Week Of: Bombers @ Asshats

Noeller

Lets hope Ritchie Hall is a scratch for the game. If you can't practice you can't play!

The bombers are considering changing the ratio with Alexander taking reps at safety.  Does anyone know if Thedric Hanson could be part of a rotation of having himself, Kongbo, or Thomas on the defensive line at all times or if he basically counts as an american?

16 minutes ago, do or die said:

A lot of talk round these parts about how inferior the Riders are.   In the crunch (this game) we have to go out and prove it.

I am not one that believes the Riders are an inferior team. I think they have made significant improvements over last years team. I believe their DL compares with ours. Their secondary is better at least IMHO. I believe our OL is better and our running game is better. However they have decided edge in their receiving corps. I think we have an edge in Special Teams. I believe this game will prove who they are and who we are. I am just afraid that in a close game - The Richie Hall defense will yet again let us down.

23 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Lets hope Ritchie Hall is a scratch for the game. If you can't practice you can't play!

The bombers are considering changing the ratio with Alexander taking reps at safety.  Does anyone know if Thedric Hanson could be part of a rotation of having himself, Kongbo, or Thomas on the defensive line at all times or if he basically counts as an american?

-Richie Hall has a family emergency that he's dealing with.......be cool, for once.

-Thiadric Hansen is German....not Canadian. 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Roh should be the priority, that's their strongest DE rotation.

IMHO our best O-line production was with Gray and Speller at the guard positions.  The play execution was pretty good, but missing of late is the agitator factor Gray brought to the line.  In his starts he was living rent free in the opposing d-lines’ heads.

A shame there is an issue keeping them from going back to that... be it injury or personnel management...

I would like to see Gray back in the lineup and Hecht out. Hopefully coach Hall is okay from a personal standpoint.

This is such an unbelievably huge game, we win this and much of the bad will from the last two weeks will be forgotten about. We lose this game? We're likely stuck in third place and a large number of Bomber fans will either hit the panic button or exit stage left. 

Hopefully O'Shea has the guys ready to play, I really thought we'd come out and pummel Hamilton after the Montreal debacle. This is an absolute must win game for us.

Yeh beating on the riders for a win this weekend would sure make up for some of the bad play lately.  

My rider family( through marriage) in Saskatchewan,  who love to shoot their mouths off as much and as bad as any rulk type maroon on riderfans,  well they scheduled a family wedding on the same day as the game lol...... they emailed to make a wager last week,  so I asked about the wedding on the same day ...... and I am still waiting for a response lol.... too funny.  

35 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Guess we'll find out how good or bad Fajardo is against our defense. And how well Streveler plays as well to prove O'Shea's confidence in him. A ton is on the line in this game. 

Imagine if fjardo gets knocked out of this game? Rider fans would be calling for the life of every first born in manitoba. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Guess we'll find out how good or bad Fajardo is against our defense. And how well Streveler plays as well to prove O'Shea's confidence in him. A ton is on the line in this game. 

O'Shea doesn't have a choice right now lol.....  matts shoulder is still gimpy

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Yeh beating on the riders for a win this weekend would sure make up for some of the bad play lately.  

My rider family( through marriage) in Saskatchewan,  who love to shoot their mouths off as much and as bad as any rulk type maroon on riderfans,  well they scheduled a family wedding on the same day as the game lol...... they emailed to make a wager last week,  so I asked about the wedding on the same day ...... and I am still waiting for a response lol.... too funny.  

Wait, you're betting on the game or the marriage? 

6 hours ago, BBRT said:

I am not one that believes the Riders are an inferior team. I think they have made significant improvements over last years team. I believe their DL compares with ours. Their secondary is better at least IMHO. I believe our OL is better and our running game is better. However they have decided edge in their receiving corps. I think we have an edge in Special Teams. I believe this game will prove who they are and who we are. I am just afraid that in a close game - The Richie Hall defense will yet again let us down.

It would seem to be a pretty reasonable assessment.

20 hours ago, Noeller said:

-Richie Hall has a family emergency that he's dealing with.......be cool, for once.

-Thiadric Hansen is German....not Canadian. 

Im aware he's German and not Canadian. Not Cool! :P  Clearly what i'm asking is whether or not a Global player is basically treated like a designated import or whether they could come in for a Canadian starter.

20 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Im aware he's German and not Canadian. Not Cool! :P  Clearly what i'm asking is whether or not a Global player is basically treated like a designated import or whether they could come in for a Canadian starter.

Its a fair question - and probably something the league should look at it they want to encourage more participation from Globals...  I think Hansen is the only one contributing really

Having Alexander back in secondary will be huge and especially at safety, as Hecht has shown he is not pro-caliber there. Especially since the last 2 weeks we have been deemed very porous in the middle deep third, so teams may be planning for that, but having an athletic "experienced leader" there now may prove to be pretty bountiful this week as Fajardo's balls deeper down the field are very pickable.

Gaitor I think has been knicked for a few weeks now and has been beaten pretty badly last few games, so sitting him for whomever...even if it is Rios who has looked suspect last couple games will be a positive...I think he is better suited for that spot anyway and may have been a victim of Hecht and the communication issues...guess we will see if this safety switch changes things..I think it is gonna

As for Strev..he did what he could and his play wasn't the teams downfall..and maybe now lapo will see he can push ball downfield if need be, but not make him have to sit back there and prove it over and over...just let him play his game that he did previously against the Rider's and we will be just fine. Hamilton is somewhat under estimated for some reason and even without Masolli are a top 1 team in the league and their coaching staff make them even stronger.....They are a far superior team to the Rider's in all areas, and I expect a similar game against them as the first 2, and us walking away with another win against them, and it being a game where we never were really in any fear of losing...