Game Day Thread: Week 15- Bombers @ Als, Khari Redux Edition

Wanna-B-Fanboy

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

the D has won us games but what does it really matter if they can't stop anything when it really counts?  Hall never closes out a first half and never shuts down a team in the 4th Q...  this has been with a variety of personnel

Same applies to Lapo... they are a terrible combo... only worse combo was Etch and Hall...

This. It's one thing to have an OC that plays conservative with a lead if you have a DC that plays aggressive regardless the score...or vice versa...but to have them both play with the same "safe" attitude is just a recipe for disaster.

Edited by Deiter Fan

found it interesting on the post game show, Bob & Doug talking to O'Shea, and O'Shea goes on to say that this is 'a fantastic opportunity to learn from our mistakes' trying to spin it into a positive.  Bob fired back with 'I don't think this is the time of the season you still want to be learning these lessons'.   I like O'Shea, but sometimes he really tries to deflect criticism and spin it into a positive rather than take it head on.   If he doesn't see a problem with his coaching staff after this epic collapse, then he really is blindly loyal, and we'll never get to the promised land under him.  Sad.  This team has all the pieces, just scared pilots!

28 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

This. It's one thing to have an OC that plays conservative with a lead if you have a DC that plays aggressive regardless the score...or vice versa...but to have them both play with the same "safe" attitude is just a recipe for disaster.

Yet there they were sitting side by side in the coaches booth all game. Bet that was a quick conversation.

19 minutes ago, Carlos Harper said:

Why the free pass for teflon Mike O'Shea?

Every year after the season is over he keeps saying he will be more involved with the defense.  

Honestly this is what I'm beginning to come back to over and over again recently. In any organization the employees take their cues from management. These are professional co-ordinators...surely they could adjust their patterns if they were encouraged/instructed to by management. If they're not changing then either they are incapable or management doesn't want it/doesn't recognize the need.

Edited by Deiter Fan

11 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

Honestly this is what I'm beginning to come back to over and over again recently. In any organization the employees take their cues from management. These are professional co-ordinators...surely they could adjust their patterns if they were encouraged/instructed to by management. If they're not changing then either they are incapable or management doesn't want it/doesn't recognize the need.

Well when u have 2 veteran coordinators who have a history of doing this.. Its tough to change. 

I think theres 2 many ppl here who always want to blame anyone but the players tho.. And.. Just like Against SASK at the LDC... It was missed tackles and blown assigments. The O? Their main issue was the Als were on the field all 4th quarter. 

Listen.. I get it.. Blame the guys not missing tackles or blowing assignments.. But there's a point here where u gotta remember the OC DC OSH (who u can hear coaching players up all game long) aren't on the field playing. 

The players ****** up. They **** the bed. It happens. Its sports. 

Als arent a terrible team. 

Bombers are pretty damn good.. Could be better.. But.. In 2 games this year our D has failed to make a play when the game was on the line. But in several games this year.. They were why we won. 

Toronto? I put that on the O. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Well when u have 2 veteran coordinators who have a history of doing this.. Its tough to change. 

I think theres 2 many ppl here who always want to blame anyone but the players tho.. And.. Just like Against SASK at the LDC... It was missed tackles and blown assigments. The O? Their main issue was the Als were on the field all 4th quarter. 

Listen.. I get it.. Blame the guys not missing tackles or blowing assignments.. But there's a point here where u gotta remember the OC DC OSH (who u can hear coaching players up all game long) aren't on the field playing. 

The players ****** up. They **** the bed. It happens. Its sports. 

Als arent a terrible team. 

I hear ya...honestly...but how do we account for blistering first halves followed by bed shi**ing second halves? It's the same players. Surely they don't forget how to play after taking a 15min break. But we can all see a marked difference in play calling.

Montreal is not a bad team.....but we blew a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter    Pretty hard to sugar coat that.  Not letting players off the hook, but I am not sure that we have the OC/DC to bring us home.   Far too many "playsafe" episodes, on both sides of the ball, after getting a lead.   Have flat out blown 6 points, in the standings....so far.

