Game Day Thread: Week 15- Bombers @ Als, Khari Redux Edition

Wanna-B-Fanboy

4 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

I was thinking as they were driving at will.... "what the hell is Mitchell going to do to us?".  This could be a tough stretch if that's what we have to look forward to against QBs that can pass.   Dane Evans will pick us apart too for *&^% sakes.

Agreed- I fear we will back into the playoffs, come in 3rd and get bounced by the riders in mosaic. Season ends... slowly walk off the bandwagon- each year it gets harder and harder to climb back on. 

Nichols did the same thing against at the argos.  It's not the qb, its thebes play calling. O and D did the same **** the last 7 minutes of the ******* game. Dont try to score, just try to run out the clock. Dont be aggressive on d just dont **** up. rince and repeat. ******* pathetic. Hall and Lapo should be ******* embarrassed for this bullshit.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We have the talent to win. Our coordinators on O & D continue to hold our players back. It's unbelievable to me that our HC & Team President can't see that.  We desperately need to make a change at both coaching positions but I fear this off season will be the same as the last few & nothing happens.

The D has continually made plays to win even in games that don’t flatter them.  Hecht INT in this one another example.  The O literally took a knee on that half, and by scheme.  Took 0 risks and generated 2 FG attempts, one from midfield.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Nichols did the same thing against at the argos.  It's not the qb, its thebes play calling. O and D did the same **** the last 7 minutes of the ******* game. Dont try to score, just try to run out the clock. Dont be aggressive on d just dont **** up. rince and repeat. ******* pathetic. Hall and Lapo should be ******* embarrassed for this bullshit.

Yep. Been saying that all season long. Nichols wasn't the problem. LaPo is.

I’m in a bad enough mood so sure I’ll pile on....  F$ck Lapo and his shrinking violet 2nd half play calling.  And F$ck Hall and his simpleton blitzes and be-my-guest “prevent” schemes.  We have the players, hell we even have the plays, IN THE FIRST HALF OF GAMES.

Can you imagine what it’s like in the Bombers’ booth?

O’shea 1st half:

”We’re really stomping these guys, look forward to closing this out”

Lapo: ”Hold my beer...”

Hall: “No, hold MY beer...”

I think the bottom line for me is, did Streveler leave any plays on the field in the second half? And to me the answer is no. He absolutely did not light it up but once again he was put in a position to fail by his co-ordinator. And I’m sympathetic to Nichols in the sense that Lapo also does him no favours while still being convinced Streveler is both better and gives this team a better chance to win. 

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

Yeah but the Als didn't beat us by dink and dunking it like a prevent defense should allow. We were getti g beat for huge gains. Guys left uncovered.

how they connect on that pass to Bray for 60 yards is just inexcusable.  How do you get blown by like that when that's the one play you need to defend against with such little time left!?  Pathetic...

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

Yeah but the Als didn't beat us by dink and dunking it like a prevent defense should allow. We were getti g beat for huge gains. Guys left uncovered.

This has always been a thing...  Hall's 'prevent' defence doesn't prevent anything - his blitzing empties out the flats, lets plays develop because the QB has max protect and tires his own DBs out...

Anyone else remember the announcement two years ago that Hall was staying but Osh was personally working with him to cut down the big plays...  nothing ever changed...

Lapo and Hall ALWAYS revert to who they are around this time of year...  gonna be a tough playoffs

3 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

I’m in a bad enough mood so sure I’ll pile on....  F$ck Lapo and his shrinking violet 2nd half play calling.  And F$ck Hall and his simpleton blitzes and be-my-guest “prevent” schemes.  We have the players, hell we even have the plays, IN THE FIRST HALF OF GAMES.

Can you imagine what it’s like in the Bombers’ booth?

O’shea 1st half:

”We’re really stomping these guys, look forward to closing this out”

Lapo: ”Hold my beer...”

Hall: “No, hold MY beer...”

based on the conservative schemes I just watched... these guys both drink beer from sippy cups

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I am NO fan of Hall but Montreal receivers were running untouched all game for huge chunk gains. Mass confusion at times, guys left wide open. That's not scheme, that's on the players. 

I was just gonna say... Not a hall fan but between the poor tackling and just missed assignments on wide open guys.. Yeah.. This is on players for sure. 

Edited by Goalie

I get #Bombers fans frustration, I'm in shock over what I just saw too. But there have only been two games like this from defence. #Argos & #Als today. Overall this WPG defence has been good this year. But 4th quarters D gives up way too much & offence does way too little.

I mean... that's the whole point - who cares if you call a good game for three quarters if you turtle in the fourth... or if you've exhausted your DBs by then...

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I get #Bombers fans frustration, I'm in shock over what I just saw too. But there have only been two games like this from defence. #Argos & #Als today. Overall this WPG defence has been good this year. But 4th quarters D gives up way too much & offence does way too little.

I mean... that's the whole point - who cares if you call a good game for three quarters if you turtle in the fourth... or if you've exhausted your DBs by then...

No kidding. Toth is such a tool lmfao. STFU.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti