Game Day Thread: Week 15- Bombers @ Als, Khari Redux Edition

Wanna-B-Fanboy

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Osh is aware. He mentioned play calls on the post game show. 

But, with all due respect, who cares if he is “aware” and the same **** continues? Who cares if “the players love 0SH” and yet they fail to finish? The point is to win a championship.  I mean, that is the measure by which every other pro sport coach is evaluated and the failure to deliver on it ultimately gets every last one of them fired… Eventually.

So if that championship isn’t achieved, it can’t reasonably go on, forever, can it?  And, once you concede that point, the question is just how long should it go on. I say anything short of a trip to the Grey cup this year is that point.

18 minutes ago, do or die said:

Sorry.  I'm a MOS supporter.   But blowing a 20 point lead to the TORONTO ARGOS and a 21 point lead in the 4TH QUARTER, when you are in a tight race for first......are not character builders, learning experiences, moral victories, or growing pains.   Flat out unacceptable....and when this happens, the MO from our OC/DC is usually the same ole crap.  

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you write above except for after the ellipses...

As in, totally flat out unacceptable… But why do you give our coach a pass and focus only on “the MO from our OC/DC”… Isn’t it also “the same ole crap” from the MOS team?

I mean he’s the facking guy in charge!

16 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

I finally have settled down enough to post now, but man, what an inexcusable collapse. Both co-ordinators deserve all the vitriol they are getting but to be fair the bomber D had tonnes of missed assignments.  Plenty of Als receivers were plain old ignored in coverage.

Posey made several grabs in triple coverage.

this might sound ridiculous, but I kind of thought it in the Toronto game earlier in the year..... is this coaching staff just too nice, and don't want to run up the score?  That seems to be the only reason I can come up with as far as "letting off the gas" goes.   There was a play late in the 2nd, where Winston Rose closed on the ball and just swatted it away with one hand.  Dunigan made the comment that he probably makes the pick if he gets both his hands up (and it looked like he definitely could have).  Was the coaching staff already maybe coaching the players down telling them take it easy and don't run up the score and look like a$$h***s??

They seem to lack that killer instinct, and I'm seriously wondering if it's just trying to be too classy of a team and not kick a team while they're down??   Problem is, you can come back with little time left in this league, and maybe they should be a$$h***s and run that score up when they have the opportunity!

This is pure speculation and not based on anything other than gut feeling but as far as Lapo’s playcalling with a lead goes, I always attributed it to him not wanting to give too much away or “waste” good plays when in his mind the game is well at hand. Probably wrong, but it’s where my mind has always wandered to. 

10 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

This is pure speculation and not based on anything other than gut feeling but as far as Lapo’s playcalling with a lead goes, I always attributed it to him not wanting to give too much away or “waste” good plays when in his mind the game is well at hand. Probably wrong, but it’s where my mind has always wandered to. 

Perhaps...but it's not like he would be giving the playbook away by continuing with what has already been succeeding. He didn't need to flip to the back of the playbook in the second half. He just needed to continue with what was already proving successful.

Having said that...maybe these opposing DCs are figuring him out after 2 quarters and he's unable/unwilling to counter punch.

Pffft...I don't know anymore...honestly...sigh...

1 hour ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

But, with all due respect, who cares if he is “aware” and the same **** continues? Who cares if “the players love 0SH” and yet they fail to finish? The point is to win a championship.  I mean, that is the measure by which every other pro sport coach is evaluated and the failure to deliver on it ultimately gets every last one of them fired… Eventually.

So if that championship isn’t achieved, it can’t reasonably go on, forever, can it?  And, once you concede that point, the question is just how long should it go on. I say anything short of a trip to the Grey cup this year is that point.

Ive said it before. Name me a "players coach" in either league who has had lasting success? All the great ones are hard asses that the players respect and almost fear. Those coaches expect the players/other coaches to perform, and when they don't, they are replaced. MOS is a coddler who always has a thousand excuses.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

I’m on vacation in Mexico so I couldn’t watch the game. Checked the score at the half, end of the 3rd and then end of the game.  Not surprised by the end result.    

But perfect example of the teacher (khari Jones) one upping the master (Lapo) .  

Put me in a bad mood tonight and of course my doesn’t understand as she doesn’t follow sports.  

Oh well at least I’m in paradise.   

Kyle Walters isn't firing O'Shea so the only change we can hope for is that the 2 Coordinators get the boot. Hopefully that would be enough of a philosophical change needed to put us over the top next year if we gas this season in the playoffs. I mean, what else would they do? Not a lot. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if things remained status quo even if we lose in the playoffs this season with all the coaches returning. I certainly don't get the impression Wade Miller has marched into Walters office & told him that if they lose again then changes will be coming, do you? I sure get the impression this coaching staff isn't under the gun to win.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you write above except for after the ellipses...

As in, totally flat out unacceptable… But why do you give our coach a pass and focus only on “the MO from our OC/DC”… Isn’t it also “the same ole crap” from the MOS team?

I mean he’s the facking guy in charge!

Fair enough.....but you generally have to work your way up.....and if that doesn't work, well we know what comes next...

Hecht....like is predecessor at safety simply have no cover skills and concept of pursuit angles or the ability to see the field. So the solution for their limited skills is to repeatedly blitz them and play cover zero. The end result of that is if you get no real pressure on the QB you have a defence that is then exposed to the big play. We again witnessed the result. So who is to blame the DC who has a safety that can’t cover or those responsible for having the poor player in the line up? Teams will continue to exploit it by playing max protection for the QB to protect against the blitz or go after him when he can’t play in coverage.

10 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Hecht....like is predecessor at safety simply have no cover skills and concept of pursuit angles or the ability to see the field. So the solution for their limited skills is to repeatedly blitz them and play cover zero. The end result of that is if you get no real pressure on the QB you have a defence that is then exposed to the big play. We again witnessed the result. So who is to blame the DC who has a safety that can’t cover or those responsible for having the poor player in the line up? Teams will continue to exploit it by playing max protection for the QB to protect against the blitz or go after him when he can’t play in coverage.

The blitz package is so ineffective too.  Not too sure what Bighill is ever doing on passing downs, seems like he has too much leeway to freelance and can’t move fast enough to do anything impactful.  Only guys blitzing ever getting into the pocket are Gaitor or Hecht.

13 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The blitz package is so ineffective too.  Not too sure what Bighill is ever doing on passing downs, seems like he has too much leeway to freelance and can’t move fast enough to do anything impactful.  Only guys blitzing ever getting into the pocket are Gaitor or Hecht.

Yup. Watching BigHill this game, he mostly played like a spectator. No way you let him freelance if his body can't catch up with his eyes. WJ freelances at times but usually makes the play.

11 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Hecht will be 34 in a couple of days. 

Maybe time to try and work Hallett or Exume in and see what they have to offer.

Never too early to start thinking about next year and that's not saying this year is over yet.

12 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I’m on vacation in Mexico so I couldn’t watch the game. Checked the score at the half, end of the 3rd and then end of the game.  Not surprised by the end result.    

But perfect example of the teacher (khari Jones) one upping the master (Lapo) .  

Put me in a bad mood tonight and of course my doesn’t understand as she doesn’t follow sports.  

Oh well at least I’m in paradise.   

Consider yourself fortunate to not have watched that travesty of a collapse.