GDT - Little Kitties @ Blue Bombers

JCon

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It still comes down to the concept that the truth of our lives is not in what we say but what we do. And O'Shea has kept and defended his coordinators for years in the face of good evidence that they are not doing the job.

The unfortunate part is that there is evidence out there that they do do their jobs, at least statistical evidence. If they were clearly awful it would be different, but it's that they are capable of doing good things but have their issues which prevents them from being the best. 

Honestly it's probably just a case of both coordinators failing to truly adapt to the modern game and are stuck running their stuff that was pretty effective a decade ago. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

The unfortunate part is that there is evidence out there that they do do their jobs, at least statistical evidence. If they were clearly awful it would be different, but it's that they are capable of doing good things but have their issues which prevents them from being the best. 

Honestly it's probably just a case of both coordinators failing to truly adapt to the modern game and are stuck running their stuff that was pretty effective a decade ago. 

"Doing their jobs" is not good enough, particularly when other teams can rebuild on the fly and compete. That is damning with faint praise. Would you go repeatedly to a restaurant that consistently served mediocre food? 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

"Doing their jobs" is not good enough, particularly when other teams can rebuild on the fly and compete. That is damning with faint praise. Would you go repeatedly to a restaurant that consistently served mediocre food? 

Hey I'm on record as never wanting those coordinators in the first place because their MO was well known and I didn't like it. 

But I'm also not going to blindly ignore the things that they do bring to the table. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Hey I'm on record as never wanting those coordinators in the first place because their MO was well known and I didn't like it. 

But I'm also not going to blindly ignore the things that they do bring to the table. 

yes but when the things they bring to the table is not eatable then it time to get new coordinators who can bring things to the table that are acceptable. Both have had long enough to accomplish what is required and both have failed IMHO.

From the Argofans board; 

O'Shea's contract is up at end of season: should Argos pursue him as and/or GM/HC

With the debacle this year and last, it is time for the Argos to give serious consideration to who should be GM and HC next year. With Mike O'Shea's contract up this year, and Kyle Walters saying there will no contract extension talks with O'Shea until the season is over, Mike O'Shea heads my list of candidates for one or both jobs.

Vultures are circling. Not sure what Chamblin is making but Trestman was reportedly $600,000 per. Big payday ahead for O'Shea one way or the other. Hopefully not to be used against the Bombers in negotiations. Maybe Ambrosie has a plan to try and help the Argos and they think O'Shea is part of it. Would be like tossing them an anchor imo but likely would have good entertainment value.

Sounds like Argo fans knows more than Bomber fans.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Bluto was saying a long time ago that the Bombers were just training Walters and Osh until they were ready to come and win championships with the Argos. Can't let it happen. 

Hell, I would help O'Shea pack, but Walters has done a very good job, especially considering that he was a rookie GM when he stepped into the job. That is not to say that he is irreplaceable, but its hard to fault Walters on the basis of the body of his work thus far.

3 hours ago, Carlos Harper said:

With the debacle this year and last, it is time for the Argos to give serious consideration to who should be GM and HC next year. With Mike O'Shea's contract up this year, and Kyle Walters saying there will no contract extension talks with O'Shea until the season is over, Mike O'Shea heads my list of candidates for one or both jobs.

3 hours ago, JCon said:

It sounds like a desperate fan with conspiracy theories. 

I see a hope/suggestion...where is a conspiracy implied?  

21 hours ago, Tracker said:

Hell, I would help O'Shea pack, but Walters has done a very good job, especially considering that he was a rookie GM when he stepped into the job. That is not to say that he is irreplaceable, but its hard to fault Walters on the basis of the body of his work thus far.

Why doesn't Oshea get the same treatment? He walked into the same mess Walters did. And was also a rookie HC?

21 hours ago, Tracker said:

Respectfully disagree about the job Kyle Walters has done.

His best move has been to blow the sms overpaying free agents along with the loyalty re-signings that they seem to like so much. 

Personally feel O'Shea is a better coach than Walters is as a general manager. If one goes the other needs to follow. Time for Wade Miller to pass the torch as well.

Nope...this is all insanity. The Trinity have finally brought some respectability back to the franchise and year after year of competitive football teams, and you guys want to blow it up. Don't be morons...this is why we can't have nice things!

2 hours ago, Carlos Harper said:

Respectfully disagree about the job Kyle Walters has done.

His best move has been to blow the sms overpaying free agents along with the loyalty re-signings that they seem to like so much. 

Personally feel O'Shea is a better coach than Walters is as a general manager. If one goes the other needs to follow. Time for Wade Miller to pass the torch as well.

None of this makes any sense.

Edited by Bigblue204

I was a little young when Bud Grant left for Minnesota. I had just really only started following the Bombers a couple of years before & all I knew was he won Grey Cups. I didn't know much about the CFL at that time or Bomber history so his leaving didn't upset me after the 1966 season. However, all Bomber fans at that time older than me were sure sad. But there was nothing they could do.

I do remember Ray Jauch leaving for the USFL's Washington Generals in 1982. He damned well announced he was leaving during the mid point of that season while still coaching here which is the height of arrogance. He became a lame duck coach. Someone who ran out on his city, his team, his players & the fans. All for money. As a fan, I felt angry & betrayed. especially as we were knocking on Grey Cup's door. We had a very, very good football team & Jauch just walked away..... to a last place team in a failing new league. Not a lot of people shed a tear for Ray Jauch after he left. The question became, "How are we going to replace Ray Jauch & with whom???" I'll let you answer that question as all of you should know what happened.

Bottom line is if a coach wants to leave then let him. Just move on. 

How many years do you give a coach? O'Shea has had more than enough, respectability isn't good enough in professional sports, the goal is to win a championship and if he can't get it done after 5 or 6 years it's time to move on, otherwise you end up stuck with the Lapo's and Hall's of the world.