Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Eternal optimist

1 hour ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

This right here... 

I keep telling myself the football gods are about to drop 30 years of glory and plentiful championships on the Bombers, just to keep the universe from imploding.

Well...according to the accepted laws of physics the expansion of the universe should have slowed, stopped and began to retract at some point. Instead it continues to accelerate to the point that cosmologists theorize that at some point in the distant future our descendants will look skyward and not see one single star. 

In short...the universe doesn't make any more sense than this team.

33 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Monday morning, two days later. I find myself getting angrier instead of getting over it. Can't help but feel we pissed away our chance at first place this weekend. Hurts, man.

It's not even that, I believe they can still get first place by taking care of business when they play the Stamps, the thing that keeps me pissed off about this one is that it's exactly the same thing that caused them to gas the Toronto game. You can make that mistake once but you start making it multiple times it's a problem that clearly wasn't corrected. 

correct me if I'm wrong but we are still in first...win next week which is a given because this team is pissed beyond belief right now and we are still in first, Montreal coming here will receive the same game Sask got from a pissed team that knew they shouldn't have lost and that has us at 11 wins...I truly don't see Sask beating us in 2 weeks...even in their crapper bowl of a stadium, and if we split with CGY...we stayed in first...wire to wire...thats how I see it panning out...so correct me if I'm wrong then...lol

1 minute ago, Booch said:

correct me if I'm wrong but we are still in first...win next week which is a given because this team is pissed beyond belief right now and we are still in first, Montreal coming here will receive the same game Sask got from a pissed team that knew they shouldn't have lost and that has us at 11 wins...I truly don't see Sask beating us in 2 weeks...even in their crapper bowl of a stadium, and if we split with CGY...we stayed in first...wire to wire...thats how I see it panning out...so correct me if I'm wrong then...lol

You sir have more faith than I do. I truly believe Lapo can neuter any amount of anger. 

I have faith...but also have been in a locker room and know how players think..feel..react...and I wouldn't be shocked with Streveler utilizing his option to call an audible if he doesn't like what he see's and take the bull by the horns....and no thats not going rogue by any stretch...

Given riders soft schedule, that horseshoe entire horse stuffed up their collective asses and the fact the football gods seem to love shitting on this team- the riders will get first place with a bye and a home playoff game. 

It seems to me that type of season... shoot me now.

1 hour ago, Fraser said:

I think if we'd stayed in the East we would have won a cup by now.

If nothing else, we'd have been in the dance with more regularity than we have been since Miller took over.

It's easy to second guess the decision to stay or move though, especially when you see how weak that division is.  The positives: we were compensated for the move (the club needed this at the time) and we have more 'traditional rivalries' in the West.  But how would the draft have played out these last years?  We'd have finished higher consistently  .. wouldn't have had the same selections, may not have been able to select the talent we did or build the depth we have.  

I'm fine taking our lumps but dammit, I do want a Grey Cup win.

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Given riders soft schedule, that horseshoe entire horse stuffed up their collective asses and the fact the football gods seem to love shitting on this team- the riders will get first place with a bye and a home playoff game. 

It seems to me that type of season... shoot me now.

I mean this in the nicest way possible ..

Just shut your mouth and get that **** out of here.  Don't *ever* speak that sort of nonsense into existence. 

Carry on! 😉

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I have faith...but also have been in a locker room and know how players think..feel..react...and I wouldn't be shocked with Streveler utilizing his option to call an audible if he doesn't like what he see's and take the bull by the horns....and no thats not going rogue by any stretch...

isn't that what got Joey Elliott run out of town on a rail? He called out Lapo's bullshit?

3 hours ago, Booch said:

correct me if I'm wrong but we are still in first...win next week which is a given because this team is pissed beyond belief right now and we are still in first, Montreal coming here will receive the same game Sask got from a pissed team that knew they shouldn't have lost and that has us at 11 wins...I truly don't see Sask beating us in 2 weeks...even in their crapper bowl of a stadium, and if we split with CGY...we stayed in first...wire to wire...that's how I see it panning out...so correct me if I'm wrong then...lol

We're standing on the outside looking in, but the players are living this crap playcalling and feeling the sting of games they ought to have won. How long before they give up and start losing on-field discipline? Doug Brown talked about the time (in the Jim Daly era, I think) when the defensive coaching was so inept that the defense would huddle on the field after each play and decide among themselves on what to do. Are we there yet?

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

We're standing on the outside looking in, but the players are living this crap playcalling and feeling the sting of games they ought to have won. How long before they give up and start losing on-field discipline? Doug Brown talked about the time (in the Jim Daly era, I think) when the defensive coaching was so inept that the defense would huddle on the field after each play and decide among themselves on what to do. Are we there yet?

Also in that era, R. Wickman and a couple of other D players on OB, saying that they really didn't know what was going on.   Irving was somewhat speechless, at that point

On ‎2019‎-‎09‎-‎22 at 11:27 PM, Deiter Fan said:

Well...according to the accepted laws of physics the expansion of the universe should have slowed, stopped and began to retract at some point. Instead it continues to accelerate to the point that cosmologists theorize that at some point in the distant future our descendants will look skyward and not see one single star. 

In short...the universe doesn't make any more sense than this team.

Our sun will have burnt out long before that.

23 hours ago, Tracker said:

Wins create buy in. Comparing the Daley era to now is a massive over reach. First place teams don't check out like you are suggesting. I mean seriously, one loss and you think we may be at the point of the coaches losing the room? C'mon man....these are professionals, they are not fickle like fans are.

I can guarantee you that even a team as talented as ours would be in last place right now if the players didn't have a ton of faith in their coaches. One loss does not erase that good will and faith.

Edited by gcn11

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

No one's getting fired with a 9 and 4 record or even been warned. Yet. 

No kidding. Some of these comments are just bizarre. It was a terrible half of football to be sure but seasons are 18 games, not 2 Q of football. We are in first place in a very talented West division. Some people are acting like we are 0-13.

11 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

No kidding. Some of these comments are just bizarre. It was a terrible half of football to be sure but seasons are 18 games, not 2 Q of football. We are in first place in a very talented West division. Some people are acting like we are 0-13.

Some people have watched the CFL for a long time and have seen this song and dance from these coordinators before.