Week Of: Bombers @ Asshats

Noeller

has anyone analyzed bomber blitzing?

Seems like whatever they do is mainly ineffective.

I've noticed Bighill slammming into O lineman, center or guard just like they had Hurl doing, to no effect.

Been watching that for years now. Maybe it'll work eventually.

Also, if it's true that some players aren't trying, they should be benched.

Edited by Mark F

By all account, Rios was awful last game... and this week promoted to SAM, which is more tougher position. Possibly covering for either Roosevelt or Williams-Lambert. Don't like it. 

Bailey will be the healthy scratch again. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

21 minutes ago, Mark F said:

has anyone analyzed bomber blitzing?  Seems like whatever they do is mainly ineffective.

I've noticed Bighill slammming into O lineman, center or guard just like they had Hurl doing, to no effect. Been watching that for years now. Maybe it'll work eventually.

Also, if it's true that some players aren't trying, they should be benched.

This sure as spit sounds like a poor coaching scheme. Benching under-performing players does not seem to be in the playbook. 

18 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

By all account, Rios was awful last game... and this week promoted to SAM, which is more tougher position. Possibly covering for either Roosevelt or Williams-Lambert. Don't like it. 

Bailey will be the healthy scratch again. 

I'm guessing you don't remember how well Gaitor played the HB spot last year?

I'm not saying Rios is a shoe in for defensive all star now. But it is possible for players to perform better at one spot then another. Example...Gaitor.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I'd let Bighill or whoever is the defensive captain/leader call the majority...not unheard of, and also they have a better feel for game and whats working/not and who is having certain issues that sometimes doesn't get communicated from field to sideline...and vice versa

The players know the dfense..the plays...and what they are most comfortable with..they can get input from the spotters but they can make the calls based on the looks the other team is showing..sometimes like we have seen...Coordinators wayyyy over think things and don't just let the players play...especially with whats working...keep it simple...react to the plays....

If they did this... you’re saying there’s a chance they won’t empty the flats allll the time hmmmm

3 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

If they did this... you’re saying there’s a chance they won’t empty the flats allll the time hmmmm

hahaha...yup...I know the defense tho would play more in check/tune with how the game is going, and based on what the offense is trying to do..a defense doesn't have to be spoon fed what to do..especially one with experienced guys like ours..and it almost alludes a bit to what Leggett was talking about a bit....hinting that the players voices may not be heard as much, or allowing them to influence play calls to mesh with whats working/not working

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

You are saying that Bighill is underperforming?

Nope, In fact I think he gets over looked a lot by people who only look at gawdy stats. You quoted someone talking about the perceived lack of pressure when Bighill blitzes. Saying the coaches dont bench under performing players. Why is Bighill under performing?

18 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm guessing you don't remember how well Gaitor played the HB spot last year?

I'm not saying Rios is a shoe in for defensive all star now. But it is possible for players to perform better at one spot then another. Example...Gaitor.

You could be correct Rios may surprise us! 

I always thought he was destined and built for SAM...He seems to work better in the close confine coverages...more so than out in space and having to choose his main responsibility...at SAM he will know exactly his responibilty and will add a lot more physicality than Gaitor

Alexander was the guy getting picked on before he got injured.  I think there’s too much average in our secondary right now, particularly at the HB spots, not a lot of guys comfortable in the scheme of playing up top and coming downhill to make plays on the ball.

Nothing really changes for D rotation, need one NI or Hansen on the field at all times.  Probably still see quite a bit of Hecht when they load up the DL.

FYI - The weather in Regina for Saturday afternoon/evening:

High of 11, feels like 8.

Mainly sunny ---> Moves to cloudy in the evening

20% POP --->. Moves to 40% in the evening but less than 1mm of rain

Wind: 29 w Gusting to: 48

Edited by JCon

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

Harris's first game against the Rider's...He will be very up for this and run roughshod...he always has good games against them...big factor being overlooked if you ask me

Also Alexander will I bet get a pick or 2 on Fajardo's floaters he tosses up for deep shots...

I hope you are right about Harris..... because the same prediction was made when he returned.  But he didn't dominate.