GDT - Little Kitties @ Blue Bombers

JCon

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

beer... but **** the haters, Streveler was good, rest of the bunch not as much. 

He wasn't that good. He gets a lot of slack here because so many posters hated Nichols & have been so vocal about it that they can't back down now & we know who these posters are. Did he get a lot of support from his teammates other than Lawler & Harris when he was used? Nope. Our line blocked like ****. Our receivers decided they weren't interested & LaPo called his usual crap conservative game. So, he didn't stand out but he wasn't the worst. He had a lot of company. Streveler did look angry & frustrated at the end. Something tells me he isn't getting a lot of help from LaPo or Buck during games.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

26 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He gets a lot of slack here because so many posters hated Nichols

He gets slack because he's shown promise and has only started 9 games. I doubt very highly Matt would have shown any better tonight with the same play calls.

Edited by Deiter Fan

13 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Strev is now 2-3

Matty 9-2 

I want a a qb that wins games...

yeah but how many games would Matty win when the D rolls over and dies? 

I say again, Streveler was good, but the rest of the team was garbage. Did we have one return without a penalty? The D gave up like 300 yards before halftime. Puts the O behind the 8ball. 

10 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Strev is now 2-3

Matty 9-2 

OK.... "Matty"  VS  BC, EDM, OTT, TOR, OTT, HAM (L), TOR (L),  CGY (vs Arbuckle in his 3rd start?), BC

Streveler... VS EDM, SK, SK, MTL, HAM

say what you want, but the Bombers (not Matt, not Strev) the team... had a much softer schedule earlier in the year, and now we're seeing the true colours.  Very talented team on paper, but can't thrive under it's current leadership.

Edited by trueBlue83

6 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Strev is now 2-3

Matty 9-2 

Nichols has one win vs a +.500 team and we needed two punt return TDs and a Winston Rose INT in the last minute to get that done.

Record of teams Nichols faced: 34-44

Record of teams Streveler has faced:

31-19

2 hours ago, White Out said:

Yeah it's just a coincidence that the bookends to Matt Nichols starts are sub 500 records.

Are you confident Nichols could win the LDC, @Montreal and  vs Hamilton?  Because nothing about his play this season gave me that confidence.  Sure puked up some TD passes on BC, Ottawa and Toronto (for a half each time), still couldn’t move the ball consistently against them, Bombers dominated field position/turnovers and our O did nothing against anyone else, even when we won.  Took a ton of sacks.  Best thing we can say is he didn’t turn it over much, but Streveler isn’t turning it over much either.

starting to seem like La Police is not the person to help a quarterback thrive and gain confidence.

Streveller is going backwards, started full of confidence and fire, and already looks defeated.

after the crisp td drive, nothing LaPolice did worked.

although hard to do anything when your  O line isn't good. This crap O line might be the biggest surprise to me.

Edited by Mark F

This team is so f****** frustrating. Three weeks ago we were first in points for and first in points allowed. WTF HAPPENED? How can a team **** the bed in every aspect so spectacularly? Its f****** mind boggling. I cant even fathom how far this team has collapsed in such a short period of time. Less than a month ago everything was clicking, we were Grey Cup favorites and sitting in first place. Now Jefferson=invisible Bighill=still invisible Entire Secondary=Cant cover. Is the Ebola virus going through the locker room? How an entire team can turn into garbage in a matter of weeks is beyond me. Its mind boggling. Maybe Noeller is right, this team is cursed.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Whoever is responsible for Jeff Hecht starting at safety and continuing to see the field needs to share the vision of what they are hoping to achieve. I doubt that person is Richie Hall. The sad part is they have gone with it all year. 

Fenner is playing out of position and would be an upgrade at safety imo. 150 defensive backs were just released from NFL camps.  Maybe when Alexander comes back, Hecht sits.

Never mind half time adjustments, mid season adjustments are tough for these guys.