NHL Injury Watch 2019/20

FrostyWinnipeg

Sorry guys, I THOUGHT I saw a tweet this morning saying Scheifle picked up a major injury. I didn't check the date of the attachment which I should have. Just assumed that was what happened. I did think it was odd that he suffered the same injury against the same team. Didn't put 2 & 2 together. More than just a little embarrassed here. 

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sorry guys, I THOUGHT I saw a tweet this morning saying Scheifle picked up a major injury. I didn't check the date of the attachment which I should have. Just assumed that was what happened. I did think it was odd that he suffered the same injury against the same team. Didn't put 2 & 2 together. More than just a little embarrassed here. 

No worries. We got you. 

drunkuncle.jpg

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Buffalo Chronicle strikes again.

35 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I personally think the injury story would explain why he's playing so poorly this season.   I think I'll have to face the reality that this team isn't very good right now.

How has he been playing poorly this season? He's got 5 points in 7GP and his possession numbers are among the best on the team (and were sitting at career highs for him personally). Despite the injury he sustained during the pre-season, he was having a very nice start prior to Tuesday's horrific incident.

18 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

How has he been playing poorly this season? He's got 5 points in 7GP and his possession numbers are among the best on the team (and were sitting at career highs for him personally). Despite the injury he sustained during the pre-season, he was having a very nice start prior to Tuesday's horrific incident.

Wan't @captaincanuck12 referencing Sheif? 

1 hour ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I personally think the injury story would explain why he's playing so poorly this season.   I think I'll have to face the reality that this team isn't very good right now.

The team has played .500 hockey since last Xmas.

Sounds like a Taylor Swift song, "Last Christmas you gave it your hardest but the very first game gave it away."

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

50 minutes ago, JCon said:

Wan't @captaincanuck12 referencing Sheif? 

Yes referencing Schiefs.   His play has considerably regressed since the All-star game of last year.  He may have 7pts in 5 games... but the game against the NJD, he was responsible for losing the puck battle in the first period to a relative no-name player and guess what happened next... the puck ends up in our net!    The fact is that line has been outplayed,  outworked and hemmed in their zone the majority of the time they were on the ice.   He's a -6 this year .     Was -4 against Anaheim , and -1 against NJD. 

6 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Yes referencing Schiefs.   His play has considerably regressed since the All-star game of last year.  He may have 7pts in 5 games... but the game against the NJD, he was responsible for losing the puck battle in the first period to a relative no-name player and guess what happened next... the puck ends up in our net!    The fact is that line has been outplayed,  outworked and hemmed in their zone the majority of the time they were on the ice.   He's a -6 this year .     Was -4 against Anaheim , and -1 against NJD. 

Thanks for clarifying and my bad for assuming. The stats I listed were Little's, not Scheifele's.

He and Wheeler have been colossally disappointing so far this season. I can't figure it out but neither are playing smart two-way hockey right now, which is bad because they're both leaders on this team.

49 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Thanks for clarifying and my bad for assuming. The stats I listed were Little's, not Scheifele's.

He and Wheeler have been colossally disappointing so far this season. I can't figure it out but neither are playing smart two-way hockey right now, which is bad because they're both leaders on this team.

Yah sorry about the confusion.  I'll provide better context next time.   And couldn't agree with you more!