GDT: Bombers @ Asshats

JCon

5 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Both QBs get a ton of hate, some deserved and some not. It just seems to me that Streveler struggling has made people revert to the idea that Nichols will bring this team success rather than the more likely scenario that this team has no good QBs on the current roster. 7-2 under Nichols was very clearly a mirage based on an easy strength of schedule and timely scores on D and special teams. In Streveler starts, the Bombers have one defensive and one special teams touchdown. That plays a massive role. And again, not excusing the play of Streveler at all. 

I agree there is tons be upset about with both qbs and things to like about each. It’s also easy to say Nichols wouldn’t/ would have made a difference when he didn’t play these game at all. We’re talking about events that didn’t happen and pretty sure no one here can see into different timelines haha.

Let's remember the announcement was made that we are not bringing in another qb....'no  plan to bring one in'...says the gm and coach.....That was the signal that this season is over........One playoff win in the last 5 yrs.....30 yrs. plus without a Cup...I wonder how that's going to go down with the faithful...Not well and the knives are starting to be unsheathed as we post I would say

Edited by Stickem

Just now, Tiny759 said:

I agree there is tons be upset about with both qbs and things to like about each. It’s also easy to say Nichols wouldn’t/ would have made a difference when he didn’t play these game at all. We’re talking about events that didn’t happen and pretty sure no one here can see into different timelines haha.

I can. We aren't good on O with Nichols either. We kick 4 or 5 FGs.. Lose by less. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, that doesn't count because the Streveler supporters said he was better than Nichols so there's no free passes for him. You can't say on one hand Streveler is better & we'll play better with him starting & then when things crash down it's because he has little experience. Can't have it both ways. 

There are times when he gets a game plan suited to his strengths and he looks like a juggernaut. He’s a guy who can take over a game and make something happen. That’s been born out already.

Can you say the same thing about Nichols?

I’m not disagreeing that we likely would have a better record with Nichols .. but I’m also not confident he’ll take us further than we’ve been already.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It truly is. Not to mention hed have to learn our O in a day or 2 so your trading for a guy who isnt great because? I mean if u want to win u need a legit Vet.. Kevin Glenn. 

Kevin Glenn is the very definition of desperate and unworthy of a professional ball team. MBT isn't the answer for 2020 but right now you have to something realistic. 

3 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

That’s all fair. 

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

Kevin Glenn is the very definition of desperate and unworthy of a professional ball team. MBT isn't the answer for 2020 but right now you have to something realistic. 

In the CFL? You sign a dude to the PR . they did. 

The fact is other shitty QBs wont help our Shitty Predictable mind Boggling O move the ball. 

When the D plays like they did tonight, Nichols wins, period.  The team has lost 3 games in a row, which is bad enough, but in two of those games they beat themselves.  Montreal a failure by the D, Sask a failure by the O.

And whoever is complaining about the D tonight needs to just go to bed. 

Just now, voodoochylde said:

There are times when he gets a game plan suited to his strengths and he looks like a juggernaut. He’s a guy who can take over a game and make something happen. That’s been born out already.

Can you say the same thing about Nichols?

I’m not disagreeing that we likely would have a better record with Nichols .. but I’m also not confident he’ll take us further than we’ve been already.

All things being equal, it comes down to LaPo's offense & playcalling.  Put Nichols in a Tommy Condell offense with those Ti Cat receivers & he easily has a thousand more yards passing. Same with Streveler. He'd actually get some qb coaching & probably would be a lot better. Our qbs are stuck in a slow, ponderous & unimaginative  offense with an OC who sucks the life out of every player. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

All things being equal, it comes down to LaPo's offense & playcalling.  Put Nichols in a Tommy Condell offense with those Ti Cat receivers & he easily has a thousand more yards passing. Same with Streveler. He'd actually get some qb coaching & probably would be a lot better. Our qbs are stuck in a slow, ponderous & unimaginative  offense with an OC who sucks the life out of every player. 

My friend .. THAT I can agree with.

17 minutes ago, Esks1975 said:

Just started reading this on page 25 but did anyone else think that Saskatchewan was offside on the QB hit, fumble and turnover?

I thought the play calling was poor, Harris was under-utilized and every team will want to make Streveler throw the ball. On the big Demski interception on one of the replays from behind the QB it looked like Adams was open on the right side before Streveler threw the ball.

In real-time, yes i thought he was offside, but after watching the replay and rewinding to watch again, he was onside... Timed his run really well. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lapo is what he is...  curls, hooks and 'safe' check downs

Janarion Grant beat Calgary not Lapo...  Streveler beat Sask only because Lapo was forced to out of his safe zone for one game - now he's back to forcing Streveler to play pocket passer or fullback

24 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

I think the op is just pointing out the double standard, that Nichols got a lot of unwarranted hate, while lots loved strev and thought he would be way better than Nichols.

I'm not sure people thought he'd be way better...more like he'd bring more variety to the game plan. Unfortunately I think many casual observers are starting to realize that regardless who our QB is we're going to have difficulty succeeding with LaPo calling the games.

That being said Chris is hanging on to the ball way too long...but...ironically that was one of the knocks on Matt too. I don't know why that is. Just about every other team's QBs manage to get off  a lot of really quick passes. Slants...hitches (with blocking in place). Matt's upside was eating it or throwing it out if he didn't feel comfortable. Chris tries to force it.

I feel for Chris. I have no doubt he's feeling an incredible amount of pressure to take what was billed as a Grey Cup contender all the way which I think influences some of his poor decisions. He's trying to make up for some pretty suspect play calling with some pretty suspect decisions. Not a great combo.