GDT: Bombers @ Asshats

JCon

5 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

I'm not sure people thought he'd be way better...more like he'd bring more variety to the game plan. Unfortunately I think many casual observers are starting to realize that regardless who our QB is we're going to have difficulty succeeding with LaPo calling the games.

That being said Chris is hanging on to the ball way too long...but...ironically that was one of the knocks on Matt too. I don't know why that is. Just about every other team's QBs manage to get off  a lot of really quick passes. Slants...hitches (with blocking in place). Matt's upside was eating it or throwing it out if he didn't feel comfortable. Chris tries to force it.

I feel for Chris. I have no doubt he's feeling an incredible amount of pressure to take what was billed as a Grey Cup contender all the way which I think influences some of his poor decisions. He's trying to make up for some pretty suspect play calling with some pretty suspect decisions. Not a great combo.

Fair enough, just had to make my point  stand out a bit more haha. What I don’t understand is that Nichols went from a strong passer in 2016,2017 and parts of 2018 to this year. I agree both qbs have been holding the ball way too long and it comes back to hurt us. It seems that the only thing that is constant is Lapo poor play calling at times, with receivers having trouble getting open. I think both qbs could find success with a different system.

1 minute ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Ok, how about hard results... 

Strevs wins vs Nichols, 

Your response:

My response is that’s an extremely simplistic narrative when there are countless other factors at play. If you can’t see it, there’s really no chance of having a measured conversation. 

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

My response is that’s an extremely simplistic narrative when there are countless other factors at play. If you can’t see it, there’s really no chance of having a measured conversation. 

But when Nichols was under center it was less "countless" for you right?.... smh...

4 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Ok, how about hard results... 

Strevs wins vs Nichols, 

Your response:

5 of Nichols wins were against BC, Ottawa and Toronto.  Context matters.  Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying we are better off with the way Strev has played lately but it not as simple as you portray it.

But when Nichols was under center it was less "countless" for you right?.... smh...

Look, I recognize you’re not the type of person who can engage in a nice friendly debate but how many of Nichols’ wins were against the three worst teams in the league? And how many touchdowns did the defence or special teams score in those wins? That’s a good place to start. 

3 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Look, I recognize you’re not the type of person who can engage in a nice friendly debate but how many of Nichols’ wins were against the three worst teams in the league? And how many touchdowns did the defence or special teams score in those wins? That’s a good place to start. 

Im pointing out how you were one of the most vocal people calling for Strev to replace Nichols.

Im assuming you thought it would result in better results for the Bombers. 

Just simply pointing out it was wrong. 

Just now, Dodge and Burn said:

Im pointing out how you were one of the most vocal people calling for Strev to replace Nichols.

Replacing a known commodity who is subpar (Nichols) with an unknown commodity who may or may not be subpar (Streveler at the time) is something I will always unapologetically advocate for. 

Shocking. The 9 year Vet who had Sp Tms and D help to beat OTT BC Tor 5 of 7 wins... Has a better record than the 2nd yr guy who was a gimmick QB at first.. With a few starts playing the better teams. Real shocker. 

Nichols.. Strevs.. Irrelevant.. Its the OC 

8 hours ago, Booch said:

We will win..sask doesnt match up well against us..and I still think media are over rating them..why I dont know

Fajardos floaters will be ripe for picking with a real DB at safety..Alexander's presence back in the lineup is huge regardless of where he lines up

Also..our lines will dominate theirs again for 3rd straight game and that's where we will win it..plus we havnt played them with Harris yet..and they were lucky to get 1 win..and got blown away in their loss..I'm not concerned one bit truth be told 

Lol 😂 

6 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Replacing a known commodity who is subpar (Nichols) with an unknown commodity who may or may not be subpar (Streveler at the time) is something I will always unapologetically advocate for. 

So when does Strev venture into subpar territory? 

Like I said earlier, too many fans like the shinny new object, and are blinded by it. 

We were  7-2 before the Strev took over...facts is facts. 

31 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

We won with Nichols didnt we? 

Nope, Nichols didn't play the Riders this season.

Nichols' played the soft part of the schedule and his wins came against the worst teams in the league -- BC, Ottawa, Edmonton, and Toronto. Streveler likely cashes in those wins too. Nichols also beat Bo-less Calgary throwing for 0 TDs and running for 2 yards so he doesn't get much credit there. As soon as Nichols played a good team like Hamilton he was throwing picks and looked awful.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

Nope, Nichols didn't play the Riders this season.

Nichols' played the soft part of the schedule and his wins came against the worst teams in the league -- BC, Ottawa, Edmonton, and Toronto. Streveler likely cashes in those wins too. Nichols also beat Bo-less Calgary throwing for 0 TDs and running for 2 yards so he doesn't get much credit there. As soon as Nichols played a good team like Hamilton he was throwing picks and looked awful.

Dang, lucky we won any games this year?

2 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Like I said earlier, too many fans like the shinny new object, and are blinded by it. 

He was subpar today and in a few other starts. He was good in a couple as well. Not saying Fajardo is good but he looked indisputably terrible every time he got a chance in his first two seasons and now bare minimum he moves the ball and gives his team a chance to win most nights. We can’t forget that Streveler is 24 and only started two seasons in college. He’s extremely raw. Once again, he very easily could end up being terrible but even if he is, we didn’t know that at the time. Nichols had an extremely large sample size of mediocre at best play. Not that you can’t win with him, but I don’t love relying on luck and DST scores to win games. 

In football or any real team sport... Wins and Losses do not come down to 1 guy.. Its a fact we were 7 and 2 but it's irrelevant without the context of how we were 7 and 2. In those 2 u can likely put the Ls on the QB.. Even in some wins he wasnt great.. Hell Streveler had to come in to run the clock down with 115 or so left just to secure a win. 

The W/L record as QB is irrelevant.