GDT: Bombers @ Asshats

JCon

Just now, Brock Streveler said:

Don’t blame the OC, blame the guy who recruited the worst receiving Corp in the league. 

Disagree. We have at least good receivers who are hamstrung by a quarterback who is unable, unwilling or forbidden to use his strengths in a RPO game plan. We do not know if this is all on Streveler or LaPolice or both. Either way, we're boned this year once again. 

8 minutes ago, Brock Streveler said:

Don’t blame the OC.  Blame the man who put the players on the field.  Do the Bombers even have an American receiver that would make the Riders roster?  

This likely won't go over very good but you don't. Adams would be on the practice roster with us if he even made the team at all

16 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Can't help but wonder what it would take to get your other qb on the field?  Game wasn't out of reach at halftime and Streveler clearly wasn't getting it done.  This guy was kept ahead of Brian Bennett, why isn't her playing?

'Cause our head coach doesn't believe in that sort of thing.

27 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

I certainly see Evans, Roosevelt and Williams-Lambert as better than him.  Makes the decision to cut Mathews more damaging.

Adams is good he is just streaky, he isn't a game in and game out leader. Who is that player in your receiving core this year?  

34 minutes ago, Tracker said:

'Cause our head coach doesn't believe in that sort of thing.

Streveler and Nichols are free agents aren't they?  At least get the kid some garbage time and see what he's got. Lets be honest here, who thought Fajardo was going to step on the field and play that good?

Just now, Ripper said:

Streveler and Nichols are free agents aren't they?  At least get the kid some garbage time and see what he's got. Lets be honest here, who thought Fajardo was going to step on the field and play that good?

This has been a peeve of mine for some time with the coaching. I do not think that the backup QBs have been given enough time to show whether they were good enough to be kept and the experience to be able to execute plays if/when called upon.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

This has been a peeve of mine for some time with the coaching. I do not think that the backup QBs have been given enough time to show whether they were good enough to be kept and the experience to be able to execute plays if/when called upon.

Every team does it, even though they shouldn't. That's fine as long as the starter is playing good, but when he isn't, that's when I get mad

4 hours ago, Carlos Harper said:

No fix for this year coming. All that's left is to fight for whatever they can get with whoever they have left and who knows on that. A Janarion Grant return could be the difference in any upcoming game.

For the future, the answer is to back up the truck. Problems on the field are only symptoms of the real issues with the team. Bombers need to have a GM that can objectively evaluate those working under him and there needs to be a CEO capable of objectively evaluating the GM and that's not happening. It's all about hoodwinking the fans with these guys. Life has truly never been better.

Pick any season ticket holder and give them Wade Millers job and things will start to improve.  Just saying.

Well this is an opinion... I don’t think there is no fix at all. It only seems like our biggest hold back is either qb or oc. Yes our defence has struggled the past few games, but overall they have been fairly strong. As for “backing up the truck” you can only do that so much with the salary cap not increasing very much. And yea I’m sure any season ticket holder could be thrown into that office and do better 🙄

Edited by Tiny759

1 minute ago, Tiny759 said:

Well this is an opinion... I don’t think there is no fix at all. It only seems like our biggest hold back is either qb or oc. Yes our defence hasn’t struggled the past few games, but overall they have been fairly strong. As for “backing up the truck” you can only do that so much with the salary cap not increasing very much. And yea I’m sure any season ticket holder could be thrown into that office and do better 🙄

Troll food - don’t eat it. 

18 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Something is really wrong with the design of the routes and protections regardless of who is at QB, and it's been that way with Lapo forever back to his time as HC, pre-Crowton.  Our QB's aren't great but they aren't this bad either.

With an offence designed the way it is, we will not be able to determine what we have in receivers until LaPo is gone. 

