Game Day Thread: Week 15- Bombers @ Als, Khari Redux Edition

Wanna-B-Fanboy

Bunch of masochists we are, finally a team full of talent ready to win it all, or so we were lead to believe, personally I'm starting to thing that this coaching has had enough time and the only thing that should save them is a Grey Cup, anything sort of that and they should be let go, the whole lot of them

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Bunch of masochists we are, finally a team full of talent ready to win it all, or so we were lead to believe, personally I'm starting to thing that this coaching has had enough time and the only thing that should save them is a Grey Cup, anything sort of that and they should be let go, the whole lot of them

Agreed. With the amount of talent this team should be a Grey Cup favorite, especially with all the QB injuries. Anything short and at the very least the coordinators need to go. Enough is enough already.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Reffing played a role today folks

Its a bullshit play but there were garbage/missed calls all game, going both ways. Just sounds like sour grapes at this point. Bighill with another forgettable game. Hey Adam, stop whining about the refs and build a time machine to go and bring back 2018 Adam Bighill. I like him better. 

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Its a bullshit play but there were garbage/missed calls all game, going both ways. Just sounds like sour grapes at this point. Bighill with another forgettable game. Hey Adam, stop whining about the refs and build a time machine to go and bring back 2018 Adam Bighill. I like him better. 

The guy who threw the winning TD moments b4 hit bighill in the head with a weapon.. Thats not sour grapes. That's horseshit. 

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Well he did get two sacks and played a key role in shutting down the Als rushing attack. I'm a lot more concerned about why the secondary looked so discombobulated in the fourth quarter.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The guy who threw the winning TD moments b4 hit bighill in the head with a weapon.. Thats not sour grapes. That's horseshit. 

Ofcourse its horseshit but crying about it on social media after you and your defense just s*** all over the field in THE BIGGEST Alouette comeback in their history is sad. Its like saying "we had no answers for him and he schooled us and took our lunch money, but but but he shouldn't have been in the game anymore!!!" :(

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

That was an incredibly dirty play.  I posted here almost instantly that he swung the helmet and should have been gone.  That is literally an assault with a potential weapon and it is disgusting that it went uncalled regardless of the outcome of the game.  The ref clearly saw it because he threw a flag on the play but let Adams stay in the game.  There should be a suspension for this bs because this went way too far 

1 minute ago, Starman115 said:

Well he did get two sacks and played a key role in shutting down the Als rushing attack. I'm a lot more concerned about why the secondary looked so discombobulated in the fourth quarter.

I think the front 4 is more to thank for our wicked run defense. He also missed a fumble that was in his hands. He is a shell of his 2018 self. He looks like molasses in January out there.

It's one thing to rip a helmut off a player he crosses the line when he swings it at the guys unprotected head, imagine if he connected, the ref and his team should be called onto the carpet but the wont do anything maybe a small fine to Adams this crew will ruin another game next week , did you see how many covered seats there are in Montreal this win was needed by Montreal and the league and without duck chucking Adams that would never of happen, of course the Bombers db's played a big part in this collapse.

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

It's one thing to rip a helmut off a player he crosses the line when he swings it at the guys unprotected head, imagine if he connected, the ref and his team should be called onto the carpet but the wont do anything maybe a small fine to Adams this crew will ruin another game next week , did you see how many covered seats there are in Montreal this win was needed by Montreal and the league and without duck chucking Adams that would never of happen, of course the Bombers db's played a big part in this collapse.

If he connects.. Its nothing but bad press

19 minutes ago, Brandon said:

We had a massive time of possession advantage in the first half.... no excuses for the scheme

Yeah I guess you're right...  everyone seemed gassed by the end of the game though - maybe they just took their foot off the gas and then couldn't rebound

Seemed like a bit of a turning point for the D was that 'offside' play that didn't end up being offside...  WillieJ just stopped and walked towards Adams - it was so weird ha

7 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Hecht's inexperience as a safety and his lack of speed were huge factors in this game - yes he makes nice plays when the ball is thrown directly to him... but I have yet to see him read a broken play and come over the top with safety help for anyone

9 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Nevis and Richardson are almost exclusively the reason for our stout run defence. They are both essentially unblockable. Granted, pass defence is infinitely more important than run defence but it’s nice to make teams one dimensional right out of the gate. 

So they can spend more time torching the Hall soft coverage, prevent D

Just now, do or die said:

So they can spend more time torching the Hall soft coverage, prevent D

Again, while it was a horrible defensive effort today, the defence deserves some rope for how well they’ve played for much of the season. Even if you put this loss exclusively on them (which is fair enough), they were the sole reason for at least three wins this season so it’s hard to be too upset. 

5 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Again, while it was a horrible defensive effort today, the defence deserves some rope for how well they’ve played for much of the season. Even if you put this loss exclusively on them (which is fair enough), they were the sole reason for at least three wins this season so it’s hard to be too upset. 

the D has won us games but what does it really matter if they can't stop anything when it really counts?  Hall never closes out a first half and never shuts down a team in the 4th Q...  this has been with a variety of personnel

Same applies to Lapo... they are a terrible combo... only worse combo was Etch and Hall...

6 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

The talent is definitely there. I don't think that's what concerns most people.

15 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Hecht's inexperience as a safety and his lack of speed were huge factors in this game - yes he makes nice plays when the ball is thrown directly to him... but I have yet to see him read a broken play and come over the top with safety help for anyone

Not to mention when he tries to tackle he always dips his head and well doesn't make the tackle.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

the D has won us games but what does it really matter if they can't stop anything when it really counts?  Hall never closes out a first half and never shuts down a team in the 4th Q...  this has been with a variety of personnel

Same applies to Lapo... they are a terrible combo... only worse combo was Etch and Hall...

The D has made a ton of stops this season when it counts. Both Edmonton games and the Calgary game come to mind. In fact, they make the stops when it counts more than they don’t, regardless of recency bias.