Osh is a Legend

Floyd

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Great bump. I've been letting everyone enjoy the week, but make no mistake I have a bag of **** You's for this place that is very very heavy and I'm gonna unload it soon... 

Crap on MOS. Crap in Nichols. It's the same BS we've heard for ages. But, but, but... 

Can't hear ya with the Grey Cup ringing in my ****ing ear. Bunch of whiners. 

44 minutes ago, JCon said:

Crap on MOS. Crap in Nichols. It's the same BS we've heard for ages. But, but, but... 

Can't hear ya with the Grey Cup ringing in my ****ing ear. Bunch of whiners. 

Nichols not playing took us and won us the Grey Cup.  Collaros gets all the credit at the qb position for getting us the cup.

21 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Nichols not playing took us and won us the Grey Cup.  Collaros gets all the credit at the qb position for getting us the cup.

10-25
20 CGY 22 28 221 2 1 7.9
11-10
22 CGY 11 21 193 1 0 9.2
11-17
23 SSK 17 25 267 1 0 10.7
11-24
24 HAM 17 23 170 0 0

Those are Collaros numbers.... you know what they look like? They look an awful lot like typical Matt Nichols numbers with this team. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:
10-25
20 CGY 22 28 221 2 1 7.9
11-10
22 CGY 11 21 193 1 0 9.2
11-17
23 SSK 17 25 267 1 0 10.7
11-24
24 HAM 17 23 170 0 0

Those are Collaros numbers.... you know what they look like? They look an awful lot like typical Matt Nichols numbers with this team. 

It's irrelevant......Nichols did not finish the season, for whatever reason...... Collaros kinda did lol.....

37 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I’m not a big Nichols fan but the way the defense played in all three playoff games and what Streveler added in his role it think your average Nichols type of performance would have been more than enough to win the cup with him.  Certainly Collaros is the better of the two quarterbacks though. 

29 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

It's irrelevant......Nichols did not finish the season, for whatever reason...... Collaros kinda did lol.....

No he didn't, so we had to go to another veteran qb. But what did he do to distinguish himself from what nichols was doing? Other than you know, not being matt nichols which is more than enough for people like you regardless of anything else.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No he didn't, so we had to go to another veteran qb. But what did he do to distinguish himself from what nichols was doing? Other than you know, not being matt nichols which is more than enough for people like you regardless of anything else.

Escaping the pocket and making plays,  throwing the ball more then 5 yards,  not losing his cool and melting down when things stalled.   

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I'm not a hater of Matt Nichols , but I also have eye balls.  Collaros's ability to navigate the pocket and extend plays is better, his willingness to give his WR a chance to make a play (especially on deep balls) and deliver it with accuracy is better, his ability to improvise when things breakdown is also better.. You can't always just look at the final numbers and know they whole story. It's important HOW he got those yards too. Collaros's run against the Riders with under 2 mins left isn't going to show up as a huge play in the stats, but it was the difference between the Riders having 4 seconds at the end vs punting earlier and the Riders having 30 seconds to tie it. To me that's something Nichols just doesn't do. Also the fact that Collaros had to  pick up this offense at the end of the year, where as Nichols has had years in this system! People don't seem to appreciate how difficult that is. The fact that Collaros was able to perform as good or better than Nichols in that short a time isn't exactly a shining endorsement for Nichols either. All I hope, is the Bombers don't just settle on him and not at least kick some tires on other FAs. If he's the guy they choose, I'll be cheering him on as much as the next fan. However, I also think it's possible to cheer him on and wish the best for him while still being realistic about his capabilities and deficiencies. 

Just my 2 cents though...

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I don't ever think I have seen Nichols do this:

The way he navigates pressure is a sight to watch... 

Never put in writing what you aren’t able to control.
And, for sure, some of you guys have empty words strewn across all 110 yards of IGF turf. 
Couldn’t have been more wrong in the thought process.

But thanks, lots of material for the off season.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just an interesting aside, when you compare the 1984 Grey Cup qbs to the 2019 Bombers there was no one on the 84 team like Streveler but you can certainly compare Zach Collaros to Tom Clements. As well as Matt Nichols to John Hufnagel. 

Was hufnagel available to play in the grey cup in 84' ? 

It's always easy to take the negative route and then when things go positive, you can cheer with everyone else and say "well I'm sure happy to be wrong". Well **** you. The spoils go to those who were brave enough to take the positive road the entire journey and not freak out over every little twist and turn.

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It's always easy to take the negative route and then when things go positive, you can cheer with everyone else and say "well I'm sure happy to be wrong". Well **** you. The spoils go to those who were brave enough to take the positive road the entire journey and not freak out over every little twist and turn.

It equally easy to go the positive route then say **** you to everyone when the team eventually wins, even if that's only once every 29 years or so.

August 2013

👁‍🗨1st smart move..

The Winnipeg Football Club appointed Wade Miller as acting CEO in August 2013, following the resignation of Garth Buchko.[6] Two months later, the Blue Bombers confirmed Miller as their new President and CEO.

👁‍🗨2nd smart move..

Nov. 22 2013 - It is all but official that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will make Kyle Walters their permanent general manager, and it will likely happen early next week.

👁‍🗨3rd smart move..

“They are creating a new culture of winning, and I'm just thrilled to be a part of that."
Dec 4 2013. - Mike O’Shea

I'm willing to choke down a little crow...BUT the sentiments expressed then were certainly out of frustration and those gawd awful games we played back east...Add to that the statement...right from mangement that 'we have no plan to bring in another quarterback' when we found out Nichols was done....Which brings me to , I wonder if we hadn't have brought Collaros on board , would we have had that Cup parade...My answer...not likely...This club did a lot to garner criticism over the season BUT certainly did a lot more to overcome adversity and garner the praise they deserved the way we finished...What is it someone said....'winning changes everything'...and a few of us certainly have changed....Mike O..3yr. deal on the horizon...and good on him

Even though it was the right move to play Nuefeld over Gray at this time i think Nuefeld is likely to move on this offseason. Bombers have to sharpen the pencils and they have quite a few young offensive lineman include Desjarlais who ended up starting down the stretch and is a lock to start again next season.   Gray ready to start at right guard and Speller at center.   Eli a backup and then we draft another guy this year.   I see this as an area we look to shed some cap space.