GDT - Little Kitties @ Blue Bombers

JCon

56 minutes ago, Mark F said:

starting to seem like La Police is not the person to help a quarterback thrive and gain confidence.

Streveller is going backwards, started full of confidence and fire, and already looks defeated.

LaPolice working for TSN was absolutely great for his career. They constantly praise him despite the results...

Suitor: Well Chris, LaPo is going to build an offense so his young quarterback can thrive.

Bombers run Harris up the middle, resulting in 2nd and 9.

Suitor: That one didn't work but it definitely got the defense thinking. The good thing about LaPo is that he's going to be creative.

Streveler runs a QB draw for a short gain.

Suitor:  You can really see that Streveler needs to develop more as a passer. He's got some work to do.

[next series]

Suitor: Well I'm excited to see what the mad scientist Paul LaPolice will draw up here.

Bombers run a screen to Lucky Whitehead for a short loss.

Suitor: Look at how the offense stretched the defense there, that'll be setting them for up something later, I'm sure about that...

Bombers complete an 8 yard pass short of the sticks.

Suitor: This offense is dangerous Chris, that play was pretty close to making a first down.

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

As a footnote, in the post-game OB interview, O'Shea was very subdued and trotted out the usual pap but did admit that the team got pushed around. Couldn't say more until he watched the film. 

Yup, we saw what happens with this team, when they lose the battle at the LOS....both sides of the ball.   And it ain't pretty.

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Suitor didn't even know what he was talking about.

Full stop.

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

yeah but how many games would Matty win when the D rolls over and dies? 

I say again, Streveler was good, but the rest of the team was garbage. Did we have one return without a penalty? The D gave up like 300 yards before halftime. Puts the O behind the 8ball. 

But the defence played much better in the 2nd half. With a hint of offence in the 2nd half we may have been able to pull this one out. 

But streveler and the rest of the offence (Lapo) included shat the bed.  

Thats why we lost. 

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

But the defence played much better in the 2nd half. With a hint of offence in the 2nd half we may have been able to pull this one out. 

Thats why we lost. 

Yeah I don't assign the blame to streveler. Neither int was a real horrendous decision, they needed points and on the first one it was to avoid a big sack, the second was again trying to score when  it was getting desperate. Hamilton D schooled Lapo and their front 7 schooled our OL. That is how you lose games no matter what a qb does. Doesn't help either when receivers put the ball on the ground either.

44 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Thats why we lost. 

The Hamilton team played more conservative in the second half - They full well knew that playing against a Richie Hall defense they could crank it up again any time they wanted to. Hamilton is just a far far better team on both sides of the ball than Winnipeg, as is Calgary and Sask as far as I am concerned. You will never ever win anything of importance as long as you have Richie Hall as your DC. There is no way in the world we could have pulled this one out. I doubt we will win many more. Make the playoffs and one and done is what is in store for this club. Maybe they will fall into the cross over and then get pounded out east.

1 hour ago, Carlos Harper said:

Whoever is responsible for Jeff Hecht starting at safety and continuing to see the field needs to share the vision of what they are hoping to achieve. I doubt that person is Richie Hall. The sad part is they have gone with it all year. 

Fenner is playing out of position and would be an upgrade at safety imo. 150 defensive backs were just released from NFL camps.  Maybe when Alexander comes back, Hecht sits.

Never mind half time adjustments, mid season adjustments are tough for these guys.

What are the alternatives?  If they put an American at safety, can they rotate Canadians on the DL to make the ratio work?  Either Thomas or Kongbo would have to be on the field for every defensive snap.

I'm very sure they can't / won't put a Canadian at either offensive tackle position.  We're already seeing the results of Hardrick playing hurt at that position.

The final, and in my opinion the most likely option, is starting another Canadian receiver.  Demski, Petermann, Wolitarski, Harris, Augustine, are their options at receivers and RB.  That means 4 out of those 5 have to be on the field, leaving depth razor thin.

So, what are the alternatives?  An improvement at safety very likely means a loss at another position. 

