Week Of: Bombers @ Asshats

Noeller

32 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Its a fair question - and probably something the league should look at it they want to encourage more participation from Globals...  I think Hansen is the only one contributing really

It was a fair question back in June when it was asked and answered a dozen times. Internationals are Internationals....Nationals are Nationals.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Having Alexander back in secondary will be huge and especially at safety, as Hecht has shown he is not pro-caliber there. Especially since the last 2 weeks we have been deemed very porous in the middle deep third, so teams may be planning for that, but having an athletic "experienced leader" there now may prove to be pretty bountiful this week as Fajardo's balls deeper down the field are very pickable.

Gaitor I think has been knicked for a few weeks now and has been beaten pretty badly last few games, so sitting him for whomever...even if it is Rios who has looked suspect last couple games will be a positive...I think he is better suited for that spot anyway and may have been a victim of Hecht and the communication issues...guess we will see if this safety switch changes things..I think it is gonna

As for Strev..he did what he could and his play wasn't the teams downfall..and maybe now lapo will see he can push ball downfield if need be, but not make him have to sit back there and prove it over and over...just let him play his game that he did previously against the Rider's and we will be just fine. Hamilton is somewhat under estimated for some reason and even without Masolli are a top 1 team in the league and their coaching staff make them even stronger.....They are a far superior team to the Rider's in all areas, and I expect a similar game against them as the first 2, and us walking away with another win against them, and it being a game where we never were really in any fear of losing...

As the Bombers have proven in games against Toronto and Montreal, having better and more talent does not mean you are going to win. The coaching also has to be factored in, and I think (and the record shows) that the Riders have been the better team overall than the Bombers. You are what your record says you are.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

As the Bombers have proven in games against Toronto and Montreal, having better and more talent does not mean you are going to win. The coaching also has to be factored in, and I think (and the record shows) that the Riders have been the better team overall than the Bombers. You are what your record says you are.

So both teams then in essence are equal? ..same amount of wins, and 1 and 1 between them based on that.

I don't think the Rider coaching staff is better than any other really...and all are pretty much similar, just a better person running the show in other places..and a few coordinators who are exceptional, tho I don't think the Bombers or the Rider's have exceptional coordinators by any stretch.

9 times out of 10 the team with better talent will win, and a lot of times the notion of a Head Coach being the reason for win's is a bit over played...highly over valued if you ask me.

As long as a HC isn't prone to continually making boneheaded decisions, and knows the CFL game and intricacies...then you should have no real issues

1 hour ago, Booch said:

So both teams then in essence are equal? ..same amount of wins, and 1 and 1 between them based on that.

I don't think the Rider coaching staff is better than any other really...and all are pretty much similar, just a better person running the show in other places..and a few coordinators who are exceptional, tho I don't think the Bombers or the Rider's have exceptional coordinators by any stretch.

9 times out of 10 the team with better talent will win, and a lot of times the notion of a Head Coach being the reason for win's is a bit over played...highly over valued if you ask me.

As long as a HC isn't prone to continually making boneheaded decisions, and knows the CFL game and intricacies...then you should have no real issues

If you look at the past 6 games, the Bombers have regressed and the Riders have progressed. I think its obvious that the Riders have less talent, but their coaches have managed to figure out how to make Fajardo look like a legit quarterback. Its not all on the head coach, but ultimately if his subordinate coaches cannot adjust their game plans and if a poor player keeps getting starts (ie:Hecht)  when even fans know that he is a problem, then it falls to the head coach. O'Shea can get a Mulligan for the first two or three years but the honeymoon is long over. 

Edited by Tracker

Play time is over for the Bombers.

Now is the time to put the Big Boy pads on and get back some of that swagger we so easily gave up these last couple of games.

It’s serious now. Win, and nipeg fits in nicely.

Lose..well, we don’t want to go to that ugly part of sports and yakety-yak talk.

We only want to be talking one sport, for now, at this time of year, and the Bombers have to make it Football.

Get focused..play Bomber football...and take back 1st place.

That’s all we ask

...for now.

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Now is the time to put the Big Boy pads on and get back some of that swagger we so easily gave up these last couple of games.

Lose..well, we don’t want to go to that ugly part of sports and yakety-yak talk.

We only want to be talking one sport, for now, at this time of year, and the Bombers have to make it Football.

That’s all we ask

...for now.

is this supposed to be a poem or something? 

12 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Axiom:

The Bombers are better than the Riders.

isn't that just a Truism...?

*edit* -- I suppose they're basically the same thing...

Edited by Noeller

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

Its a fair question - and probably something the league should look at it they want to encourage more participation from Globals...  I think Hansen is the only one contributing really

He's definitely the crown jewel of year one of the canadian global initiative. In future years I believe the main source of talent is going to come from NCAA grads who qualify as Global players. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

That’s all we ask

...for now.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

is this supposed to be a poem or something? 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Doesn’t even effin rhyme

It's a hit song!!!!

https://gn-api-res.s3.amazonaws.com/melobytes_com/melobytes/0bff20c1f1edf6a4a2187e997db6f82a0c4b3d641e5afe8851ad53c5d8f65420/melobytes.mp4

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I don't think O'Shea makes bonehead decisions but Hall & LaPo sure do.