GDT - Little Kitties @ Blue Bombers

JCon

16 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Saskatchewan has a better QB and a far better DC - even if they had a Door Knob as DC. They will kick Toronto butt today - where we lost and we go into their barn soon and will probably keep the score close until Richie Hall fails yet again. Hence my thinking the Riders are a better team than the Bombers.

As for me today is a great day 3 CFL games on, lots of NCAA football and tomorrow I get to watch the Bears-Vikings game along with the Browns and Pats play. Great weekend for football here in Calgary. I also just purchased two tickets for the Grey Cup! Not sure who will be there but thinking Calgary vs. Hamilton.

I disagree very much with this entire assessment. Saskatchewan is not better on both sides of the ball. Our lines are far superior to theirs and that was evident in both games against them. That's where Hamilton and Calgary I don't argue. They can match the Bombers in the trenches and it allowed Hamilton to win, but Sask? Not a ******* chance. We are a superior team to them no question about it. 

14 minutes ago, do or die said:

We "protect" against the deep ball (see last week, as well).....yet still get toasted deep.   What a joke.

There’s no safety help coming - you could see that on the sayles/Addison long ball

if loffler or almost anyone is our safety that’s broken up or intercepted - well placed but it sailed

10 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Hopefully some players sit next game and some other players get to play.  Lots of lazy efforts on the field last night.  

Watching Adams during and between plays, last......if that is going to be the effort level, going forward......then he should sit.   Try Fenner or Boomer at S.   Lucky and Demski can be switched out.  ....we have good options sitting on the bench.

From 7-0 to 9-5 in a wink of an eye.  From a mid-season slump to a late-season slump heading to a post-season slump.  Not funny I know but neither is the fact the guys we pay to guide the team to a cup have the team running around like chickens with their head cut off.  These people are not holding up their part of the agreement.  Fortunately, they are blessed with the best fans in the country but at some point these fans won't want to watch this kind of football. 

12 minutes ago, LeBird said:

From 7-0 to 9-5 in a wink of an eye.  From a mid-season slump to a late-season slump heading to a post-season slump.  Not funny I know but neither is the fact the guys we pay to guide the team to a cup have the team running around like chickens with their head cut off.  These people are not holding up their part of the agreement.  Fortunately, they are blessed with the best fans in the country but at some point these fans won't want to watch this kind of football. 

I ended up fast-forwarding almost the entire game.  With a Jets game, they throw up a stinker it's not as big a deal, there are 83 other games.  The Bombers can't afford to come out and play that bad.  It just feels like that loss to Montreal damaged these guys and now they are just not into it anymore.  Hamilton just rag-dolled us.  

17 minutes ago, LeBird said:

I had plans in the works to be out in Calgary and stick around for the weekend to see the game in a few weeks... my dad was going to come out there, brother in from BC and go watch a good game!  After last night, that whole plan has been scrapped.  Why waste the money to go watch Bo Levi probably throw for 500 on this secondary. You know the frustration is peaking when you've got 20, 30, 40 year season ticket holders that are seriously considering not renewing next year!  I talked to several long time fans after the game last night, and the feeling is consistent.  This coaching staff needs to be blown up!

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I ended up fast-forwarding almost the entire game.  With a Jets game, they throw up a stinker it's not as big a deal, there are 83 other games.  The Bombers can't afford to come out and play that bad.  It just feels like that loss to Montreal damaged these guys and now they are just not into it anymore.  Hamilton just rag-dolled us.  

The difficult part is that Hamilton has our number in the first loss as well...  this game was simply a repeat of the same issues without any adjustments

my worry is that Lapo is checked out and Hall is just incompetent 

1 hour ago, BBRT said:

The Hamilton team played more conservative in the second half - They full well knew that playing against a Richie Hall defense they could crank it up again any time they wanted to. Hamilton is just a far far better team on both sides of the ball than Winnipeg, as is Calgary and Sask as far as I am concerned. You will never ever win anything of importance as long as you have Richie Hall as your DC. There is no way in the world we could have pulled this one out. I doubt we will win many more. Make the playoffs and one and done is what is in store for this club. Maybe they will fall into the cross over and then get pounded out east.