I'm not worried.  Just enough games left to get things straightened out for a cup run.  Harris only managing 37 yards on 10 carries has got to be concerning though.... TSN mentioning him still possibly having a shot at an award and then he does that.

Edited by NorthernSkunk
Spelling mistake

This club is headed straight for the ditch.....Uninspired play (exception Lawler Harris and Streve) has taken hold....Even spread to Meds. who missed a chip shot...I'm going to say it now ...if we exit the playoffs early it will be time to clean house...We should be way beyond a third place finish and if that's the case the knives will be out...Time to break from this mess and hope the club can rebound BUT after last nights dismal performance I find that highly unlikely...Brutal that this club could be eclipsed by the riders heading for the Cup...This franchise should be embarrassed

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The hell has Saskatchewan done to earn that? Barely squeaked past us on labour day and got the ever loving **** kicked out of them the banjo bowl?

Saskatchewan has a better QB and a far better DC - even if they had a Door Knob as DC. They will kick Toronto butt today - where we lost and we go into their barn soon and will probably keep the score close until Richie Hall fails yet again. Hence my thinking the Riders are a better team than the Bombers.

As for me today is a great day 3 CFL games on, lots of NCAA football and tomorrow I get to watch the Bears-Vikings game along with the Browns and Pats play. Great weekend for football here in Calgary. I also just purchased two tickets for the Grey Cup! Not sure who will be there but thinking Calgary vs. Hamilton.

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

This club is headed straight for the ditch.....Uninspired play (exception Lawler Harris and Streve) has taken hold....Even spread to Meds. who missed a chip shot...I'm going to say it now ...if we exit the playoffs early it will be time to clean house...We should be way beyond a third place finish and if that's the case the knives will be out...Time to break from this mess and hope the club can rebound BUT after last nights dismal performance I find that highly unlikely...Brutal that this club could be eclipsed by the riders heading for the Cup...This franchise should be embarrassed

What did Harris do that was so great last night other than the easy TD ?..... he couldn't gain any extra yards on his own

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I don't think you can embarrass this franchise! Wade Miller and Kyle Walters are beyond being embarrassed. As long as 25K or so pay for tickets each and every home game they will just keep trucking along. New HC here and there, new OC and DC here and there. Few good players here and there - No Grey Cups since I can not remember when. They just keep trucking along same same.

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Desjarlais was getting absolutely turnstiled yesterday - mass confusion on the line...  what happened to the importance of continuity 

never played on a team, but stupid decisions like that probably affect the enthusiasm of the players. They know who can play and who can't.

Bombers might be the Bengals of the CFL. sadly.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Carlos Harper said:

Whoever is responsible for Jeff Hecht starting at safety and continuing to see the field needs to share the vision of what they are hoping to achieve. I doubt that person is Richie Hall. The sad part is they have gone with it all year. 

Fenner is playing out of position and would be an upgrade at safety imo. 150 defensive backs were just released from NFL camps.  Maybe when Alexander comes back, Hecht sits.

Never mind half time adjustments, mid season adjustments are tough for these guys.

Excellent assessment. Hecht got turned inside out on way deep play, he was way to shallow on another deep play. Attempting to cover his inability to cover is blitzing him which only is a trigger to a QB that can read cover zero. Rious...one can’t cover and two can’t tackle....put he was not alone in attempted arm tackles. Has anyone issued an amber alert for Bighill? Apart from his gimme interception he was virtually invisible. MOS saying the DBs played to far off the LOS....I guess that was to protect against the deep ball....opps. Never mind the LOS being owned by Hamilton on both sides of the ball. Ironic when you know Hamilton has no run game.

This loss doesn't feel any better or worse this morning. I feel total sense of Detachment from the season and the team right now. I've gone from being confident that if we win the West we can be in Calgary in November... To hoping that we can fluke it out in the playoffs like other teams have done to us in 07 and 01. I don't know who or what has cursed this organization, but I just know that we as the fans deserve a lot better.

Edited by White Out
Lots of voice to text mistakes