Osh is a Legend

Floyd

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Oh yeah fear the Riders playing a pile of back up qbs all the time. So scary. They got Montreal with Pipkin in the game and got a BS win with only playing 3 quarters, not only did they get Hamilton with Evans starting his first game, they were also missing Banks in that one too which is a massive part of their offense. No games against Edmonton early and now might get to face them with Logan Killgore in... yeah everything is falling into place for them this season, but don't expect things to stay rosey, especially the turnovers thing. Teams will start to take away the quick slants and Fajardo's noodle arm won't be able to throw into tight spaces when that happens and his deep ball is a complete floater. 

We faced Evans in his first game coming in cold off the bench and we still had our butts handed to us.

3 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Dinwiddie is considered the greater offensive mind and he has a lot more experience with Qbs.

Sadly, the Bombers may go with the lesser of two options as familiarity and nepotism play a larger factor in the hiring process than quality of candidate.

There is no fact anywhere in this statement... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

There is no fact anywhere in this statement... 

Dinwiddie has been considered a great offensive mind going back to his days with the Als.  That is a fact.  Bombers hired Kelly as coach, Mack as GM, Miller as CEO, Walters as GM, re-hired Lapo largely based on familiarity, not necessarily because they were the most qualified for the job.  In some cases it worked out, most of the time it doesn't.   FACT!

10 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Being a sucker for punishment, I looked at those stats again. We lost to a team that passed for 150 yards.  It really has been a woulda, coulda, shoulda - kind of season. 

Winnipeg has been it's own worst enemy all season. That first game in Hamilton and Labour Day they coulda won but for the turnovers, Toronto and Montreal they were on their way to a blow out and took their foot off the gas too much and couldn't get it back when they needed it. 

This team could be sitting where Hamilton is and no one would blink, but instead they do this: 

CD9l49.gif

11 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

The irony of that statement is review the stats and the number of Bomber wins with 150 yds passing....

My apologies for issuing an incomplete statement:

Hamilton had a combined total of 227 yards of offense in that game.  To clarify the stat even further, that is total offense, not net offense.

The Bombers are first in rushing, last in passing, 6th in net offense (346 yards / game), tied for second in offensive TDs, second in total points scored, and 4th in offensive points scored.  

If they were relying heavily on throwing the ball, most of the above stats would be much lower.  Which makes the most recent loss to Hamilton even more of a mystery. 

13 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Dinwiddie has been considered a great offensive mind going back to his days with the Als.  That is a fact.  Bombers hired Kelly as coach, Mack as GM, Miller as CEO, Walters as GM, re-hired Lapo largely based on familiarity, not necessarily because they were the most qualified for the job.  In some cases it worked out, most of the time it doesn't.   FACT!

Not to besmirch your points, but fact doesn't mean what you think it does... the word you're looking for is opinion, my friend.

On 2019-10-11 at 9:05 AM, 17to85 said:

objective opinions are neither positive nor negative. 

They're positive when things are going well and negative when they're not.

its silly - and not objective - to say we have a good thing going right now.

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

Buck won't work for Dinwiddie (as he shouldn't) and I dint like the idea of tossing a guy who's shown years of loyalty to the organization, and could also be a very good OC in his own right. 

Lol. Nepotism at its finest.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

That's not what nepotism is... that's an organization developing employees. 

That wasn't my interpretation of what Noeller said. 

He seemed to imply not hiring (a potentially better candidate) because we have to show loyalty to someone who's been here.

If you're hiring who you have instead of the best candidate, I'm calling nepotism. 

None of it matters right now, there isn't an opening to talk about, and I don't think Walters will have the same opinion as Noeller, but personally, I'm not really considering the feelings of my assistant coaches during hiring practices - all I'm saying.

but that's not nepotism either. Pierce is the exact kind of guy that gets a chance to be OC in this league. Former QB, worked his way from running backs coach to quarterbacks coach... OC is the next logical step in his career. 

I mean I dunno if Pierce is the best candidate out there, but if they were to give him a chance I wouldn't write it up to anything other than a guy earning his chance. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

but that's not nepotism either. Pierce is the exact kind of guy that gets a chance to be OC in this league. Former QB, worked his way from running backs coach to quarterbacks coach... OC is the next logical step in his career. 

I mean I dunno if Pierce is the best candidate out there, but if they were to give him a chance I wouldn't write it up to anything other than a guy earning his chance. 

Isn't part of earning your next chance in pro sports directly linked to what successes(championships),  that you have been a part of in the past ?