GDT: Bombers @ Asshats

JCon

7 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

We’ve been dreadful without him going back to 2016. 

We’ve been dreadful with him going on 2 and a half seasons.

If you want to win playoffs and Grey Cups you have to have the ability to beat the teams that are going to be there.  The Bombers record against +.500 teams the past three seasons is terrible.  Our W-L doesn’t matter too much in that context of winning the league.

Six of Nichols 7 wins this season were against Ottawa, BC, Edmonton and Toronto.  By far the four worst teams in the league.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

6 hours ago, pigseye said:

You really have to wonder how any HC worth his salt could sign off on that offensive game plan tonight?

They basically put the game on Strev's arm? We are the best rushing team in the league playing the biggest game of the year in windy conditions and you put the game on Strev's arm?

I'm completely blown away by the level of incompetence on the part of O'Shea & Lapo in preparing for this one.

Heads have to roll in the off season. 

I’m beginning to believe Lapo has 100% control of the O - nothing else makes sense. 

18 hours ago, Booch said:

We will win..sask doesnt match up well against us..and I still think media are over rating them..why I dont know

Fajardos floaters will be ripe for picking with a real DB at safety..Alexander's presence back in the lineup is huge regardless of where he lines up

Also..our lines will dominate theirs again for 3rd straight game and that's where we will win it..plus we havnt played them with Harris yet..and they were lucky to get 1 win..and got blown away in their loss..I'm not concerned one bit truth be told 

Oops.

Lol at the Booch 

I really think this all goes back to our game plan.We came out throwing and never quit. Harris, 11 carries. With Harris's and Streveler that's a unsuccessful plan and a waste of talent. It's Lapo being to cute .He should have stuck with the game plan  that makes the most of what we have . Now we are in a hole.

Edited by the watcher

34 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I really think this all goes back to our game plan.We came out throwing and never quit. Harris, 11 carries. With Harris's and Streveler that's a unsuccessful plan and a waste of talent. It's Lapo being to cute .He should have stuck with the game plan  that makes the most of what we have . Now we are in a hole.

If they run Harris down in the red zone, they would have come away with FGs and at least one major.  This running attack at the 12 yard line? What the heck, let’s throw it deep, that’ll fool them for sure. 

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

If they run Harris down in the red zone, they would have come away with FGs and at least one major.  This running attack at the 12 yard line? What the heck, let’s throw it deep, that’ll fool them for sure. 

Exactly. With Harris and Streveler you pound the ball and surprise them in the air. But forcing your round peg QB into a square hole pocket passer would show just what a genius OC you are. Unfortunatly the buck stops at the head coach.

9 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

So this question goes out to anybody. This team is still a good team, so what is an actual fix? And what is the fix going into next year? We can sit here and argue but what do you guys think would make this team a winning team again? 

No fix for this year coming. All that's left is to fight for whatever they can get with whoever they have left and who knows on that. A Janarion Grant return could be the difference in any upcoming game.

For the future, the answer is to back up the truck. Problems on the field are only symptoms of the real issues with the team. Bombers need to have a GM that can objectively evaluate those working under him and there needs to be a CEO capable of objectively evaluating the GM and that's not happening. It's all about hoodwinking the fans with these guys. Life has truly never been better.

Pick any season ticket holder and give them Wade Millers job and things will start to improve.  Just saying.

Just now, DR. CFL said:

Chicken and the egg. Was Streveler’s performance a product of a game plan unsuited to his skills or was his performance the cause of a failed game plan? I vote for a game plan poorly designed for his abilities.

Riders were ready for him to run. Dickinson said so before the game. They took away his legs and let him beat them with his arm. He couldn't. 

4 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

No. Streveler was horrible. But yeah, game planning could improve too.

I agree he was horrible.But the last thing you should get him to do is stand in the pocket and throw. Streveler has limited abilities but the abilities he does have are very special. Why wouldn't we design a game around those .We pretty well picked what he was worst at and asked him to do it.

8 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Riders were ready for him to run. Dickinson said so before the game. They took away his legs and let him beat them with his arm. He couldn't. 

Which is exactly what some of us on here quite rightly predicted.  Many of you thought Streveler's legs and cannon for an arm would take us to the Cup.   All he's done is shown that he's a running back who thought he could play QB.  Yes he has a heart the size of a lion but that doesn't help move the ball downfield. 

The defence played well enough to win but once again the offence crapped the bed.   Lapo must go and Nichols or another starting quality QB needs to be brought in.

It's not dire as many think but we can't sugar coat it either.  Changes need to be made but no need to blow things up.    

As my final commentary on the debacle that was last night's game: the defence came to play and did, and to me, that indicates that Hall's absence was better for the team than his presence. This loss was mostly on the offence, and the O-line was mostly good enough, the offensive game plan was pure, unadulterated horsepoop, the quarterbacking was terrible but its hard to put all the blame on Streveler. The receivers did not cover themselves with glory, the running game was okay when it was used, but the Riders knew that the passing game was going to be near-nonexistent, so they plugged up the middle and put a spy on Streveler- game, set and match. Alexander was great at safety, but whythehell did this take so long? It has been painfully clear to all and sundry for weeks that Hecht was nearly useless. Alexander was injured, but surely the Bombers had an import player who could have been way better than Hecht. And we still receivers who will fight for the 50-50 balls. We lost 100% of those last night. And as a footnote, we got out-coached again.

3 hours ago, do or die said:

6 points....in a first place game.  Disgraceful.   Sadly, Streveler was bad......but this game planning from a vet OC, was total junk.

Don’t blame the OC.  Blame the man who put the players on the field.  Do the Bombers even have an American receiver that would make the Riders roster?  

It’s comparible to the Riders of 2018.   Horrible  QBing with an OC doing what he can to put the subpar QB in the best place to do as little damage as possible.   

Edited by Brock Streveler