Did you read my post? I said that the offence was given a chance to win the game as the defence limited the cats offence in the 2nd half.   Not happy with the defence at all but the offence was given the opportunity to pull the game out but couldn’t put any points on the board except for a medlock fg.  

This is why we lost!

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Did you read my post? I said that the offence was given a chance to win the game as the defence limited the cats offence in the 2nd half.   Not happy with the defence at all but the offence was given the opportunity to pull the game out but couldn’t put any points on the board except for a medlock fg.  

This is why we lost!

The QB draw on 2nd and 15 was when I stopped watching 

35 minutes ago, Floyd said:

There’s no safety help coming - you could see that on the sayles/Addison long ball

if loffler or almost anyone is our safety that’s broken up or intercepted - well placed but it sailed

While I agree on your assessment of the lack of safety help....Loffler was perhaps a better version of Hecht, his ability to cover was marginal.

29 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

While I agree on your assessment of the lack of safety help....Loffler was perhaps a better version of Hecht, his ability to cover was marginal.

Loffler would have been there to destroy Addison as soon as he caught the ball...  Leggett in his prime would have intercepted it

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I disagree very much with this entire assessment. Saskatchewan is not better on both sides of the ball. Our lines are far superior to theirs and that was evident in both games against them. That's where Hamilton and Calgary I don't argue. They can match the Bombers in the trenches and it allowed Hamilton to win, but Sask? Not a ******* chance. We are a superior team to them no question about it. 

I guess we shall see next week. I think our OL is better but our DL and theirs are pretty close to each other. They do have a better receiving corps and a far better secondary. And to add to that they do not have Richie Hall - that by itself is worth at least 2TD's for them. I think it will be a close game but in the end the Richie Hall defense will yet again crap the bed!

there's gotta be some NFL cuts available that we can scoop up.... we've gotta have some cap space with Nichols off the books for the season!  Get a couple DBs in here now so we can do something about this.  Our secondary just looks like they don't even want to be out there!  Awful tackling, and just flat out terrible coverage.  Uninspiring only begins to describe their play of late!

5 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

there's gotta be some NFL cuts available that we can scoop up.... we've gotta have some cap space with Nichols off the books for the season!  Get a couple DBs in here now so we can do something about this.  Our secondary just looks like they don't even want to be out there!  Awful tackling, and just flat out terrible coverage.  Uninspiring only begins to describe their play of late!

I’m not sure talent or lack there of is our biggest problem.  The talent is there but deployment of that talent is an issue and play calling.

Bringing in nfl cuts at this time is not going to help our current problems.  

My thoughts...

Hamilton played a MUCH more physical game than us, AGAIN... They won the battles in the trenches all night long. If there was a team I'd want to emulate, it would be them.

Lapo sucks (old news). I hope he gets a head coaching job somewhere else.

I think our O could benefit from giving Augustine some reps in the second half. I love Harris, but I just feel like he fades at the end of the game a bit. Augustine came in for two plays while Harris went off injured, and looked good. He ripped off a 12 yard reception and a 9 yard run. A little bit of Augustine could be a good thing.

Has Lucky done anything since week 2? I'd swap him for Bailey.

Lalwler is good!

Sub Petermann for Demski. Not sure why we don't see more of Petermann, he looks good whenever he sees the field.

Hect... just no.

Bighill just doesn't look like the same impact player this year. If his name wasn't Bighill I'd be calling for him to be benched. I sure hope he can turn it around.

44 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Loffler would have been there to destroy Addison as soon as he caught the ball...  Leggett in his prime would have intercepted it

Sadly those pages have been turned. That being said then there was a failure to find adequate replacements...yet people continually think that Hall is to blame. He is given what he is given to use....you can’t make steak out of chicken sh....t.

19 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

NFL cuts are not going to help us, unless it is a guy who has played in the CFL already. NFL cuts who have never seen the CFL game before need to come in and learn the differences in the game. Guess what, the guys on our practice roster were also NFL cuts once, just last year's class. They are actually better off because they have learned our system.