3 stars plus HH Sacre bleu

wbbfan

O'Sh blew it on the last drive in my view. Should have taken the holding penalty and forced a longer field. And call your timeout when your D was in complete disarray and we got schooled.

And the defensive performance was horrendous. If we had played prevent defense properly we win. Wrap up and tackle. Ugh.

58 minutes ago, kschach said:

O'Sh blew it on the last drive in my view. Should have taken the holding penalty and forced a longer field. And call your timeout when your D was in complete disarray and we got schooled.

And the defensive performance was horrendous. If we had played prevent defense properly we win. Wrap up and tackle. Ugh.

The blitz was either not getting through or VAJ was stepping away from it.  This left the secondary in one on one situations most of the time.  As soon as the first tackle was missed, everyone else had to run a long way to get there. With the front 4 we have Hall could drop 8 men into coverage when they play prevent. Why the cuss he blitzes more than once or twice in prevent is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

He sits in a booth for 60 minutes, no question

Definitely not that good at it 

I'd rather listen to other team's broadcasts.

But he has been doing it forever so he has the job no matter what 

I don’t know, Irving is hands down  my favourite PBP guy ever.

I am shocked that we’re not unanimous in this 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Who's better?  I mean other PBP guys yell louder but you can't beat Bob's concise description. 

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

This is so insane of a statement I can't even understand what you're a talking about. Not only is he BY FAR the best in the league right now, he is the best there has ever been.... Period. He is the very definition of the word "legend"... He's the most respected CFL media guy among his peers in the league. 

As both a fan, and someone who dissects radio broadcasts for a living, I can tell you better than most that Bob Irving is OUTSTANDING. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

This is so insane of a statement I can't even understand what you're a talking about. Not only is he BY FAR the best in the league right now, he is the best there has ever been.... Period. He is the very definition of the word "legend"... He's the most respected CFL media guy among his peers in the league. 

As both a fan, and someone who dissects radio broadcasts for a living, I can tell you better than most that Bob Irving is OUTSTANDING. 

I think he is way bad.

He is the Bob Cole of the CFL

3 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

What does this mean, exactly?

Essentially, to help broadcasters get better, I listen to their work with them and point out things they did well, and things they can improve upon. It's called airchecking... Just one small part of my job. 

7 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I think he is way bad.

He is the Bob Cole of the CFL

You might think he is getting to be old, but even then he is still way better than any other broadcaster doing CFL games. Like it is embarrassing how bad other teams play by play is. Truthfully it's Doug Brown that is the weak link on cjob.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You might think he is getting to be old, but even then he is still way better than any other broadcaster doing CFL games. Like it is embarrassing how bad other teams play by play is. Truthfully it's Doug Brown that is the weak link on cjob.

Accurate on all accounts. And I like Big Bird (as a broadcaster) but Dave's statement holds true. 

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I said it before and I'll say it again, the coordinators for this team are the single biggest thing holding them back. 

That's 2 games for sure and probably 3 that they've cost us by being entire too passive. 

I can almost guarantee you when the coordinators are breaking down film, the majority of discussion will be what the players didn't execute and/or their missed assignments. Right or wrong that's what usually happens. This loss falls on everyone, coaches and players. However, you are right, most of the heat will be definitely be on the coordinators as second guessing the play calling will happen while reviewing tape. I wonder how much this loss will strain the coaching staff's relationship. 

1. "death" Roh. A great game.

2. Streveler....one shitty throw and didn't get rattled

3. Harris...showed up to play until they started being far too conservative

HH D Line and linebackers for holding their vaunted running back to next to nothing.

Like most, I'm horribly disappointed that we found a way to lose a game that we should've easily won. Gotta play hammer down and foot on the throat.