Osh is a Legend

Floyd

9 minutes ago, White Out said:

Already posted in another thread after we beat SSK that MOS was deserving to stay after being very critical of him.

I don't blame anyone for being critical of the staff after the team began to fall apart, again. This is what happens to a fan base after nearly 30 years of ineptitude.

**** this. There wasn't 30 years of ineptitude. We had several great years in there even if we didn't win the ultimate trophy. The craziness and bitching about everything is what happens when you have a "fan" base filled with so many crazy people. 

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Was hufnagel available to play in the grey cup in 84' ? 

Yeah, he played. Did well, too. Clements got hit & lost one of his contact lenses & had to come out to get new ones on the sidelines. Hufnagel ran a few plays before Clements came back in.  In the fourth quarter having replaced Clements, Hufnagel threw a 4 yard TD pass to Jeff Boyd.

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:
10-25
20 CGY 22 28 221 2 1 7.9
11-10
22 CGY 11 21 193 1 0 9.2
11-17
23 SSK 17 25 267 1 0 10.7
11-24
24 HAM 17 23 170 0 0

Those are Collaros numbers.... you know what they look like? They look an awful lot like typical Matt Nichols numbers with this team. 

Sure except Nichols #'s are against OTT, TOR, BC, EDM.

Collaros went 4-0 against the 3 best opposing D's in the league and didn't turn it over once in the playoffs.  Hell of a stretch to try to say Nichols could have done the same, we'll never know.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

14 hours ago, JCon said:

Crap on MOS. Crap in Nichols. It's the same BS we've heard for ages. But, but, but... 

Can't hear ya with the Grey Cup ringing in my ****ing ear. Bunch of whiners. 

The fact that MOS has managed four straight seasons of double digit wins in a ruthless West Division without a star QB says a lot about the team and culture he has built here.  You can feel the difference in attitude and approach all over the place.  There is always an urgency to win the next play, but they aren't looking past that or stuck in bullshit pissing contests like some of the players/units on Hamilton and Sask are.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Sure except Nichols #'s are against OTT, TOR, BC, EDM.

Collaros went 4-0 against the 3 best opposing D's in the league and didn't turn it over once in the playoffs.  Hell of a stretch to try to say Nichols could have done the same, we'll never know.

You can say that they were weak sisters but he still had to play well enough to beat them. The guy deserves some credit. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

**** this. There wasn't 30 years of ineptitude. We had several great years in there even if we didn't win the ultimate trophy. The craziness and bitching about everything is what happens when you have a "fan" base filled with so many crazy people. 

Ok, then. The Ti-Cats had a great season, but that does not make them any less inept in the Grey Cup game. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You can say that they were weak sisters but he still had to play well enough to beat them. The guy deserves some credit. 

Sure, but look at the numbers the rest of the QB's around the league put up on Ottawa and Toronto especially.  Nothing impressive by a veteran QB.  Quite a few 400 yard games put up vs those two.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm over it and don't care. You can engage in score settling all you want. I'm in far too positive a place with our team to argue about this. 

16 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Anyone find it crazy that Calgary only has 8 cups in their history? It feels like they've been dominant for nearly 2 decades

Anyone find it crazy that Calgary only has 8 cups in their history? It feels like they've been dominant for nearly 2 decades

Ah that brings back memories of Ftroop. 

Only 2 cups in the last 10 years. Feels more like 4-5 since they always seem to be there. Kind of a disappointment from the eyes of a Stamps fan, no? Definitely a solid franchise, but need to win a few more to be called the ‘Patriots of the North’ as I’ve heard some call them. 

Then again after 29 years, I’d gladly take 2 cups in 10 years. 😇

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just an interesting aside, when you compare the 1984 Grey Cup qbs to the 2019 Bombers there was no one on the 84 team like Streveler but you can certainly compare Zach Collaros to Tom Clements. As well as Matt Nichols to John Hufnagel. 

yeah, at times Collaros reminded me of Clements too. Tommy wasn't the fastest or strongest, especially compared to a modern QB, but he was like an eel in the pocket and could throw dimes on the move.

11 minutes ago, johnzo said:

yeah, at times Collaros reminded me of Clements too. Tommy wasn't the fastest or strongest, especially compared to a modern QB, but he was like an eel in the pocket and could throw dimes on the move. 

Yeah, Clements wasn't a running qb where he'd pick up 80 yards a game but he could scramble around in the backfield, move the pocket, evade the rush, make tacklers miss, extend the play & find an open receiver. 

40 minutes ago, The Ghost of Mike Kelly said:

Only 2 cups in the last 10 years. Feels more like 4-5 since they always seem to be there. Kind of a disappointment from the eyes of a Stamps fan, no? Definitely a solid franchise, but need to win a few more to be called the ‘Patriots of the North’ as I’ve heard some call them. 

Then again after 29 years, I’d gladly take 2 cups in 10 years. 😇

The Stamps could easily have another 5 Grey cups but they choke more than they win. 

4 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

That's insane considering they've had home field advantage frequently in the play offs and in the regular season they've had an insane home record.