Osh is a Legend

Floyd

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Umm... 9-9 and one and done is where we're headed right now...?  But it would be okay if Nichols was doing it?

Eaaasy Big Fella...I think you know that's not at all what I said.

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Not saying I agree with that decision if it's made...just my gut feeling.

3 minutes ago, White Out said:

You can't have it both ways, either Oshea refill the cupboards with the bad team, or it is impossible for a bad team to turn around.

Ok, so now you believe the cupboards were bare after all.  I believe the team has a respectable record after his first two years.  And you certainly don’t have to agree with me. 

Just now, Mark H. said:

Ok, so now you believe the cupboards were bare after all.  I believe the team has a respectable record after his first two years.  And you certainly don’t have to agree with me. 

I'm saying in the cfl there's no such thing as "cupboards" as we traditionally use that phrase in say the NHL or mlb

It's a 9 team league with high turnover. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We need help on the OL. We need better receivers. We need secondary help. We need new coordinators. 

Hardrick is playing hurt - what else is wrong with the OL?  Or do you mean more Canadians starting? Secondary looks to be on the way up - just Rose trying to do too much in the 4th Q today. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We need help on the OL. We need better receivers. We need secondary help. We need new coordinators. 

I feel like we have enough Canadian talent in the OL pipeline that we’re likely set for awhile. We really only need a Hardrick upgrade assuming Bryant has a couple good years left in him. Secondary is the easiest position to find Americans and even still, there are a ton of young talented American DBs on the roster already. Sayles and Rose are close to as good as it gets. 

5 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

Eaaasy Big Fella...I think you know that's not at all what I said.

Ha - I was just trying to understand the statement...  9-9 and one and done gets coaches fired unless you're rebuilding

The challenge I have as on Osh supporter is that Walters, Miller and Osh thought Etch and Bellefuile would be a good set of coordinators 

We let them off the hook because 'no one wanted to be in Winnipeg'...

Then Lapo was brought back and Hall signed - BOTH of these guys had huge red flags back then... none of what we're seeing today is unexpected

Yet its year four of Lapo and five of Hall...  how can this not fall on Osh/Walters?  

Just now, Floyd said:

Ha - I was just trying to understand the statement...  9-9 and one and done gets coaches fired unless you're rebuilding

The challenge I have as on Osh supporter is that Walters, Miller and Osh thought Etch and Bellefuile would be a good set of coordinators 

We let them off the hook because 'no one wanted to be in Winnipeg'...

Then Lapo was brought back and Hall signed - BOTH of these guys had huge red flags back then... none of what we're seeing today is unexpected

Yet its year four of Lapo and five of Hall...  how can this not fall on Osh/Walters?  

Because stability

1 minute ago, White Out said:

I'm saying in the cfl there's no such thing as "cupboards" as we traditionally use that phrase in say the NHL or mlb

It's a 9 team league with high turnover. 

That’s true of American positions. You need your base of Canadian players and new draft picks, as well as a competent QB.  After Taman and Mack, we had none of those, and I was quite frankly surprised we were able to hire someone as competent as O’shea for HC. Imagine the team during the Mack era losing a high caliber starting Canadian OG - it would have been an absolute disaster. 

Just now, Mark H. said:

That’s true of American positions. You need your base of Canadian players and new draft picks, as well as a competent QB.  After Taman and Mack, we had none of those, and I was quite frankly surprised we were able to hire someone as competent as O’shea for HC. Imagine the team during the Mack era losing a high caliber starting Canadian OG - it would have been an absolute disaster. 

I frequently imagine would have been like to have gambled on head coach with a higher ceiling than O'Shea.

8 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I feel like we have enough Canadian talent in the OL pipeline that we’re likely set for awhile. We really only need a Hardrick upgrade assuming Bryant has a couple good years left in him. Secondary is the easiest position to find Americans and even still, there are a ton of young talented American DBs on the roster already. Sayles and Rose are close to as good as it gets. 

And yet it's been 29 years.   

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

Its really time to move on from the Mack excuse... team is rebuilt.

I would never say fire Walters and Miller until they've had another coach under their reign - Bauer's problem was that he didn't like Ritchie, it got personal and he couldn't let it go... now I think we have the opposite problem - we like Osh as a person too much and can't look at it rationally

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Hate to say it but the Oshea era is over...

Young showed tonight that Richie Hall really is the problem - even with Winston Rose's miscues

Playing Neufeld over Gray has cost this team - that's on Oshea

Sticking with Lapo and Hall - its finished Osh

Another QB ruined.

Young showed tonight that having a player that can actually make plays at safety is huge. So perhaps you could have been DC tonight and had the same better result. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If it was as easy as you seem to be making it out to be replacing players we wouldn't be in this drought. It's not that easy. 

It really doesn’t matter how good the rest of your roster is if your QB and OC suck. And either one or the other has been the case for almost all of the past 29 years. 

8 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Young showed tonight that having a player that can actually make plays at safety is huge. So perhaps you could have been DC tonight and had the same better result. 

No, I would have been ejected for sending Hecht to t-bone Evans on the sidelines.

Although this does raise the question - who's decision was it to stick with Hecht this long?  Hall or Osh?