1 minute ago, Deiter Fan said:

I hear ya...honestly...but how do we account for blistering first halves followed by bed shi**ing second halves? It's the same players. Surely they don't forget how to play after taking a 15min break. But we can all see a marked difference in play calling.

Oh ya im on the enough of Lapo and Hall train

26 minutes ago, Carlos Harper said:

Why the free pass for teflon Mike O'Shea?

Every year after the season is over he keeps saying he will be more involved with the defense.  

This.

It’s kind of unbelievable to me how certain posters consistently want to protect our coach from scrutiny. Just what the hell is that about? 

If these coordinators are really as utterly useless as some people seem to believe and Michael O’Shea is their boss and fails to bring about changes or to successfully re-design schemes or implement the necessary improvements himself and then also continues to bring those direct reports back year after year… How should he not be accountable? Just what is his purpose if he bears zero responsibility for what either the offence or defence does? I mean, geez, what a sweet gig! Can I have this job?

I mean, truly, what other head coach in any pro sport has such luxury, consistently getting a pass on these kind of performances, with fans calling for the heads of the underlings? It makes zero sense, even if his only sin is a daft and unthinking loyalty to mediocrity, it is a fireable offence.

I’m not talking middle of the season, of course. We are 9 and 4 and it still possible that he pulls it out. But if we get bounced in first round...dude, he’s been here six years. It should be over. 

It’s pro sports, folks, that’s how it works. 

7 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

This.

It’s kind of unbelievable to me how certain posters consistently want to protect our coach from scrutiny. Just what the hell is that about? 

If these coordinators are really as utterly useless as some people seem to believe and Michael O’Shea is their boss and fails to bring about changes or to successfully re-design schemes or implement the necessary improvements himself and then also continues to bring those direct reports back year after year… How should he not be accountable? Just what is his purpose if he bears zero responsibility for what either the offence or defence does? I mean, geez, what a sweet gig! Can I have this job?

I mean, truly, what other head coach in any pro sport has such luxury, consistently getting a pass on these kind of performances, with fans calling for the heads of the underlings? It makes zero sense, even if his only sin is a daft and unthinking loyalty to mediocrity, it is a fireable offence.

I’m not talking middle of the season, of course. We are 9 and 4 and it still possible that he pulls it out. But if we get bounced in first round...dude, he’s been here six years. It should be over. 

It’s pro sports, folks, that’s how it works. 

Head Coaches tend to get fired after both Coordinators are gone. Also when the room revolts. That's yet to happen really. I dunno. Players love OSH. I think that matters

48 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

found it interesting on the post game show, Bob & Doug talking to O'Shea, and O'Shea goes on to say that this is 'a fantastic opportunity to learn from our mistakes' trying to spin it into a positive.  Bob fired back with 'I don't think this is the time of the season you still want to be learning these lessons'.   I like O'Shea, but sometimes he really tries to deflect criticism and spin it into a positive rather than take it head on.   If he doesn't see a problem with his coaching staff after this epic collapse, then he really is blindly loyal, and we'll never get to the promised land under him.  Sad.  This team has all the pieces, just scared pilots!

Sorry.  I'm a MOS supporter.   But blowing a 20 point lead to the TORONTO ARGOS and a 21 point lead in the 4TH QUARTER, when you are in a tight race for first......are not character builders, learning experiences, moral victories, or growing pains.   Flat out unacceptable....and when this happens, the MO from our OC/DC is usually the same ole crap.  

Just now, do or die said:

Sorry.  I'm a MOS supporter.   But blowing a 20 point lead to the TORONTO ARGOS and a 21 point lead in the 4TH QUARTER, when you are in a tight race for first......are not character builders, learning experiences, moral victories, or growing pains.   Flat out unacceptable....and when this happens, the MO from our OC/DC is usually the same ole crap.  

Osh is aware. He mentioned play calls on the post game show.