3 stars plus HH Sacre bleu

wbbfan

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Goat horns to plop and hall. For going soo conservative and wasting awful blitzes respectively. 

1 Harris 

2 streveler

3 DL for shutting down the Al's run game

HH to the smash on Adams by kongbo

The D line shouldn't get any stars this game. Sure they shut the run down but VA had all day back there. Defense as a whole looked like they went out and enjoyed that Montreal nightlife. They weren't even great in the first half, it was just harder for their offense because they didn't have the ball a lot

I can't stand the lapo classic: have a lead, with time running out.

1st and 10 hand off up the gut that everyone in the country knows is coming. 2 yards gained. EVERY ******* TIME.

I don't even see how that can be called "conservative". It's just stupid and predictable. Consistantly puts the team behind the 8 ball. 

Edited by Dr Zaius

15 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

1st and 10 hand off up the gut that everyone in the country knows is coming. 2 yards gained. EVERY ******* TIME.

I don't even see how that can be called "conservative". It's just stupid and predictable. Consistantly puts the team behind the 8 ball. 

This. Lapo always calls the patented run up the middle late in the game. Goes nowhere. 2nd and long, QB draw or screen pass. Punt. Way too conservative 

17 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

You know what would have been a great call there? Have Demski and/or Whitehead sneak out of the backfield on crossing patterns and have Streveler do that fake run throw. Montreal had EVERYONE on the line of scrimmage. But nope, lets just run straight into a wall of Alouettes. No imagination, no killer instinct. So f******* frustrating.

10 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

My three stars:

1. Bob Irving - Continued trend of calling perfect play-by-play despite how awful team played.
2. Doug Brown - Likely successor to Bob, and also helped call a great game.
3. I don't know, the Montreal announcer, I guess.

I think Irving is below average but whatever 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I said it before and I'll say it again, the coordinators for this team are the single biggest thing holding them back. 

That's 2 games for sure and probably 3 that they've cost us by being entire too passive. 

They have to go in the off season... no more excuses. 

59 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

At least he shows up for 60 minutes.

He sits in a booth for 60 minutes, no question

Definitely not that good at it 

I'd rather listen to other team's broadcasts.

But he has been doing it forever so he has the job no matter what 

Edited by Geebrr