Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Eternal optimist

We just clinched a playoff position! Despite that horrendous loss, at 9-4, it is impossible for Toronto (2-10), Ottawa (3-10), or BC (3-10) to catch us, we have punched our ticket to the post-season party! Just trying to keep things positive, step away from the ledge, boys, one loss does not a season make!

14 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

**** this best record in the West

Fuucking morons 

I totally get people feeling dejected and pessimistic after losses like this especially when they are not isolated instances...and I totally get people choosing to remain positive even after losses like this regardless how often they occur.

What I will never get is people seeming to taking negative comments directed at the team personally and lashing out at commenters.

Edited by Deiter Fan

11 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

We just clinched a playoff position! Despite that horrendous loss, at 9-4, it is impossible for Toronto (2-10), Ottawa (3-10), or BC (3-10) to catch us, we have punched our ticket to the post-season party! Just trying to keep things positive, step away from the ledge, boys, one loss does not a season make!

That is good news, now just need to finish first in the west and all is forgiven. 

Just in case nobody noticed...I can feel the stumps breathing down our necks..That was the perfect game to put 'some' space between us and we coughed it up.....Anymore slip ups like that and we can kiss the home field playoff game .....goodbye....Hopefully Cal. will have a hiccup down the stretch and we 'slide' in 

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think they can lose one more and it can’t be vs Calgary or Sask to end up in 1st.  Lose 2 out of those 3 and probably looking at 3rd place.

Interestingly enough, all of the top teams this weekend jumped out to massive leads (HAM was up 24-0, CAL was up 17-0), but only we managed to choke it away, the others found a way to win.

Our schedule does us no favours, with the rubber match against SSK in Regina, and 2 games against CAL who've looked much scarier with Mitchell back. On the plus side - the win by BC this weekend increases the chance of a crossover - which could help us, hopefully BC makes a go of it, worst case down the stretch is BC takes a dive whilst EDM clinches the crossover, then EDM has nothing to play for in the back-to-back against SSK to close out the season.

Personally, I think 1st in the West may all come down to the home game on the October 25th against the Stamps - at this point, that might be best-case scenario.

7 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Interestingly enough, all of the top teams this weekend jumped out to massive leads (HAM was up 24-0, CAL was up 17-0), but only we managed to choke it away, the others found a way to win.

Our schedule does us no favours, with the rubber match against SSK in Regina, and 2 games against CAL who've looked much scarier with Mitchell back. On the plus side - the win by BC this weekend increases the chance of a crossover - which could help us, hopefully BC makes a go of it, worst case down the stretch is BC takes a dive whilst EDM clinches the crossover, then EDM has nothing to play for in the back-to-back against SSK to close out the season.

Personally, I think 1st in the West may all come down to the home game on the October 25th against the Stamps - at this point, that might be best-case scenario.

Everyone but 1-3 in the West are almost locked in IMO.  Couple weeks it’ll be official.

13 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

So you are saying that this loss was all part of a plan....interesting 

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Everyone but 1-3 in the West are almost locked in IMO.  Couple weeks it’ll be official.

Well, Montreal can still catch Hamilton for 1st in the East. BC is technically still alive, but at a minimum, they'd have to win 4 of their remaining 5, they'd also need outside help - EDM would have to essentially lose out and they'd need to sneak in on the crossover (EDM holds the tiebreaker in the season series). OTT and TOR, despite having equal or worse records than BC, are also still alive, due to how weak the East is, they each could still catch MTL for 2nd. Though again they'd need outside help, TOR needs to practically run the table at this point, though they could feasibly still lose 1, if they beat MTL by more than 6 in their 2nd of 2 against them, they'd hold the season tiebreaker. OTT's chances are just as much on life support, though they still have a rubber match against the Als, so they too could still lose 1 of their remaining 5.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No reason to think this season won't end the same as the last few. Making the playoffs isn't good enough anymore. We have to win the Grey Cup.

I would settle for being in the Cup game and even if we lose a close game. In a one-game winner-take-all, anything can happen, but getting there is non-negotiable for me.

Edited by Tracker

28 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

After 29 years why can't we demand a Cup? It should be our time.  The Argos have won twice since 2010 which is total bullshit.

This right here... 

I keep telling myself the football gods are about to drop 30 years of glory and plentiful championships on the Bombers, just to keep the universe from imploding.