Game Day Thread: Week 15- Bombers @ Als, Khari Redux Edition

Wanna-B-Fanboy

9 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I think the bottom line for me is, did Streveler leave any plays on the field in the second half? And to me the answer is no. He absolutely did not light it up but once again he was put in a position to fail by his co-ordinator. And I’m sympathetic to Nichols in the sense that Lapo also does him no favours while still being convinced Streveler is both better and gives this team a better chance to win. 

But doesn't this show how badly Nichols has been judged by fans? He can only do so much as a qb when his OC calls plays that are predictable & conservative. Especially in the 2nd half when we have a lead.  We play not to lose instead of to win. LaPo goes into his shell & opportunities dry up. Making Nichols look bad with unimpressive stats. Matt is a better qb than he is allowed to show under LaPo. We saw it today with Streveler. Compare his stats from the first half to the second. The O just ground to a halt with ultra conservative play calling.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Of course. Strev was 19 of 22. FFS let the guy throw more.. 

Harris was barely used 2nd half. 

I think the D should be able to hold a 24 point lead but regardless... The O play calling went ultra conservative

That is Lapo's MO. Here is a brilliant ****ing idea I just had. Why don't we keep calling the plays that have worked all game regardless of the score? You know, the old adage "keep doing it until they can stop it"? I know it sounds crazy! Like weve got the ball with 2 minutes left, EVERYONE on planet earth and beyond knows its going to be a run. WHY RUN STRAIGHT INTO 48 GUYS IN THE BOX?!?!? ITS NEVER GOING TO WORK. Game is on the line, that is when a good coordinator is going to pull that one play he's been sitting on that can put the game away. No imagination. Lapo is just braindead.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

But doesn't this show how badly Nichols has been judged by fans? He can only do so much as a qb & his OC calls plays that are predictable & conservative. Especially in the 2nd half when we have a lead.  We play not to lose instead of to win. LaPo goes into his shell & opportunities dry up. Making Nichols look bad with unimpressive stats. Matt is a better qb than he is allowed to show under LaPo. We saw it today with Streveler. Compare his stats from the first half to the second. The O just ground to a halt.

Think with Matt our O is pretty predictable. He aint running. He likely aint taking 2 many chances either. Nichols has become Lapo.. Pretty conservative QB.. Predictable. 

Strev gives us more options but yes pretty obvious they are both held back by Lapo. 

Edited by Goalie

Streveler did very little to help the cause in the second half.   If ever there was a time for a quarterback to step up and control a game, this was it, and he failed miserably.   Ball control was all that was needed.  Mind you, he was not alone.  Where was the defensive backfield?

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Think with Matt our O is pretty predictable. He aint running. He likely aint taking 2 many chances either. Nichols has become Lapo.. Pretty conservative QB.. Predictable. 

Strev gives us more options but yes pretty obvious they are both held back by Lapo. 

Nichols is a better passer than Streveler so why won't LaPo design a passing offense to go with what he does best? He doesn't. It's just the same **** plays no matter who plays for him.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

As you can see from the post game reaction, a lot of us won't be getting over this game anytime soon.

Barring something miraculous happening, we will make the playoffs and soil the sheets in another heartbreaking loss- probably to the Riders, to add insult to injury. 

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I was just gonna say... Not a hall fan but between the poor tackling and just missed assignments on wide open guys.. Yeah.. This is on players for sure. 

If the players don't understand their assignments then that is on coaching. Hall is the DC so it ultimately falls on him.

To be more honest.. If you watch that last drive again... Missed tackles. Bust in coverage big play. Another blown assignment on the TD. 

That last drive was truly just Montreal being better. Our players **** the bed. Yeah our O and DC need to go but.. Guys beating guys like that.. That dont matter who the DC is. Montreal players wanted it more. Also Hecht is somewhat of a huge liability at Safety. 

Copy and paste from the LDC thread

Edited by Goalie