NHL Injury Watch 2019/20

FrostyWinnipeg

Wonder if Chevy takes a cap dump off someone else's hands to allow them to make moves at the deadline in exchange for some draft/prospect capital.  Vegas is a team that immediately comes to mind with some forwards that are pending UFA's eating up cap space and a real need to add on D...Eakin, Reaves, Merrill (know he's a D but total pylon).

Something like...Eakin and New Jersey's 3rd rounder for someone who can be buried in the minors like Logan Shaw, Sbisa whoever.  Lets VGK open up cap space to make another move on a rental D.

Guess that kind of maneuvering depends on the Jets realizing they aren't contenders this season.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Niku will be traded as a package this summer - he's definitely in Mo's doghouse now...

Looks like we're dead set to keep Wheeler on the top line... and now he has his 2C with Eakin...  Mo gonna Mo

He's injured or he would have played the other day. The kid has been injured on and off all year. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

He's injured or he would have played the other day. The kid has been injured on and off all year. 

Yeah I think Maurice just feels being hard on young players is part of their development.  before Niku was pulled for injury, Maurice said that with Morrissey out, Niku was the obvious replacement due to his skill.  So I think he likes him.

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah I think Maurice just feels being hard on young players is part of their development.  before Niku was pulled for injury, Maurice said that with Morrissey out, Niku was the obvious replacement due to his skill.  So I think he likes him.

Mo says a lot of things ha...

Niku has been replaced by Heinola and DeMelo in the top 4 - I'd package him in a trade for a top 4 RD - maybe Colin Miller or something like that

Maybe Niku sticks as our 3rd RD... but I doubt Mo wants a 'scoring D' on the third pairing over Poolman