Hamilton @ Edmonton

Zontar

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He never wanted to leave Edmonton. Even though he found success with the Argos I think that trade from the Esks not only blindsided but hurt him a great deal. Witness his very emotional speech last night to the crowd. This guy has Eskimo green running through his veins. Not Argo blue.

Tillman's worst trade ever.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Here's the structure: One player (qb) will get between $250-$600K. That won't be a CFL qb getting the high end.  It'll be an NFL backup qb that is well known. The other pay structures are explained in the linked article.

https://theathleteshub.org/xfls-player-salary-structure-explained/

Masoli is probably more well-known south of the border than a lot of NFL QB's, was a starter at a big PAC-12 school and a big SEC school.  I think there's a real high probability he goes, and I'm not sure the CFL will be worse for it.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Here's the structure: One player (qb) will get between $250-$600K. That won't be a CFL qb getting the high end.  It'll be an NFL backup qb that is well known. The other pay structures are explained in the linked article.

https://theathleteshub.org/xfls-player-salary-structure-explained/

Thanks for info.

34 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Wins football games and some pretty stats to go along with many of them. . Checks off the two main boxes QBs are measured by.

Shrug.

I think the Ticats have something good in Evans.  He still needs some development through experience but potential is there.  Makes mistakes that young QBs make (I.e. his INT), but he sure has the confidence to overcome it.

3 hours ago, wpgallday1960 said:

I think the Ticats have something good in Evans.  He still needs some development through experience but potential is there.  Makes mistakes that young QBs make (I.e. his INT), but he sure has the confidence to overcome it.

Far exceeded any reasonable expectation for a backup never mind a second year pro with six starts.