Vernon Adams Jr suspended

captaincanuck12

I want our 2 points that the ref. helped extract from us....That was just bull$hit reffing and he should be called on it by the league...Adams should have been ejected from that game on the spot...Sure makes you wonder about this league sometimes and it's inner workings...Obviously they were trying to give the Als. all the breaks ...at our expense...That is just biased bull$hit

25 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I want our 2 points that the ref. helped extract from us....That was just bull$hit reffing and he should be called on it by the league...Adams should have been ejected from that game on the spot...Sure makes you wonder about this league sometimes and it's inner workings...Obviously they were trying to give the Als. all the breaks ...at our expense...That is just biased bull$hit

One missed call didn't cost us that game, a complete shitting of the bed did.  The entire second half was a gong show. 

Adams should not have been on the field after swinging the helmet at Bighill. It *may* have changed the outcome of the game (I'm not fortune teller).  The one thing I can say for certain is that win or lose, the Bomber collapse was inexcusable.

I suspect that the refs have a blindspot when it comes to QBs because it's not usually them doing suspension worthy things.

So I can give the onfield ref a pass, but why in gods name did the eye in the sky not see anything? 

Not that I'm making excuses for the loss or have any bitterness towards that. The loss was easily preventable with or with the Als dirty VAJ still being in the game. 

The loss was certainly avoidable IF we would have 'played' the ball we're capable of...BUT c'mon....the back-up qb. the Als. have is not Adams calibre and that last td they scored I'm going to suggest would have been very much in doubt from what I've seen of the Als. this year...The missed 'intent to injure' is more important...Even up time when they play here in a couple of weeks...I just hope we get better reffing

BS....., if we could see it they could see it.

I watched the game just like everyone else and while I *believed* he hit Bighill with the helmet and deserved an ejection, I didn't actually see the helmet hitting Biggie.

We could infer that he was hit but without clear evidence of that how can they toss a team's starting QB?

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Agreed. Apparently there was not evidence for the on-field refs to eject Adams but there was enough later to suspend him??????

BINGO!

The notion that the ref that saw the helmet ripping and called the penalty...who ran up into the camera frame a second after Adams swung the helmet...didn't see it is utter BS.

3 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I watched the game just like everyone else and while I *believed* he hit Bighill with the helmet and deserved an ejection, I didn't actually see the helmet hitting Biggie.

We could infer that he was hit but without clear evidence of that how can they toss a team's starting QB?

One need not see contact...nor should it matter if contact was made...to eject for ripping off an opposing player's helmet and swinging it at him.

Helmets get ripped off all the time in the sport of football. **** happens. It's usually a 15 yard penalty.

Players lids go flying on the regular.

Just to be clear, I'm not disagreeing. I believe Adams should have been tossed but if a referee didn't see it (and you have to take their word or simply accept their incompetence) and there's not enough video evidence to support "Oh ****, he hit him with the helmet?!?" how can you make a call that will very likely dictate the outcome of the game?

4 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Helmets get ripped off all the time in the sport of football. **** happens. It's usually a 15 yard penalty.

Sure, but from the footage you can see it wasn't incidental, it was deliberate. I think the fact the game was in Montreal played into this, the scenario reminds me of the questionable non-call in the Music City Miracle for the Titans in the NFL - the question of whether or not the play was a lateral was very close (much closer than Adam's infraction), but seriously...

What happens in that stadium if you overturn the call there (or comparatively, eject Adams Jr.)?