GDT: Bombers @ Asshats

JCon

8 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

He was subpar today and in a few other starts. He was good in a couple as well. Not saying Fajardo is good but he looked indisputably terrible every time he got a chance in his first two seasons and now bare minimum he moves the ball and gives his team a chance to win most nights. We can’t forget that Streveler is 24 and only started two seasons in college. He’s extremely raw. Once again, he very easily could end up being terrible but even if he is, we didn’t know that at the time. Nichols had an extremely large sample size of mediocre at best play. Not that you can’t win with him, but I don’t love relying on luck and DST scores to win games. 

You kinda ran around alot of bushes on that post.. 

Still didnt really defend your stance on Strev giving us a better chance at winning NOW did ya? 

Edited by Dodge and Burn

Just now, Dodge and Burn said:

You kinda ran around alot of bushes on that post.. 

Still didnt really defend your stance on Strev giving us a better chance at winning did ya? 

The bottom line is we’re never going to agree on this. We will never know how Streveler would have fared against the crap teams Nichols played or how Nichols would have fared over the past six weeks. To me, it’s clear the red flags were there for Nichols as well and he was regressive heavily before he got hurt. You’re free to disagree but you haven’t raised a single point outside of “Nicholz had seven winz!!!!”

3 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Dang, lucky we won any games this year?

I think you're just PO'd with this team and venting your anger on Streveler. You're blowing off the fact that Nichols won against inferior competition and lost against superior competition (Hamilton) just as Streveler is now. 

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

The bottom line is we’re never going to agree on this. We will never know how Streveler would have fared against the crap teams Nichols played or how Nichols would have fared over the past six weeks. To me, it’s clear the red flags were there for Nichols as well and he was regressive heavily before he got hurt. You’re free to disagree but you haven’t raised a single point outside of “Nicholz had seven winz!!!!”

What matters beyond "winz" 

Just now, J5V said:

I think you're just PO'd with this team and venting your anger on Streveler. You're blowing off the fact that Nichols won against inferior competition and lost against superior competition (Hamilton) just as Streveler is now. 

Sorry but just pointing out what soo many people where crying and whining for, Strev to replace Nichols.  

It hasn't worked out. Not saying its all om Strev but the masses got what they were cryinf for...now its not just simple as the QB

Well we aint winning NOW which i think is more important that the Doc Brown fantasy you just said. 

The whole point is that Nichols’ 7-2 wasn’t a sustainable 7-2. And he’s damn lucky he got hurt or you’d be seeing the same results with him and there’s be no chance he gets brought back next season over the mystique of “mayyyybe we were just one Nichols injury away from dominating our way to the cup!!”

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

The whole point is that Nichols’ 7-2 wasn’t a sustainable 7-2. And he’s damn lucky he got hurt or you’d be seeing the same results with him and there’s be no chance he gets brought back next season over the mystique of “mayyyybe we were just one Nichols injury away from dominating our way to the cup!!”

More Doc Brown fantasy is all...

Strev has not won us games. What else matters? 

11 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

But he wins every year? And every year he’s out we lose. That’s not a coincidence. 

Sorry but just pointing out what soo many people where crying and whining for, Strev to replace Nichols.  

It hasn't worked out. Not saying its all om Strev but the masses got what they were cryinf for...now its not just simple as the QB

Don't be sorry, we're all PO'd and you are certainly correct in stating that the problem runs deeper than simply inserting Streveler for Nichols. Anyone who thought it was that simple is wrong.

Y'know, the players really do get a raw deal. Every week they have to lay it out there for all to see and it's very easy to point to their play and criticize. We all do it. The coaches OTOH tend to get a pass because we don't get to see what they do or don't do behind the scenes. It takes a lot longer to know if there's a problem with a coach, especially if he's being covered for by his boss. I really think we need to look at this coaching staff.  Even Bob Irving is starting to ask some of the tough questions and frankly, I don't like the answers he's been getting.

12 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Damned lucky he got hurt??? 

spock GIF

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

It’s not. It’s a fact since he’s been here. Although be my guest. 

I concede that Nichols has started a number of games that the Bombers have won over the past three years. That’s not really something I can deny. The concept that he’s a “winner” due to the quality of his own play is what can be disputed. 

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

I concede that Nichols has started a number of games that the Bombers have won over the past three years. That’s not really something I can deny. The concept that he’s a “winner” due to the quality of his own play is what can be disputed. 

We’ve been dreadful without him going back to 2016. 

26 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I’m sorry but being better than Brian Brohm, Robert Marve and Dan Lefevour isn’t going to win him any awards. 

It has nothing to do with other quarterbacks.. in 2016 he was 8-4, 2017, 12-6, and this year 7-2 I’m not sure what his record was last year but I know we were below 500 when he came back and finished 10-8. Simply put he’s won a lot of games when no one else has. 

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

It has nothing to do with other quarterbacks.. in 2016 he was 8-4, 2017, 12-6, and this year 7-2 I’m not sure what his record was last year but I know we were below 500 when he came back and finished 10-8. Simply put he’s won a lot of games when no one else has. 

I don't think anyone would question Nichols if he was still the QB from 2016 and 2017...

Nichols can still win games but now he can singlehandedly lose games too... its not straightforward anymore - big play D/ST has been the difference in most of our winning games

You really have to wonder how any HC worth his salt could sign off on that offensive game plan tonight?

They basically put the game on Strev's arm? We are the best rushing team in the league playing the biggest game of the year in windy conditions and you put the game on Strev's arm?

I'm completely blown away by the level of incompetence on the part of O'Shea & Lapo in preparing for this one.

Heads have to roll in the off season. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Do you consider a win a good performance by the QB regardless of his raw numbers? I mean no disrespect or sarcasm, I’m genuinely curious.