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

As my final commentary on the debacle that was last night's game: the defence came to play and did, and to me, that indicates that Hall's absence was better for the team than his presence. This loss was mostly on the offence, and the O-line was mostly good enough, the offensive game plan was pure, unadulterated horsepoop, the quarterbacking was terrible but its hard to put all the blame on Streveler. The receivers did not cover themselves with glory, the running game was okay when it was used, but the Riders knew that the passing game was going to be near-nonexistent, so they plugged up the middle and put a spy on Streveler- game, set and match. Alexander was great at safety, but whythehell did this take so long? It has been painfully clear to all and sundry for weeks that Hecht was nearly useless. Alexander was injured, but surely the Bombers had an import player who could have been way better than Hecht. And we still receivers who will fight for the 50-50 balls. We lost 100% of those last night. And as a footnote, we got out-coached again.

Alexander contributed to the improved play of the secondary.....to attribute it to the absence of Hall is perhaps both unfair and inaccurate.....but the Hall Haters will believe what they want to believe. 

18 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Alexander contributed to the improved play of the secondary.....to attribute it to the absence of Hall is perhaps both unfair and inaccurate.....but the Hall Haters will believe what they want to believe. 

Why do you try to define any critic of Hall as "haters"? This is not about him as an individual, only about his performance as a coach. Your comment was unnecessarily inflamatory and dismissive.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Why do you try to define any critic of Hall as "haters"? This is not about him as an individual, only about his performance as a coach. Your comment was unnecessarily inflamatory and dismissive.

Gee I’m sorry.....people constantly blaming him and demanding he be fired are what? Lovers?  We have no information as to who decides what players he has to coach? Who saddled him with Hurl? Who made the determination that a National had to play safety and that same National was Hecht.  Cal Murphy decided on the players and TOLD the coaches to “coach them up”. Until we know who is making the roster decisions is a precursor to assign blame, responsibility and who is accountable.

16 hours ago, pigseye said:

You really have to wonder how any HC worth his salt could sign off on that offensive game plan tonight?

I was wondering the same thing. My Head Coach has to do better than signing off on a “LaPolice Offence” simply because “he’s a good Coach”. Look at the game plan for goodness sakes. It looks to me like Saskatchewan sent it over. The ‘keep Streveler’ in the pocket theme’ was executed perfectly. In other words “stifle the two-pronged running game we had” that was so successful. 

My suggestion would have been to keep running it until it was stopped..with a few misdirections thrown in. 

Oh, and throw to receivers who are moving, you know like other teams do..with success. 

But really, what’s the point now? LaPolice won’t change unless a Head Coach shows up.

(I’m talking to you Mikey)

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well if you think you didn't just watch Hall's defense you deserve to be dismissed.

Same schemes but Glen Young played a lot more aggressive - or maybe the DBs just had more confidence in Alexander... but they were lining up at 8-10 yards instead of 15+

I believe a lot of this is up to the discretion of the DB in Hall's scheme - not sure of course - but there's no doubt they were playing closer to LOS and getting back to ballhawking (for better and worse)

Whether this is lack of respect for Fajardo, absence of Hall or Alexander... guess we'll find out against Montreal

7 hours ago, Carlos Harper said:

No fix for this year coming. All that's left is to fight for whatever they can get with whoever they have left and who knows on that. A Janarion Grant return could be the difference in any upcoming game.

For the future, the answer is to back up the truck. Problems on the field are only symptoms of the real issues with the team. Bombers need to have a GM that can objectively evaluate those working under him and there needs to be a CEO capable of objectively evaluating the GM and that's not happening. It's all about hoodwinking the fans with these guys. Life has truly never been better.

Pick any season ticket holder and give them Wade Millers job and things will start to improve.  Just saying.

They wouldn't meet my salary demands or my requirement for a secret slush fund.

2 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Gee I’m sorry.....people constantly blaming him and demanding he be fired are what? Lovers?  

No offence intended here...and it's possible you didn't use it with this in mind...but there are several terms/words that are used as a way of immediately dismissing a person and their opinions in lieu of any actual argument. "Hater" is one. "Conspiracy theorist" is another. They don't respond to the argument and are solely intended to denigrate and dismiss the commenter without ever debating/refuting the substance of the comment.

It seems now-a-days you can't disagree with anything/anyone without having an inflammatory term like "hater" being thrown in your face. Thanks to the casual use of "love" and "hate" they have virtually ceased to have any meaning at all.

Edited by Deiter Fan