a great athlete, a fantastic talent. But he has to grow his mental game yet.

Yup reads were a big problem.....and not just on the picks...

Lapo is calling a ton of read-option and putting decision making on streveler already... that’s the problem

if that hitch to whitehead gainer Hamilton is just a called play and not a read-option, streveler just throws it instead of hesitating

simplify the game for him but also bring back designed misdirection - Lapo needs to grow balls fast

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The Bomber offense is easy to defend and there is lots of Streveler film now. Riders closed off the edges and weren't going to let Streveler run roughshod over them again. They forced Streveler to throw the ball. With our receiver corps that equals trouble. Did Lapo plan for that contingency? Nope. Same old. No QB is going to be successful running Lapo's crap.

4 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

How many of those runs were planned plays.  And how many were broken plays where Big Chris tried to make something out of nothing ?....... 

Big Chris showed us a whole lot of nothing.  He isn't starter material & may never be. We may lose out the rest of the season with him in there. But the Bombers are to blame for that. The guy can only do so much when we have  a useless OC calling the plays. 

Big Chris has actually shown quite a lot.  And has shown to be a lot more exciting to watch play than the previous starter.  It sure seems the Nichols supporters would show lots of patience when he played poorly and the team lost,  to the point it was everyone else's fault they lost but Mattys....... now when Streveler is part of a loss it's all his fault and the team is doomed with him........  

Streveler struggled with reads/decisions, some bad turnovers
Harris 11 carries in a grinding defensive, low scoring game
No moving pocket, roll/sprint outs for Strev
Keep running certain plays, that we just can't execute properly (ie hitch pass)
Wideouts that don't scare anyone
Hardrick playing on one leg, for near a month now.

Could go on, but we have a number of problems on O, here.

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Streveler struggled with reads/decisions, some bad turnovers
Harris 11 carries in a grinding defensive, low scoring game
No moving pocket, roll/sprint outs for Strev
Keep running certain plays, that we just can't execute properly (ie hitch pass)
Wideouts that don't scare anyone
Hardrick playing on one leg, for near a month now.

Could go on, but we have a number of problems on O, here.

I was using CJOB for the first half...... wasn't there a few bad drops by receivers as well.... maybe a real bad one by Adams (?)

22 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Big Chris has actually shown quite a lot.  And has shown to be a lot more exciting to watch play than the previous starter.  It sure seems the Nichols supporters would show lots of patience when he played poorly and the team lost,  to the point it was everyone else's fault they lost but Mattys....... now when Streveler is part of a loss it's all his fault and the team is doomed with him........  

Don’t care about exciting football. We need wins and that’s what Nichols gave us. 

13 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I was using CJOB for the first half...... wasn't there a few bad drops by receivers as well.... maybe a real bad one by Adams (?)

First a pass and drop to Demski. But Adams whiffed badly on a pass from Streveler that would have gotten a first down. This was a bad way to start the game and was foreboding.

30 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The guy can only do so much when we have  a useless OC calling the plays. 

If you listened to 1290 TSN post game Chris Walby mentioned that McAdoo (SK's OC) was "getting run out of town last year. This year, with Fajardo, he's looking like a genius!" I can't prove this, of course, but my bet is that if Reilly or BLM  (or Dunigan, Clements, or Brock) were running this offense LaPo would look like a genius too!