Vernon Adams Jr suspended

captaincanuck12

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Yeah, the man's a saint... Eat a bowl of dicks, Vern.

I personally think it has more to do with the fact that they're playing BC this week. He's being all holier-than-thou about "accepting his punishment" but if it was Calgary they were playing, I'm wondering if he doesn't appeal...

48 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The refs. didn't see it.....LOL LOL....Why didn't they defer to the vaunted 'eye in the bloody sky' IF that was the case.....What a pile of crap...Do they think Bomber fans are mental midgets trying to sell that bull$hit....geez Don't insult our bloody intelligence

Deny, deny, deny. Seriously though.. what are they supposed to say? "Oops sorry guys we're totally incompetent, whoops!"

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

The refs. didn't see it.....LOL LOL....Why didn't they defer to the vaunted 'eye in the bloody sky' IF that was the case.....What a pile of crap...Do they think Bomber fans are mental midgets trying to sell that bull$hit....geez Don't insult our bloody intelligence

The ref clearly saw an infraction and threw a penalty because he was clearly watching the incident. I’m curious why he would be able to see enough to call a penalty but conveniently not see the helmet being swung.  Did the ref stop watching half way and assume it was done?  I have extensive experience reffing hockey and I can speak from my experience that a ref doesn’t usually miss this unless he was afraid to make a call that would set a team back as badly as this would have. 

14 minutes ago, Albertabomberguy said:

I have extensive experience reffing hockey and I can speak from my experience that a ref doesn’t usually miss this unless he was afraid to make a call that would set a team back as badly as this would have. 

I think that's exactly what's going on.  And I think some of the holding on the OL doesn't get called for the same reason.

CFL Headlines

Head CFL official admits referees erred by failing to eject Vernon Adams Jr.: The CFL’s director of officiating admitted Vernon Adams Jr. should have been tossed from the game for his helmet swing at Adam Bighill. “It’s a miss.

Although it can’t be confirmed, through any source, there was mention of allowing the games the Bombers play, to be two 1st halves played consecutively. No 2nd halves involved. I really do forget who mentioned it.

Derek Taylor (on 620 radio in Regina) was just going off on the CFL today for not throwing Adams out. He said absolutely the Bombers would have won if the right call was made. He interviewed Arash Madani who agreed and said the CFL needs to be held accountable. Taylor further commented that if the tables were turned and Bighill had hit Adams with his helmet "he would have been suspended for the entire year!"

8 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Derek Taylor (on 620 radio in Regina) was just going off on the CFL today for not throwing Adams out. He said absolutely the Bombers would have won if the right call was made. He interviewed Arash Madani who agreed and said the CFL needs to be held accountable. Taylor further commented that if the tables were turned and Bighill had hit Adams with his helmet "he would have been suspended for the entire year!"

Another advantage offense. Sheesh.

4 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Deny, deny, deny. Seriously though.. what are they supposed to say? "Oops sorry guys we're totally incompetent, whoops!"

Something like, "The Canadian Football League recognizes that mistakes were made from the on field officials to the Eye In The Sky. In order to maintain the integrity of  the league, we acknowledge that we must improve the level of officiating to ensure this does not happen again". That might help.

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Something like, "The Canadian Football League recognizes that mistakes were made from the on field officials to the Eye In The Sky. In order to maintain the integrity of  the league, we acknowledge that we must improve the level of officiating to ensure this does not happen again". That might help.

Just spoke to #CFL director of officiating Darren Hackwood about why Vernon Adams was not ejected for swinging his helmet at Adam Bighill. "It's a miss," he said. "It's safe to say that he should have been ejected for what he did."

They admitted they screwed up.  The rest of what you want are just platitudes.

45 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Also... this franchise has been struggling the last several years, and we need to ensure they are doing well and increasing attendance, so a winning record is paramount.   Oops, we didn't say that out loud, did we!?

39 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Just spoke to #CFL director of officiating Darren Hackwood about why Vernon Adams was not ejected for swinging his helmet at Adam Bighill. "It's a miss," he said. "It's safe to say that he should have been ejected for what he did."

They admitted they screwed up.  The rest of what you want are just platitudes.

4576912.gif

16 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Also... this franchise has been struggling the last several years, and we need to ensure they are doing well and increasing attendance, so a winning record is paramount.   Oops, we didn't say that out loud, did we!?

Don't forget we're trying to sell this team and we've already buried the story about alleged payments under the table.