GDT: Bombers @ Asshats

JCon

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Funny how the downhill slide started with the Nichols injury. You know, that shitty qb who can't throw? I just remember how giddy some fans here were that he was hurt & gone for the season. No problem, Big Chris will carry us. He's way better. Yeah, right.  This season is done. 

Nichols is just as Teflon to some as Streveler is to others. The downhill slide very coincidentally started when the Bombers stopped playing the three worst teams in the league. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Funny how the downhill slide started with the Nichols injury. You know, that shitty qb who can't throw? I just remember how giddy some fans here were that he was hurt & gone for the season. No problem, Big Chris will carry us. He's way better. Yeah, right.  This season is done. 

Yeah, but it's not like the offense was really firing when he was here. That's on Lapo. He did a great job of protecting the ball but couldn't connect downfield consistently. I feel that's on Lapo too. 

Just now, AKAChip said:

Nichols is just as Teflon to some as Streveler is to others. The downhill slide very coincidentally started when the Bombers stopped playing the three worst teams in the league. 

We would be the worst team with Streveler playing so I have no idea about your logic. You just keep pumping our running qb tires all the way to the WDSF loss. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yeah, but it's not like the offense was really firing when he was here. That's on Lapo. He did a great job of protecting the ball but couldn't connect downfield consistently. I feel that's on Lapo too. 

We were 7-2. First place & now...?? Yes, it's on LaPo. He neutered a veteran qb. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We would be the worst team with Streveler playing so I have no idea about your logic. You just keep pumping our running qb tires all the way to the WDSF loss. 

Easy for you to say when he hasn’t played a single game against B.C., Ottawa or Toronto. And an odd thing to say considering he’s beaten Edmonton and Saskatchewan as well. Streveler was bad today. Terrible. Full stop. But Streveler struggling does not make Nichols a good QB. 

Edited by AKAChip

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You are assuming that it would be better if Nichols was not injured. The deficiencies in the team were becoming evident even before he went down. And the coaching has remained the same.

Just now, AKAChip said:

Easy for you to say when he hasn’t played a single game against B.C., Ottawa or Toronto. And an odd thing to say considering he’s beaten Edmonton and Saskatchewan as well. Streveler was bad today. Terrible. Full stop. But Streveler struggling does not make Nichols a good QB. 

Sorry but from what I've seen I'll take Nichols back in a heartbeat. 

5 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I think the op is just pointing out the double standard, that Nichols got a lot of unwarranted hate, while lots loved strev and thought he would be way better than Nichols.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

You are assuming that it would be better if Nichols was not injured. The deficiencies in the team were becoming evident even before he went down. And the coaching has remained the same.

I'll agree with you on the coaching. It has been brutal. We never talked much about deficiencies before the Nichols injury. We were definite Grey Cup favourites. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'll agree with you on the coaching. It has been brutal. We never talked much about deficiencies before the Nichols injury. We were definite Grey Cup favourites. 

There were those in this forum who expressed concerns even early in the season.

1 minute ago, Tiny759 said:

I think the op is just pointing out the double standard, that Nichols got a lot of unwarranted hate, while lots loved strev and thought he would be way better than Nichols.

Both QBs get a ton of hate, some deserved and some not. It just seems to me that Streveler struggling has made people revert to the idea that Nichols will bring this team success rather than the more likely scenario that this team has no good QBs on the current roster. 7-2 under Nichols was very clearly a mirage based on an easy strength of schedule and timely scores on D and special teams. In Streveler starts, the Bombers have one defensive and one special teams touchdown. That plays a massive role. And again, not excusing the play of Streveler at all. 

Just started reading this on page 25 but did anyone else think that Saskatchewan was offside on the QB hit, fumble and turnover?

I thought the play calling was poor, Harris was under-utilized and every team will want to make Streveler throw the ball. On the big Demski interception on one of the replays from behind the QB it looked like Adams was open on the right side before Streveler threw the ball.

Just now, Esks1975 said:

Just started reading this on page 25 but did anyone else think that Saskatchewan was offside on the QB hit, fumble and turnover?

I thought the play calling was poor, Harris was under-utilized and every team will want to make Streveler throw the ball. On the big Demski interception on one of the replays from behind the QB it looked like Adams was open on the right side before Streveler threw the ball.

An Esks fan has figured our offense out. Imagine what a good DC will do? 

5 minutes ago, Esks1975 said:

Of course he was offside. There was also illegal blocks. Punter interference (whatever that's called). Holding. Etc. It's the Riders. 

Just now, voodoochylde said:

The difference between a 9 year vet and a guy who has had a handful of pro starts.

No, that doesn't count because the Streveler supporters said he was better than Nichols so there's no free passes for him. You can't say on one hand Streveler is better & we'll play better with him starting & then when things crash down it's because he has little experience. Can't have it both ways.