Nichols out for the year

Jpan85

42 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Hwy 2 headed south from Edmonton... about a half a bag of chips’ drive and you’ll see the billboard for the Canadian Chapter of the Flat Earth Society...

Yep, I have met some of them.  Do not waste your time and energy arguing with them.

Anyone who disagrees with them is insane, and furthermore, is going to hell. 

When I was living in southern Alberta, I happened to meet a retired historian who had an insight into why Alberta and southern Alberta in particular is so like Alabama. Apparently after the American Civil war (and we know who lost that), a lot of disgruntled southerners went westward into what is now Montana along with slaves. When they found out that they could no longer keep slaves there, either, they had a collective hissy-fit and came up into the Milk River of Alberta area hoping that they could continue slavery there. When they could not, they decided to stay out of spite against their "oppressive" American government. Then the oil boom in the 20;s and 30;s came bringing scores of American oilmen from Texas and Oklahoma. And here we are.

36 minutes ago, Tracker said:

When I was living in southern Alberta, I happened to meet a retired historian who had an insight into why Alberta and southern Alberta in particular is so like Alabama.

does he have any insight into what's going on inside Richie Hall's head, or just how bad Nichols injury was?

unrelated, but somewhat on topic.... on the coach's show tonight, O'Shea responding to a caller who was disappointed how the football club has done nothing to bring in a marquee QB over the past couple decades basically just had an on air love fest over Nichols, stating how good he is, how good his record is and how he'll never back down from that opinion "well after I'm gone".   Wasn't sure what to make of that statement.  Tells me that there's no way Nichols won't be back next season if he's still around (which isn't his call), but the "after I'm gone" comment is interesting.   Conspiracy theorist can ponder, but maybe O'Shea is headed to Toronto, and Nichols won't be far behind!?  If in his mind, he's already checked out and headed back to Southern Ontario, that could explain the complacency lately!

Edited by trueBlue83

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

O'Shea saved Nichols career.  So did Richie Hall.  Our W-L since 2016 is nowhere near what it is without a defense that turns the ball over at a record rate from 2016-18.

I’m far from a Nichols fan, but if he doesn’t come in and play well for the 1-4 Bombers with the entire receiving core out O’Shea doesn’t make it through 2016. 

once again, the story is in the middle......Nichols fit in well with MOS and the co-ordinators. It was a really good "marriage" that we should all be incredibly thankful for. When you look back to where we were prior to this current run of success, I don't ever want to go back. Thank you to every player, coach and management person that has made it possible...

35 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I’m far from a Nichols fan, but if he doesn’t come in and play well for the 1-4 Bombers with the entire receiving core out O’Shea doesn’t make it through 2016. 

The bus ride to the stadium being uphill both ways was real tough too....

Whole receiving core out?  Seem to remember Dressler making some pretty big plays in that game in Edmonton.

Matt Nichols, from same interview, fully believes he’s in the prime of his career and that this setback will not affect his future performance. Couple that with the fact O’Shea remains a staunch supporter of his means that off season negotiations, going forward, will definitely include Nichols. 

If you take into consideration the regard they have for McGuire, that might mean Streveler is the odd man out..depending on how Streveler feels about the situation.

If Nichols stays, that could mean our current offensive schemes remain the same..as frustrating as they are. Of course, that depends who is running the offence as OC.

I’d say buckle up, as we could be in for a rough ride next year, as I don’t expect too many returnees, whether we win it all or not this year.

On the other hand, if we do buckle up, that means Pierce is running the Offence, and I don’t think I’d mind that. 🙂

1 hour ago, JCon said:

They're not bringing Nichols back. Streveler will be our number one QB going into next year. 

I disagree....I'm not sure yet, and I don't think they are either. I think if they CAN bring Nichols back ($$$) they will...

3 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Brace on one leg, possibly a weaker throwing shoulder,  plus all the issues to begin with...... Nah I think it's time to say thanks and move on.

I'm sure you do, but I'm also sure you don't know what you're talking about. They'll give him a shot in camp, I'm pretty sure, and see how he looks...

Just now, Noeller said:

I'm sure you do, but I'm also sure you don't know what you're talking about. They'll give him a shot in camp, I'm pretty sure, and see how he looks...

And really there is no need to dwell on it right now.  We got a parade to plan,  imagine big Chris hoisting the cup 3 feet above everyone's head going down portage ...  it would make Xmas even better !